Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
Just to add to more of the confusion, this screen shot is from the E3 trailer. Firstly, there seems to be no doubt that SSR5 is returning & is revised somewhat, but that somewhat shouldn't be associated with all screen shots.

This tunnel if associated with SSR5 first turn, would be greatly lengthened from what currently is with the GT4 version, which has a quick turn to the right, then a long sweeping turn to the left.

Also notice things such as the guardrail missing on the first shot & other differences. I don't think it can be associated with the tunnel at the short dip under the main straightaway.

New tunnel, possibly not SSR5. Another Track
picture.php
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all this info put together, plus the picture, sounds like Red Rock Valley Speedway's tunnel.
I might be getting my hopes up, but this might be confirmation (*MIGHT*) that RRVS is indeed remade for GT5.👍:)
If it is indeed in there on launch day, I might go full bore into the wall in celebration:cheers:

By the way, this might be a noob question or not, but is SSR16 the GT3 or GT1 track?

Unfortunately SSR16 does not exist, the members of this board have simply combined SSR5 and SSR11, dubbing it SSR16 (5+11=16).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all this info put together, plus the picture, sounds like Red Rock Valley Speedway's tunnel.
I might be getting my hopes up, but this might be confirmation (*MIGHT*) that RRVS is indeed remade for GT5.👍:)
If it is indeed in there on launch day, I might go full bore into the wall in celebration:cheers:
It seems to me the new tunnel at the overpass of SSR5.

Looks like SSR11 to me, but with a redesigned environment. If you look at :28 when he goes into the tunnel that is IMO unmistakably the first right then left going into the tunnel.

Also remember these.
gt5nightracing.jpg

gt5screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
-> ...
Just to add to more of the confusion, this screen shot is from the E3 trailer. Firstly, there seems to be no doubt that SSR5 is returning & is revised somewhat, but that somewhat shouldn't be associated with all screen shots.

This tunnel if associated with SSR5 first turn, would be greatly lengthened from what currently is with the GT4 version, which has a quick turn to the right, then a long sweeping turn to the left.

Also notice things such as the guardrail missing on the first shot & other differences. I don't think it can be associated with the tunnel at the short dip under the main straightaway.

New tunnel, possibly not SSR5. Another Track

:)
^ Um, I discussed this on the Master Track List thread. But this IS SSR5's new underpass structure:

21edit.jpg

user30043_pic13433_1279429463edit.jpg

user30043_pic13449_1279631643edit.jpg

^ Yup it took some time to explain it all (2 pages worth). But it was worth it. :)

BUMP-> With all the hype of waiting for Spa to be confirmed. And now Complex String & Grindelwald gets into the mix, would you think that SSR11 chances to be in GT5 increases?

👍 Good analysis Vanishing Boy.

Maybe I'm simplifying things too much, but I imagine if PD is doing SSR5, 11 wouldn't be too far behind. My reasoning behind this is that the Special Stage courses have always seemed quicker to model than others, mainly because the guardrails restrict the player's view to the ground and therefore PD doesn't need to model the bottoms of buildings, trees, etc.

Gran turismo 3 videos. It's clearly the same track that was seen in the screenshot (In the first page), no doubt about it. That's just my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4hbv_Gx4XM

Look around :50 seconds, The biuldings on the right, and the garden on the left. The screenshot is the updated GT5 version, it the plants on the left, and more trees surrounding the area. What you thought they would take it straight from GT3 and not work/update it?

Discussed before. The layout there doesn't correspond to any part of that track in GT3 or GT1 while it does look like it could be the second corner chicane sequence of SSR5 reverse. See post #26. Yes the scenery doesn't match but it could be a redesign as mentioned in the post. It's not definitely SSR11 and if not it's definitely not SSR11. November 2nd we'll know.

picture.php

Definitely has a lot of similarity to the tunnel in Red Rock Valley Speedway.:)

Watch this video starting at 1:15 or so.

Edit: The embed code is being difficult. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Pe6uEtCgM

-> :indiff:
Definitely has a lot of similarity to the tunnel in Red Rock Valley Speedway.:)
^ In the much remembered Red Rock Valley Speedway, I don't recall a gradual dip towards the underpass. In fact, RRVS doesn't have and 'dips'! RRVS only posseses sweeping corners and NASCAR-like banked corners. ;)

-> It is still SSR5:

21edit.jpg

user30043_pic13449_1279631643edit.jpg

I agree with TVB.
The GT4 screens on this thread and the Master Track List thread are proving it.
Now if someone could do some other shots from GT4 that are the same angles as the GT5 pics, that would put an end to the discussion.

I love theories and I can't wait to see it properly or even better play it :D

-> :indiff:

^ In the much remembered Red Rock Valley Speedway, I don't recall a gradual dip towards the underpass. In fact, RRVS doesn't have and 'dips'! RRVS only posseses sweeping corners and NASCAR-like banked corners. ;)

-> It is still SSR5:

Yea, if you go back to the beginning of this thread I was the original person debating with Famine that it was SSR5. ;)

However, the tunnel in that pic looked too long to be the one you are describing on the "New" SSR5. So, I thought it had a possibility of it being another track. But your point about the dip in the middle holds a lot of merit. 👍

(I guess I should have elaborated better in my previous post)

Last edited:
I just read the whole thing.
SSR11 was my favourite track in GT1, also the GT3 was cool but I loved the 'death chicane' as someone here called it :P

Cannot understand why Polyphony removes tracks, in GT4 we didn't get Red Rock Valley, Complex String, R11.
Quite a bummer, I actually would have preferred R5 to be removed than R11.

I'm hoping that GT5 feature a new Special Stage track, and if indeed R11 is not in GT5 that PD would listen to the people in this forum and incorporate R11 or a some sort of mix (sort of like the 24-hr Rennen track) combining R5 with R11 as previously stated.

I also loved Red Rock Valley, and why the heck did PD removed also the GT90 CAR! Well this is going off-topic.
But amazing job connecting R5 and R11. Looking forward to know more.
Bummer I would not get GT5 on launch date, I don't even own a PS3.

-> ...
Yea, if you go back to the beginning of this thread I was the original person debating with Famine that it was SSR5. ;)

However, the tunnel in that pic looked too long to be the one you are describing on the "New" SSR5. So, I thought it had a possibility of it being another track. But your point about the dip in the middle holds a lot of merit. 👍

(I guess I should have elaborated better in my previous post)
^ I was too late to join in the debate. :indiff:

-> Because I was busy on other threads.

Latest Posts

Back