GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "DTM Legends, AMG vs Alfa"

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
Hello everyone!

In the beginning of October '09, Shigegaki - Niigaki at that time - started the "GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge" for GTPSP and... success ! So he kept on with "GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two" before passing the hosting torch to Glubags (Season 1 and 2 Champion) who spiced it up with a new format : GT5TT's -> GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 : Stock VS Race. Inspired by the excellent work he did I decided to start a car list with both stock and race versions, then I keep on making lists with GTP Members precious' help, and fell in love with an idea for a GTPlanet Time Attack Challenge...

So without further ado, I present :

"GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "DTM Legends, AMG vs Alfa" ! (April 17th - May 9th)...

When GTPlanet TAC meets History...

I. Format (following Glubags' steps for the most part of it) :

There will be two challenges, each involving these two cars :

- Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 (with 38 wins have still the all-time record of victories in DTM AND 1993 DTM Champion ! [wikipedia], ) 1 250 000 cr
- AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 (1992 DTM Champion [wikipedia, [AMG]) 1 250 000 cr

These two challenges will be held at two DTM (official website) Tracks :

- Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo (Challenge 1)
- Nürburgring (Challenge 2)

This event will last three weeks :
- one week for challenge 1 - Saturday, April 17th to Sunday, April 25th -
- two weeks for challenge 2 - Sunday, April 25th to Sunday, May 9th.

You may submit times for the cars at any point within the 7-day timeframe, and you may choose which car to work on first or even choose which one of those two cars you may compete for the all event with (in other words : you can compete with two cars, OR just only ONE car for the all event, BUT you can't compete just for one challenge !). There are no rules on the order of times submitted, just be absolutely sure to submit your times before 3:59 pm GMT+2 of the last Sunday for each challenge, you may have to update your times the first and second sunday of Challenge 2 too. No late entries will be accepted. If you fail to meet the deadline for time submissions, you're not out of the running just yet. You will be given an opportunity to compete again at one condition (See Rule 10 for further information). On each Sunday, results will be compiled, rankings updated.(I advise you to go to My GTPlanet (User Control Panel) > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Time Zone > scroll to "(GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa" ! Then You'll have your GTPlanet pages set with the right time !)

There will be no point system, your ranking will be derived from your combined lap times. There will be 9 (3x3) leaderboards for this season : [Overall DTM Legends, Overall Alfa Romeo, and Overall AMG Mercedes], Challenge 2 [DTM Legends, Alfa Romeo, and AMG Mercedes] & Challenge 1 [DTM Legends, Alfa Romeo, and AMG Mercedes].

DTM Legends Championship : (Combining your Alfa + AMG lap times to arrive at an overall time.)

Alfa Romeo Championship : This championship will be based only on times submitted for the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 car.

AMG Mercedes Championship : This championship will be based only on times submitted for the AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 car.

II. Rules/Restrictions:

1. As noted above, each challenge will start at 3:59 pm GMT+2 on the Sunday of the given week and will end at 3:59 pm GMT+2 on the following Sunday for Challenge 1 and on the second following Sunday for Challenge 2. If your time is submitted after the deadline, your time will not count. No exceptions. In the unfortunate and unlikely event of being late but still want to be in the competition please see rule "10. Penalty Condition".

2. Only Professional Physics may be used.

3. In keeping with GT5TT, because they are Touring Cars, only R1 tires may be used.

4. Cars specifics -sum-up- :
- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : off
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

5. All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

6. Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

7. You must post a picture of your Ghost Replay Save Data information screen from the main PSP menu (accessed by choosing Saved Data, then press Triangle on your Ghost Data and choosing Information) showing the Date, Course, Vehicle, Lap Time, Physics used, Tires used, and your GTPlanet username written on a slip of paper. Please see the Season 3 thread for several examples.

8. You must support your final submitted lap times by uploading the Ghost Replay Save Data of your fastest time for everyone to see. Your time will not count if you fail to upload your replay before the deadline of each challenge. Please refer to this post for instructions on how to locate your Ghost Replay Save Data.

9. Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

10. Penalty Condition :
"Penalty Condition" will be given to competitors who miss the deadline for time submission(s) or submit an unclean lap but still want to compete. They will have a 48 hours timeframe to submit their time(s) BUT will have to run with S3/S3, and can only match the 4th best time even if they did better (for instance top 4 is 1'40.000, 1'40.200 and 1'40.400 and 1'40.600, if the S3/S3 competitor run a 1'40.300, he'll be granted a 1'40.600 laptime).

Someone who wants to jump in will have to run with Penalty Condition.

III Prices.

By the end of this event, there will be at most 3 champions :

:gtplanet: Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge DTM Legends Alfa Romeo Champion.

