GT5 Tsukuba Super Lap Battle (Updated 13 December 2010)

• Thread starter balang_479
  • 290 comments
I personally dropped from a 53.7 to a 49.7 from adding on driver aids. My arms and legs are no match for a computer in terms of outright precision for controlling an 800+ hp monster.

I personally dropped from a 53.7 to a 49.7 from adding on driver aids. My arms and legs are no match for a computer in terms of outright precision for controlling an 800+ hp monster.

Well i'll certainly give it a try.. im currently sitting way of the pace!

Really? i would have thought more time came from taking them off?

I thought so too. I only tried it because people were doing fast times with it and It was impossible without. The game makes the car drive all funny with them on. Like super extra grip. Traction control works normal, but the other stuff is crazy.

And yes that's with sports soft

Make it like the real one in what way? There ARE exotics in the actual event including cars from Lotus and Ferrari.

reading through the posts, there should be a strict rule in place:
Steering: professional (only)
All aids off, ABS-1 ok.

Maybe even have a diff category for racing wheels vs controller.
As controller is easier/faster :P

After some intense training(peek at the signature, lol) to polish my skills, tuning knowledge, and somehow becoming more of a man I've decided to let the R8 have another go.

Second lap in after a 5 second suspension tune...

Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI Quattro

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    160.8 KB · Views: 24

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR v-spec
Lap time: 57.302
Tyres: Sports soft
All Assist Off,abs on, tsc 5
Grip Reduction: Real

Last edited:
The lap times currently posted on the first post are done without aids.

The new R8 time was done with only ABS and REAL off track

1:07.170
Xouved
Fiat Panda Super I.E '90
FF, Turbocharged

I used TCS and ABS at 1, with sports softs.

:P, it's a slow time I did two laps.

Nissan S15 silvia
Lap time: 0:59.677
Tyres: Sports soft
All Assist Off,abs 1, tsc 5
Grip Reduction: Real

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it in the 13 pages of this thread but are we doing the rolling start that practice mode automatically does or are we getting up to the line and going from a stop?

I've updated nearly all the times apart from a few.

TommySalami, can you confirm that it was done without ASM and Skid Recovery?
Same goes for etiko87, a replay needs to be supplied aswell.

I think there needs to be a way of confirming what driving options were used, i wish this information was given during replays.

People here it is my own personal record, it was done only with a TCS-5 and ABS-1, Manual shift and a Sony gamepad. rest of all settings its off! hope its great result! will be wait feedback

Attachments

• etiko87 Record tsukuba.zip
    157.9 KB · Views: 10
56.123 - siffin_nz - Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type-A (FD-gen) '02
update to 55.834

New times:
Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) '04 RM - 58.588
HKS CT230R - 55.503
Murcielago LP670-4 SV - 54.396
GTR SpecV '09 - 52.101

All cars, ABS 1, TCS off, Grip - Real.
G25

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R specV'09

will submit replay as soon as i know how to get it out of my PS3 lol :D

To export a replay data you must have a USB drive. Files are generally 313kb and less when zipped.

Steps:
1. Drive in practice mode finishing at least one lap. Quit the session to return to practice mode menu.

2. Save ghost of fastest lap

3. Exit practice mode and return to the GTLIFE menu. On the set of left icons there is a REPLAY THEATER. Enter the REPLAY THEATER.

4. You will now have access to your saved replay data which include your most recent fast laps and/or races. Select the file you wish to upload.

5. A number of options come up such as play, delete, data logger, and most importantly for this, EXPORT TO SAVED DATA UTILITY. Select EXPORT TO SAVED DATA UTILITY and save the file. A new file will be created on your PS3.

6. Exit Gran Turismo 5 and return to the XMB menu. Under the GAMES category search for SAVED DATA UTILITY(PS3). You will see your GT5 save data which consists of your career and arcade data and a separate file labeled the REPLAY DATA. With your USB Drive inserted in to the PS3 select the replay data and "copy" to the USB drive.

7. Remove your USB drive and go to your computer. Watch some pron.

8. Open the USB drive and there will now be a PS3 folder. Take that folder and use winzip, winrar, or any other compression program and compress it.

9. Upload on to you're post by replying to a thread in "advanced mode" where a manage attachments tab will be located at the bottom of your screen. "Browse" to find your PS3 Zip folder and then click "upload". Let the upload finish and then continue with your thread post.

To view data on your PS3 you essentially do the above steps in reverse order. There will be an IMPORT SAVED DATA in the replay theater. You'll be importing files so that's the button you want to use. The Replay Data will now be available for viewing in your list of saved replay files.

Here you go from another post I made in another thread.

My best time in Tsukuba Circuit...

GT-R Spec V '09

i-75.jpg

I'll say this for Balang's sake.

You're going to need a REPLAY as per rules in the original post. Pictures do not fulfill the requirements because any means necessary may have been used to gain times such as SRF.

Back