FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
No surprise this is the Italian way...from draw to draw until the final Victory-in penalty shotout:indiff:

So, just over halfway through the first set of games and we have 17 joint-leading scorers, one of which is Own Goals...

^^ Klose missed a lot of chances too, he would be the top scorer if he was a little bit more precise.

People say its tradition, but aren't these horns, made in China and imported to Africa 5 years ago, a recent phenomena?

Singing has a longer tradition does it not?

Maybe these would have been more efffective if used politically protesting apartheid; imagine that sound outside a parliament building!

💡

I'll import vuvuzelas to Canada and sell them to political protestors; or hockey fans!

About Vuvuzelas:

6a00d8341c59aa53ef013484143d63970c-800wi

:lol::lol::lol:

Regarding the vuvuzela, they've already created a quieter 2nd version of it, using a modified mouthpiece.

Source!!

Also, imagine this.......blowing a vuvuzela into a megaphone!! :eek: I wonder if we can break 165Db?!

Allez la France !!! Allez le Japon !!! And lest go Argentina !!!
I see Argentina winner.
I love Messi. After Zidane, i love messi play. So Lest go Argentina.
I see the France lose in 1/4, they cant go most far.

For vuvuzela, it's the most awfull things i can hear in my life. It's ruinned my world cup too.
- "Arrêtez ce ****** de bruit de *****, on n'entend plus les supporters chanter".

Last edited:
You know what guys, I don't like it to much either but, considering the country, the struggles and the hardship that these people have endured, the heroic stories and the tragic, I can't help but think we should be celebrating it and not criticising.

So far I have been massively impressed by the stadia, the enthusiasm and the crowds. Not so many years ago a whole lot of 'merde' was going down that makes our lives look spoilt and laden with excesses of privilege, don't forget that.

The BBC ran a fantastic eye-opening feature after the Italy game which told the story of the Robben Island prison and the organised football league the prisoners played,..go look it up if you haven't seen it.

The Vuvuzela is a part of this World Cup and should be celebrated as such, if you don't like it - mute your tele or even go get one of those horns and use it. When people ask you why you are making that god infernal racket you tell them - with a smile.

If my ears are ringing at the end of the tournament It'll serve as a reminder of what has just been achieved. I bet the majority of South Africans are having the time of their lives and I don't think it's fair to begrudge them of that.

That's my opinion, for what it is worth.
Dan.

For S&G's just thought I'd share with the GTP community the USA vs. England scene as viewed at the Londoner in Addison, TX (outskirts of Dallas).

005hj.jpg

004kk.jpg

003jq.jpg

001pf.jpg

The bar was absolutely as packed as the law would allow, the local Fire Marshall is just to the left of the Police officer in the foreground of the outdoor shot. Note to friends, Fire Marshall's make immensely effective bouncers ;). In addition that pic was taken about 1 hr before match start and there was a good 60-70 people patiently waiting in line, all in intense Texas 95-ish degF heat, hoping to eventually make it inside.

And if it seems like the crowd was mostly comprised of English supporters, well that would be absolutely correct :lol:. However the few of us Yanks in attendance did our darndest to show well, and I think we mostly succeeded, as there weren't any serious altercations that I noticed :D.

In all seriousness, it was good fun. This kind of good natured and competitive, yet still very intense, atmosphere is hard to come by in these parts.

Looks like it was fun.

I just called a friend to see where he would watch Brazil's match tomorrow afternoon, turns out he's staying at his restaurant to watch it with his employees and any customers who decide to show up. Guess I'll be going there too, it would be boring to watch it alone at home or at a bar without friends.

I'm sure Blitz will be made up with both the goals by Liverpool players, unfortunately for Denmark Daniel Agger's was in the wrong net!

Yup :) I thought they played a bit nervous and unsteady the 1st half, but second half was a lot better for Holland... The young players definitely made the difference (Elia, Affelay) when they came in.... Just goes to show you how bad Holland needs a winger that can make things happen like Robben.... Elia is the best replacement imo and he should be starting the next match if I were coach... His first touch was AWESOME... and he had a couple of good rushes towards the goal after... 👍 Next stop... Japan!!!

The Vuvuzela is a part of this World Cup
I agree, but I do wonder about the prospect of them catching on elsewhere after the World Cup - at Premiership games for example. If that happens, I foresee a swift increase in the number of people being admitted to hospital in urgent need of a rectal vuvuzelaectomy.

I agree, but I do wonder about the prospect of them catching on elsewhere after the World Cup - at Premiership games for example. If that happens, I foresee a swift increase in the number of people being admitted to hospital in urgent need of a rectal vuvuzelaectomy.

Doctor, the patient in convulsing! BZZBZZBZZBZZBZZ

Charge the defibrilator! Bzz... Bzz... Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
OH NO WE LOST HIM!

True.

Doctor, the patient in convulsing! BZZBZZBZZBZZBZZ

Charge the defibrilator! Bzz... Bzz... Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
OH NO WE LOST HIM!

:lol:

So, today's predictions:

New Zealand 1 x 1 Slovakia
Portugal 2 x 0 Ivory Coast
Brazil 6 x 0 North Korea

:D

Fastas;3887869]The Vuvuzela is a part of this World Cup and should be celebrated as such, if you don't like it - mute your tele or even go get one of those horns and use it. When people ask you why you are making that god infernal racket you tell them - with a smile.
You're not alone in this one Dan:

And they can be quite usefull too:

http://www.jokes24.co.za/more/45920_The-right-way-to-use-a-vuvuzela.htm

:)

FORÇA PORTUGAL

So, today's predictions:

New Zealand 1 x 1 Slovakia
Portugal 2 x 0 Ivory Coast
Brazil 6 x 0 North Korea

:D

Whoa!

I voted for 0-0 New Zealand vs Slovakia, 1-1 Portugal and Ivory Coast (Although I reckon Portugal as the winner of this match, I've bet in a tie, just as a lucky guess) and 3-0 Brazil and Evil Korea.

Felipe Melo will be playing, so we're starting the match with only ten players, 3-0 is a decent result considering this factor. :lol:

Whoa!

I voted for 0-0 New Zealand vs Slovakia, 1-1 Portugal and Ivory Coast (Although I reckon Portugal as the winner of this match, I've bet in a tie, just as a lucky guess) and 3-0 Brazil and Evil Korea.

Felipe Melo will be playing, so we're starting the match with only ten players, 3-0 is a decent result considering this factor. :lol:
Yeah, but it is North Korea we're talking here. We've got to score at least one more goal than Germany scored against Australia.

New Zealand 2-3 Slovakia
Portugal 3-2 Ivory Coast
Brazil 8 - 0 N.Korea
That's the spirit! :lol:👍

Wouldnt it be funny if North Korea actually own tonight against Brazil. I mean no one knows the team and they're flying in Chinese fans to cheer for them since the people of North Korea cannot travel... So who knows.... Maybe theyve secretly been training for months and months..... I highly doubt it though in the end and I also cant wait to see if Andriano is going to play.... I was a huge fan of his in his good days at Inter, so itching to see how he plays now after being in Brazil for a while...

Back