:gtplanet: Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge DTM Legends AMG Mercedes Champion.

:gtplanet: Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge DTM Legends Alfa Romeo & AMG Mercedes Champion.

:gtplanet: Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge DTM Legends Alfa Romeo & AMG Mercedes Legend.
(In case of the "DTM Legends Alfa Romeo & AMG Mercedes Champion" is also "DTM Legends Alfa Romeo Champion" AND "DTM Legends AMG Mercedes Champion"... Glubags ? PiTch_ ?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboards​

Ranking : [competitor] [time] (deficit to precedent)( deficit to leader) [links to challenge entries]

[ ----- Overall : April 17th to May 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2----- ]

Overall DTM Legends Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||17'10.461 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--
2. easyasashii\\\17'16.417 ---(+0'05.956)---(+0'05.956)--
3. ---

Overall Alfa Romeo Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||8'32.421 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--
2. easyasashii\\\8'35.118 ---(+0'02.697)---(+0'02.697)--
3. ---

Overall AMG Mercedes Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||8'38.040 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--
2. easyasashii\\\8'41.299 ---(+0'03.259)---(+0'03.259)--
3. ---

[ ----- Challenge 2 : Nürburgring April 25th to May 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2----- ]

DTM Legends Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||13'55.530 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--
2. easyasashii\\\13'58.934 ---(+0'03.404)---(+0'03.404)--
3. ---

Alfa Romeo Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||6'55.790 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--[Replays]
2. easyasashii\\\6'56.735 ---(+0'00.945)---(+0'00.945)--[Replays]
3. ---

AMG Mercedes Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||6'59.740 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--[Replays]
2. easyasashii\\\7'02.199 ---(+0'02.459)---(+0'02.459)--[Replays]
3. ---

[ ----- Challenge 1 : Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo April 17th to April 25th 3:59 pm GMT+2----- ]

DTM Legends Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||3'14.931 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)--[Replays]
2. easyasashii\\\3'17.483 ---(+0'02.552)---(+0'02.552)--[Replays]
3. Detroitbb\\|||3'17.783 ---(+0'00.300)---(+0'02.852)--[Replays]

Alfa Romeo Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||1'36.631 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)
2. easyasashii\\\1'38.383 ---(+0'01.752)---(+0'01.752)
3. Detroitbb\\|||1'38.434 ---(+0'00.051)---(+0'01.803)

AMG Mercedes Championship :
1. Lion-Face\|||1'38.300 ---(+0'00.000)---(+0'00.000)
2. easyasashii\\\1'39.100 ---(+0'00.800)---(+0'00.800)
3. Detroitbb\\|||1'39.349 ---(+0'00.249)---(+0'01.049)

--------------------------------------

If you have any question, feel free to ask ;) !

Happy Racing :gtpflag:!

Last edited:
When it comes to the Nurburgring, the Time Attack ghost only makes it to the start of the long straight at the end of the lap. Although a 'race replay' file will save up to 11minutes of footage.

So, provided you do the first lap of the 'ring and then restart after that first lap, you can provide both a replay of the Time attack ghost and a replay of the full lap of the Time attack.

Provided you are still following at this point, is this required?, or is just the time attack ghost file still enough as a proof of lap?

I'm getting in on this too
👍 !

When it comes to the Nurburgring, the Time Attack ghost only makes it to the start of the long straight at the end of the lap. Although a 'race replay' file will save up to 11minutes of footage.

So, provided you do the first lap of the 'ring and then restart after that first lap, you can provide both a replay of the Time attack ghost and a replay of the full lap of the Time attack.

Provided you are still following at this point, is this required?, or is just the time attack ghost file still enough as a proof of lap?

Not really, got confused here sorry man !

But what I can say is that : 3 different situations :

1. You're about to run a lap , these are your options :

No save.

2. You did start a lap BUT didn't finish it and left the track , these are your options :

Can save the race cause it doesn't care if you ran half of a lap or 10 of them, but not a ghost -you didn't finish the lap-

3.You did finish the lap , these are your options :

Now you can save your ghost ! This is the one we need ! It will be your best lap on the track for the session you opened, from start to finish, Nurburgring too.

Let's say you ran ten laps, the save button on the left -situation 2- will save your race -so 10 laps- and the save button on the right -situation 3- will save your best laptime ghost.

Is that better now ? This is what you meant ? I'm not sure to understand what you said : "When it comes to the Nurburgring, the Time Attack ghost only makes it to the start of the long straight at the end of the lap"... All my ghosts aren't shorter, I can watch the lap from the start/finish line to the star t/finish line...

Anyone has this kind of problem ???

