Sprite's Gallery Ferrari - 30.11.2012

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 289 comments
I adore that panorama! :drool:

Is it one wide angle and then multiple shots stitched together?

Fantastic work by the way, I've been drooling over many of your competition entries 👍

Thanks Bram, the panorama is 5 shots 100mm focal length, the wider the shot the more difficult it is to stick together.

GPR
Nice work Sprite, your last post is really good. I love the panorma, nice tones and compositon. And the 70's delight set is great, love the tones and the close ups are bellisimo! 👍

Cheers GPR

I love the last two shots.

Thanks TVR, I had a really hard time over choosing a shot for the comp, the macro shots of the rear vents seemed to be good choice, but after deliberation I chose a more conventional shot.

Very beautiful shots in the last set, the orange Ferrari with the warm tone is jaw dropping! And I think I'm gonna try a panorama soon, haven't done anything this gen. ;) Any tips on how to do it?

Many thanks CF, you should give a panorama a try, much easier this time around because you can lock the exposure so all the shots are the same and the flexibility of the camera is nice. I may thow up a tutorial on how I did it.

Whoahhh, that 2nd 512BB shot is amazing!

Thank you GP 👍

Many thanks Mac K, I have a hard time the colours of images as I'm full colour blind so sometimes the colours will look off but it seems I have hits the nail on the head this time.

Sweet stuff man, I especially like the wedsport ones. the sharp lime and blue car looks great against the soft natural colors.

Sweet stuff man, I especially like the wedsport ones. the sharp lime and blue car looks great against the soft natural colors.

I need to do some more JGTC cars as the details is overboard and can look extreamly real if done well.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Looking through this gallery again, I just LOVE the 'mood' you are able to give your shots. The way you use colors is very distinctive but not fake-looking. And I didn't know you were colorblind, wow!

The "70's Delight" set is very nice.

Great tones and nice detail pics of the Ferrari. 👍

Looking through this gallery again, I just LOVE the 'mood' you are able to give your shots. The way you use colors is very distinctive but not fake-looking. And I didn't know you were colorblind, wow!

The "70's Delight" set is very nice.

Great tones and nice detail pics of the Ferrari. 👍

Thanks guys, yeh I'm full colourblind I was check from a young age as I used to colour all my pictures when I was a kid in weird colours, sky purple, tree trunks red or green :)

These last updates are just phenomenal, you are really making a name for yourself as one of the best around here! Keep up the great work!

These last updates are just phenomenal, you are really making a name for yourself as one of the best around here! Keep up the great work!

Cheers RG means allot coming from you. 👍

New Update time, some rejected shots from the Week 9 2.0 advanced competition. I don't think I will be making the cut this week as the effort and skill on display is outstanding and I feel I may have fallen short. But I will be still giving at bash.

This week I have decided to either try lack of colour or boosted colour because the cars themselves are just like that, they are either brash and mental or subdued as they ferry the children to school.

Enjoy.

Great stuff man, you could enter them all if you weren't limited to one! ;)

Thanks Sejtur. 👍

Awesome set Sprite! Espcially the last one :D

Cheers, I particually like the way the GT5 DSLR creates bokh effect, it looks like an oil painting.

SVX
Fantastic photos, Sprite! All of them look amazing.

Thanks SVX, it was a hard week this week as I couldn't draw inspiration at first and then as I started to shoot images then the colours and themes followed suit.

First up three shots from the Lancia, a crazy little car with a growl like no other.

and to finish some rejects from this weeks 2.0 advanced competition. I have gone all X-process on these images.

Just In F40 at the green Hell HDR

Last edited:
Very sharp work Sprite. The First Lancia shot is my favourite, but all of the shots great!

They are all amazing, I must say. I really love your style of composing and editing, pretty soft tones. My favorite has to be the second of the Lancia, it looks amazing and quite detailed. I would love to own this car. :drool:

Simply amazing...how the hell can I hope to share forum space with people as talented as you??

The Integrale shots rock, love the softness you've got going on, and I love the 'hazy' feel of the Boxer :)

Nice set :) The first two Lancia shots are great. The cyan tones on the Civic set are a bit too strong for my liking, but some great angles and compositions there.
The standout is the bonus F40 HDR - it's so detailed and clean, lovely work :)

Thanks guys, sorry I haven't posted any replies yet. Also appologies for the one reply to many great and very welcome comments.

I look forward to doing a shoot for this weeks 2.0 Advanced comp.

I'm back after a tortuous week of rubbish internet speeds and no spare time. But I have a small collection of rejects from 2.0 Adv competition for your consumption, plus a bonus HDR shot of the F40 again from a collection of shots at the Green Hell.

Enjoy :)

I love your style of pictures, your gallery as well as other people's galleries inspire me to make my own. Too bad I don't have the patience to take such amazing shots. 👍
P.S. Did you ever find the name of the paint on your Lamborghini? I NEED that paint! :drool:

Back