Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Very nice Lambo. As others have said, the colour suits the car well. And it suits the track as well. So I'm looking forward to your coming work. 👍

First of all, you chose a good combination of car and location. One of the things I like about this picture is the depth of field, which is being supported by the tunnel itself - but this would not be possible without positioning the car well. The focus is good, and I see that you put a lot of effort into highlighting the proportions and edges of the car by carving out the reflections. Now, speaking of those, I see what you tried to do, and how you tried to achieve it, but there is something that I would change (this is something I do not say often to you, Moglet ;)): I would make the transitions of the colours smoother (more precisely, under the white line (light) on the right door of the car & left to the right headlight of the car). The car looks realistic, and one of the reasons for this are the very well highlighted headlights and the small but perceptive reflections on the edges of the car. The saturation is fine, as is the sharpness of the picture. The road looks good, but the blur effect on it near the contemplator could be weaker, which would further improve the depth of field.

Last edited:
Hail to the King !! What a view you show us here Mog!! Both car and background are stunning!! Quite realistic too!! The Lambo goes well in grey indeed, and you show that quite well! Kudos to those reflections too, great detail :)

Top work 👍

Just spent the last half hour or so looking through your photos mate and some truly remarkable shots. Stunning gallery is all i can say, lost for words :lol:. I hope i can get even remotely close to your standards someday. Keep up the good work 👍

Contests & Tournaments

Tournament Entries & Rejects

Qualifier Entry

'Seasonals' - Round 1 Entry

'Sightseeing' - Round 2 Reject

Round 2 Entry

2.0 Advanced Week 43 Reject

2.0 Advanced Week 43 Entry

CCCL Week 28 Reject

CCCL Week 28 Entry

I'll agree with what Primus said, and I could add that I prefer your CCCL reject more than the chosen entry. 👍

Your tournament entries are amazing 👍 I think your 2.0 and CCCL rejects are a little stronger than your actual entries. I love the sense of action in the 2.0 reject 👍 great work

Awesome pictures and rejects! :drool:👍

Really surprised your CCCL Entry doesn't do better. And about the round 2 picture, well, lets not talk about that.:P

:lol: Are you saying Mog's photos are antiquated NTX? :D
Very nice work, your comp entries deserve more votes. And congrats on making the semi's, I wish you well. :)

Tournament Final Rejects & Nurburgring Sunrise

It looks like I'm destined for the silver finish in the tournament, so here are some of the rejects! I sort of wish I'd have chosen one of these instead but it's a bit late for that! :lol:

Also included is a random shot using the new GTR and my latest 2.0 entries :)

As always, click any image to enlarge it to full size.

Reject 1:

Reject 2:

2.0 Advanced Week 45 Entry:

2.0 Advanced Week 46 Entry:

GTR:

Let me know what you think! 👍

2nd in the Tournament is a very good achievement (but it's not first I know). I do think you picked your best shot for the final round however. I really like your reject #1 but for some reason my eye gets dragged up to the motion blurred tree at the top of the image. Reject #2 though a great photo is not as good imho as your entry. Your Week 45 2.0 entry is worthy of more votes but may not have captured the theme as well as it could have. The Week 46 entry is fantastic and the GT-R shot is awesome. 👍 :)

Great pics as always Mogsie, I love your tournament qualifier the colour and tones are perfect and I agree with Nato I think you picked the best pic for the final. I know how you feel about finishing second I wish I chose another pic in my final too :lol:

That final entry is the 2.0 is great 👍

I love the Lfa shots but that Gt-r shot is totally epic!

Thanks! I love that car, it has so many lights on the front, night shots will be amazing with it!

2nd in the Tournament is a very good achievement (but it's not first I know). I do think you picked your best shot for the final round however. I really like your reject #1 but for some reason my eye gets dragged up to the motion blurred tree at the top of the image. Reject #2 though a great photo is not as good imho as your entry. Your Week 45 2.0 entry is worthy of more votes but may not have captured the theme as well as it could have. The Week 46 entry is fantastic and the GT-R shot is awesome. 👍 :)

You hit the nail on the head with reject 1. My eye too was being drawn upwards to the blurred trees and it was simply too distracting for a final spot! Thanks for your feedback :)

Great pics as always Mogsie, I love your tournament qualifier the colour and tones are perfect and I agree with Nato I think you picked the best pic for the final. I know how you feel about finishing second I wish I chose another pic in my final too :lol:

That final entry is the 2.0 is great 👍

Thanks for all of your feedback, it's good to hear that people think I picked the right image!

Well done on the second place :)

Personally I prefer your Reject 1 shot to your entry and your GT-R shot is just epic 👍

Thanks! I really can't complain about getting the silver place as I was up against some amazingly tough competition!

"Rejects" :lol:

I would've totally picked them. Would be glad to create such a quality.

Wow, thanks for your kind words! 👍 I really liked all of my final shots, including the 'rejects' and it was tough to cut them down but it had to be done!

Great work here, I really like how you edit your shots. I agree with yourself and Nato about reject number 1, but I love the second reject 👍 And your GT-R shot :embarrassed: That is amazing! Fantastic shooting once again

Great work here, I really like how you edit your shots. I agree with yourself and Nato about reject number 1, but I love the second reject 👍 And your GT-R shot :embarrassed: That is amazing! Fantastic shooting once again

Thanks soloracer! I actually have a 3rd reject similar to the 2nd one that never made it but I'm hoping to save that for future contests :P

That's right, I've just launched a new gallery! Started purely for photos from Forza Motorsport 4, I'll be updating the new gallery separately to my current one. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here but if you have a Forza Planet account please use that instead!

Just click the logo at the top to visit the gallery.

What font is that for your logo? I love it.

It's 'Licking Drops'

Cool LFA shots!

Thanks!

For anyone wondering why I've not been around since the end of October, here's why:

20111119114035.jpg

The house on the left now belongs to me and my girlfriend! :D We moved in last weekend and we've got a fair bit of stuff in here now. The kitchen is finished but the other rooms are still waiting on various bits of furniture to finish them off. We've got internet access though, and at good speeds too.

1691027016.png

Here are some random photos for you, including my new TV which I'm madly in love with :lol:

kitchenba.jpg

bedroomvs.jpg

tv1l.jpg

So there you have it. I'll be updating once again very soon. 👍

Latest Posts

Back