Last edited:
While I don't have my son's PSP available to check, I do remember a few discussions that the ghost replay wouldn't show the full Nurburgring lap (maybe some kind of time limit?). I think people spotted that problem when they would try to watch someone else's ghost replay or their own via the 'Replay Theater'. Now, I think it was a problem with the Ghost Replay data and not the Race Replay data, but I might have that backwards. Someone should check to see which it actually is (lion-face might be correct).

BTW - Awesome competition, easy!

Thanks guys ! The time limit could be a reason... all the replays -3- I watched have no problem (less than 8 minutes). I remember PiTch_ recording his lap too and no problem, here are some link where you can see chinese laps too :

http://bbs.mengzone.com/viewthread.php?tid=42151&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.mengzone.com/viewthread.php?tid=42151&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.mengzone.com/viewthread.php?tid=42826&extra=page%3D1

Some of them have a "1/1 lap" (must be ghost) some have just "1" (race)

CFW problem ???

EDIT : UMD problem ??? Because I have a downloaded PSN version, and friends of mine too...

Last edited:
i almost didnt get the car(the mercedez) but i got to make a race of 1.278.000 in the nurburgring with the mclaren f1(good fun) but almost 30 laps to the ring on s class, i hope this challenge should worth it, looking for the day that "alfa" comes

Glad to know you're in ;) ! Please do not forget that you'll have to Qualify first (see Rule 1 in first message) ! Good Luck !

Now that I've thought about it further, I think the problem was for the Race Replay (not the Ghost Replay). Also, I think it only happened after a certain amount of time elapsed... so everything should be good to go for this competition!

Yep, that's what I heard too : the more laps you run the bigger gets your datas so that depends on your disk free space or something like that...

Well good news, everything will be good to go for this competition and if you have any problem with your ghost, please send me a PM ! Thanks !

Well, from testing and playing with GTPSP....

Race replays run for about 11-13minutes depending on track.

Ghost replays not a problem, apart from Nurburgring where the ghost only runs up until the start of the long straight at the end of the lap.

I'm running the downloaded version of Gran Turismo on my PSPGo with the latest firmware. I also had the same issue when I was using the UMD GT on my PSP 3000 but have since sold that unit. PAL versions if that makes a difference...

So while my ghost replay on the 'ring won't show a full lap. If I do the Time Attack in 1lap stints, my 'race' replay will show a full lap and can save and upload both as proof of lap time.

EDIT: To test, what you should do is run a lap of Nurburgring in Time Trial mode. Save both the 'race replay' and the 'Ghost replay' and then quit to main menu and run both of the replays through the replay viewer.

Well, lion-face, I don't understand ! I'm as confused as you might be !

As I said before, I don't have any problem with the ghost replay !!! I have a 10/11/2009 time trial ghost replay, a 20/11/2009 time trial ghost replay, a 05/01/2010 time trial ghost replay, that I can watch without any kind of problem and I'm not the only one !!! I don't know what you mean by "through the replay viewer", I watch them through "Gran Turismo Theater" (see photo attached, I think that's what you meant.) ! I have a psp 3000, latest firmware, downloaded EUR GT version.

For your question : ONLY Ghost Replay Data (The folders with the "UC*S*****RPLY" prefix contain saved replays from single-player events. These are the ones you need to look for. ) + photo. To be sure not to mix things up, just try to save the Ghost, not the Race please.

Please, post a Ghost replay data so that we can see what's happening.

EDIT : name your car, I'll run with it and post ghost data, + recorded video.

Attachments

• IMG_84.JPG
    IMG_84.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi guys ! I thought about the rumble/ripple strips problem : part of the track or not ?

So I came up with this :

Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

Is it clear or you want me to explain more ?

The thread is updated.

Last edited:
Here is the replay you requested.

Attachments

• SAVEDATA.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
Ok, here (attached below) is my ghost lap replay of a Nurburgring lap I've done with the Ferrari Enzo. On my PSP this file gets up to the long straight at the end of the lap.

Its also run on N3's/No Aids....so it takes some time to get round the lap.

Here is my youtube vid of the 'Race Replay' which goes the full lap for comparisons sake.

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D02.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm watching it ! No problem (2'20.000 ) Back at you when i saw it till the end...

And I didn't saw it ! It stopped at 7'30. !

I'll watch again

So it did stop at 7'03. (sorry wrote 7'30.), beginning of the long straight !

But my 2 replays now cause yours deleted one of mine are a 7'10.587 and a 7'08.042 and no problem till the end !!!

EDIT : I'll run a lap now with the S2000 and post my data !

Last edited:
easyasashii i found what could migth be a problem in the time trial, a corner in one of the twisted sections of the circuit, taking some practice with the mclaren F1 ,i found this corner, now i want to know if is valid to pass over the rumble blank section of this corner or know if it is unvalid.

