Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
right, but Wingu hasn't been around the past couple days...right when Kaz reacted to the Sony Info leak.

So what you're saying is that wingu = Kaz?
I don't follow this thread closely since the translations will most likely be more confusing than anything. I just pop in once in a while to see if anything big came up. I did notice wingu has been away for a bit.

Hey everyone on GTP. I've been lurking around these forums ever since the announcement at E3, but I thought I'd register and give translating the tweets a shot since it seems Wingu isn't around right now.

ありがとうございます。RT @gtkings_drier: @Kaz_Yamauchi : twitterでは、山内さんに会えてうれしんだな
Thank you very much. RT @gtkings_drier: @Kaz_Yamauchi : I'm glad to be able to meet you on twitter.

There's a bit of broken Japanese on gtkings_drier's tweet. Not a native speaker?

ネットではすれ違いがブーストされますね。まあ、誤報にせよ憶測、噂にせよ、それが語られるのは幸せなことですが。RT @daisukeazaoi: @Kaz_Yamauchi大きい組織であればあるほど単純な話の食い違いは伝言ゲー ムさながらに面倒くさい事態になりますよね。お疲れ様です。
Through the internet the disputed points have been spreading ("boosting"), huh. Well, be it a mistaken report, speculation, or be it rumour, being able to talk about them is a good thing. RT @daisukeazaoi: @Kaz_Yamauchi If it's a large organisation a simple act of miscommunication can easily turn into a "rumour game"-like troublesome issue, doesn't it. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Thanks for the translation serados 👍 and yeah he is not a native speaker. I am really wondering how Kaz reacts about the tremendous discussion on Premium/Standard models.

wingu can you translate this to jp?

"will "standard cars" in gt5 have interior view?"

then jordan can tweet it again to kaz :)

プレミアムクラスカーでは、インテリアが再現されてますが、スタンダードクラスカーはどうでしょうか?

Translation: The interior view for Premium cars will be in the game, but what about the standard cars?

Last edited:
right, but Wingu hasn't been around the past couple days...right when Kaz reacted to the Sony Info leak.

I'm here. It's just that:
1. I live in a different time zone than you and
2. I work :P

And wtf, I'm not Kaz >_>
I'm a Swede... Half-japanese, but still a Swede!

And hey Serados! Welcome aboard the translation team... XD

Last edited:
I went to read some of KY's tweets and there were some interesting responses.

天候の変化とか、もしGT5で出来たらいいですね。RT @Tak_Sugaya: @Kaz_Yamauchi GT5とても楽しみにしてます!開発ラストスパート頑張って下さい!ところで、今回は時間経過の概念があるようですが、天候変化の概念はあるんですか?
It'd be great if weather changes could make it into GT5. RT @Tak_Sugaya: @Kaz_Yamauchi I'm eagerly awaiting GT5! Good luck for the final stretch! By the way, this time round it looks like the concept of time transition is in the game, but what about the concept of weather changes?

UKでいろいろ混乱した情報が出てますが、E3では何も約束してないんですよね。あの記事はSCEEのマーケが作ったものですが理解に苦しみます。RT @esegk: この発言、どう深読みすべきか… RT @Kaz_Yamauchi: 天候の変化とか、もしGT5で出来たらいいですね。
There's been a lot of confusing information coming out in the UK, but I haven't promised anything at E3, right? That article may be written by SCEE's marketing division but I can't believe (they did it).

吉田さんはPS全般のことは話せるけど、タイトル個々の事情については、詳細はわからないから、それぞれの制作担当者に確認した上で記事に挿入して欲しいというお願いをしていたんです。でも、それがなされなかったようですね。
Mr Yoshida can speak about all the Playstation Gran Turismos, but he's not too clear with regard to each title's specifics, so I had requested that he seek confirmation with the various production representatives before information was included in the article. However, it seems that he did not do so.

Yeah I would not wonder if Kaz delays the game after this babys like crying about "premium & standard" and now this leaked info and people cryed about "WTH go kart are we going to play mario kart" and that stunt feature they cry about... And if it get´s delayed for 1 year, everybody will cry, included me...

Yeah I would not wonder if Kaz delays the game after this babys like crying about "premium & standard" and now this leaked info and people cryed about "WTH go kart are we going to play mario kart" and that stunt feature they cry about... And if it get´s delayed for 1 year, everybody will cry, included me...

99,69% of the feedback has certainly (assumption) been positive (=people being amazed).

You really think they would risk getting 30% negative feedback for a real DELAY? (ok, there was one for JP) Hardly imo.

I went to read some of KY's tweets and there were some interesting responses.

It'd be great if weather changes could make it into GT5. RT @Tak_Sugaya: @Kaz_Yamauchi I'm eagerly awaiting GT5! Good luck for the final stretch! By the way, this time round it looks like the concept of time transition is in the game, but what about the concept of weather changes?

There's been a lot of confusing information coming out in the UK, but I haven't promised anything at E3, right? That article may be written by SCEE's marketing division but I can't believe (they did it).

Mr Yoshida can speak about all the Playstation Gran Turismos, but he's not too clear with regard to each title's specifics, so I had requested that he seek confirmation with the various production representatives before information was included in the article. However, it seems that he did not do so.

So...Kaz WANTS weather changes to be in the game, and, he's not confirming or denying that what Yoshida said was true, just that he wanted Yoshida to confirm information with Polyphony.

I love how in the later tweets he basically voids what Yoshida said, and, again, trying to say that it may or may not be true.

Sounds to me like all of those features that were recently announced will NOT be in the final game. I mean, Kaz is basically saying that Yoshida doesn't know what he's talking about. But then again... I don't know.

These tweets are very confusing and contradictory!

To me it's sounds like he was trying to clean up Yoshida's mess. In the later tweets it sounds more like "What Yoshida said may or may not be accurate, but you'll have to wait to find out." He never actually comes right out and says "It's false information" he says it COULD BE, but never admits it is. And it would more seem that the information is inaccurate. Like there may be a "stunt arena" but it's more like a "playground" area like in FM3. Or something like that. But I think it's more: "Maybe it's in, maybe not. You'll have to wait to find out."

I hate not knowing, it's killing me. Just want to know if weather will be in 100% that's all. Could wait til Gamescom but then there's the possibility of it being saved for TGS.

Thank you very much to the translators around. We definately need you guys 👍

It´s a shame KAZ´s recent tweets only left me more confused. I guess he chose that because he doesn´t want to confirm anything before gamescon.

If something isn't in the game, he would say so outright, the fact he's beating about the bush means it's in there in some form

If something isn't in the game, he would say so outright, the fact he's beating about the bush means it's in there in some form

I would agree with that, But, I think Kaz has done an excellent job at making Yoshida look like an idiot who can't follow instructions and not actually confirming anything.

serados et al: thanks for the translations in your spare time! The tweets have been a fun way to exercise my Japanese reading comprehension, and reading other, more proficient speakers' translations/ideas has been very helpful to me in that regard. Also, the information is good, too!

I think all of the information revealed by Shuhei Yoshida is 100% accurate - the only problem is that I think he wasn't supposed to talk about it yet.

Kaz wanted to surprise GT fans with this info and he was planning to spread it out between the Gamescom in August and then finally, the full reveal at the TGS in September [hence, why he deliberately didn't mention all of the GT5 features at E3 - and yet we know for a fact that there is more to be revealed soon].

Remember this - Shuhei Yoshida is the President of Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios; a position that would surely allow him access to all of Sony's global studios and third-party publishers current game features.

He wouldn't be where he is today if he made blunders and misleading statements about Sony's own mega titles like Gran Turismo 5.

He jumped the gun, literally and Kaz is irritated about it - but yet, he won't talk more about it. He should just confirm or deny these features outright just to set the record straight with the fans. :sly:

I think all of the information revealed by Shuhei Yoshida is 100% accurate - the only problem is that I think he wasn't supposed to talk about it yet.

Kaz wanted to surprise GT fans with this info and he was planning to spread it out between the Gamescom in August and then finally, the full reveal at the TGS in September [hence, why he deliberately didn't mention all of the GT5 features at E3 - and yet we know for a fact that there is more to be revealed soon].

Remember this - Shuhei Yoshida is the President of Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios; a position that would surely allow him access to all of Sony's global studios and third-party publishers current game features.

He wouldn't be where he is today if he made blunders and misleading statements about Sony's own mega titles like Gran Turismo 5.

He jumped the gun, literally and Kaz is irritated about it - but yet, he won't talk more about it. He should just confirm or deny these features outright just to set the record straight with the fans. :sly:

To be honest, I've never heard of him before so him slipping up once and us finally hearing it wouldn't be surprising. Also, it's not like only intelligent people become upper officers in large companies.

More respect for Yoshida, please. He's a very good guy at that position. He started the ICO project and recruited Fumito Ueda. Funnily enough, Ueda is even more of a perfectionist than Kaz...

I respect the guy, but, he did kind of ignore Kaz's request to confirm information and features with him and spewed out a BIG chunk of information. So...it's an OOPS moment, but stuff like that happens a lot.

Could just as well be politics. You know how Kaz is. A new feature must be perfect before it is included. Maybe Yoshida wanted to push him a bit. People at these positions usually only talk when they want to accomplish something. They don't brag like a 12 year old just because they have heard some information.

To be honest, I've never heard of him before so him slipping up once and us finally hearing it wouldn't be surprising. Also, it's not like only intelligent people become upper officers in large companies.

Here is his official job description:

"A veteran of Sony Computer Entertainment since 1993, Shuhei Yoshida is the President of SCE WWS (appointed May 2008.) In this role, he leads and directs the development of SCE's internal studios across the globe."

Did you catch that last part? "In this role, he leads and directs the development of SCE's internal studios across the globe."

Sounds like someone who knows what they are talking about. :sly:

Here is his official job description:

"A veteran of Sony Computer Entertainment since 1993, Shuhei Yoshida is the President of SCE WWS (appointed May 2008.) In this role, he leads and directs the development of SCE's internal studios across the globe."

Did you catch that last part? "In this role, he leads and directs the development of SCE's internal studios across the globe."

Sounds like someone who knows what they are talking about. :sly:
Because he has a fancy title?
All I know about him is that he pissed off one of the big heads at SONY and according to some sources, his boss at PD.

Back