57453658_9440cf5aaf.jpg

see the rigth part of the photo,(real world of course)there is a "rumble section" that is more like a concrete to pass over, in gt looks diferent but follows the same idea that i am triying to explain if it is valid to pass over it in a hot lap, or is not valid the lap at all.

Attachments

• Imagen0294.jpg
    Imagen0294.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Imagen0295.jpg
    Imagen0295.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Imagen0296.jpg
    Imagen0296.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
@akiraacecombat : according to your photos, first one is not clean, the two others ok !

Here is my ghost data with amuse (sorry a little bit late I had to go out with clients) a not so fast 6'52.578 R3/R3

Can you guys, lion-face and lbsf1 watch it till the end ? Because I can !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D00.rar
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@akiraacecombat : according to your photos, first one is not clean, the two others ok !

Here is my ghost data with amuse (sorry a little bit late I had to go out with clients) a not so fast 6'52.578 R3/R3

Can you guys, lion-face and lsbf1 watch it till the end ? Because I can do it !

Yep I can watch it to the end. Nice driving.

Yep I can watch it to the end. Nice driving.

Good to know ! About that driving, I first ran 3 laps with S3 and went off-course at least once each time, it was late, pissed me off so I decided to run R3, one lap = this one ! So it looks awkward cause from S3 to R3 there is a huge difference so I have some odd corners (too shy because afraid she won't have enough grip whereas I could have pushed her more, and sometimes expected her to have more oversteer and drift a little but with R3... that's why it is an awkward lap ! with this car a descent lap would be a 6'4x.xxx)

A nice driving his lion-face's one with N3 and tap-tap-tap-tap-tap style ;) !

So lion-face, can you watch this lap from start to finish line too ?

You're kidding.

Why?

No, I'm not kidding...

Here is the thing : I was waiting for Glubags to see if he would host season 4, I proposed this challenge and he told me "I leave it in your hands". That same day, GTCr@zyPSP launched his challenge, Round 1, with the same track.

At that time he wanted to see how goes round 1 before going on with his challenges. So I asked him if I could open mine few days later whereas he was already hosting some challenges and -because we chose same track- we would be in "competition". Moreover my challenge is a three weeks consequently I would interfeer with his plans. He agreed without any condition !

So, I saw an opportunity here to thank him and have a practice round before April 17th...

I know you don't like low hp cars ;), I'm a little bit surprised why you look shocked... If you see his leaderboard, you'll see that run a faster than 1'43.5xx lap must not be that difficult ;) ...

a sloppy 7'48.xxx nurburgring ghost replay data... I'll try a 10'

Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
7'48.383
Professional, R1 / R1
I crashed at the end on purpose...

Can you see it ??? Still no problem for me... lion-face ???

EDIT :

And here is the 10'. Still no problem here...
BMW 2002 Turbo '73
10'01.793
Professional, N3 / N3

Wasn't that boring actually ;) !

So lion-face, "from testing and playing with GTPSP... ";) I don't know why you have a problem man... I'm still confused :confused:... What do you see when you watch my replays : a full lap ? Cause lsbf1 has no problem with the first one -I don't know about those two though... but I don't see why there would be any problem as long as I don't have any when watching them- ! Could you please let me know so that we can find a reason and a solution to your problem ? Thanks !

BTW : "fantôme" means "ghost"

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D01.rar
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D03.rar
    66.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sorry, I live in New Zealand so often when your posting, I'm sleeping...

As for your replays, I can view them just fine. So I assume it has to be the PSPGo that is the issue here. I will do a few laps with the DTM cars to see if a faster lap makes any difference.

Sorry, I live in New Zealand so often when your posting, I'm sleeping...

As for your replays, I can view them just fine. So I assume it has to be the PSPGo that is the issue here. I will do a few laps with the DTM cars to see if a faster lap makes any difference.

I'm already on it : find a PSPGo + EUR version of the game (cause yours should be an EUR version) but not easy here, most people have cracked psp 3000 -no UMD in China, no copyright and... well China ! Let's say that they have some freedom we don't and we have some they don't !

BTW, I'm living in China, so GMT+8, you are GMT+12 right ? ;)

EDIT :

[...]
I'm running the downloaded version of Gran Turismo on my PSPGo with the latest firmware. I also had the same issue when I was using the UMD GT on my PSP 3000 but have since sold that unit. PAL versions if that makes a difference...[...]

Friends in France have PSP 3000, EUR versions + UMD and no problem...

Last edited:
It hasn't started yet so I don't think so ;) ! I guess we'll see that from April 24th to May 8th ;) !

Last edited:
Back