Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Haha now it's my turn to be flattered. As I've seen the amount of pillars and foliage that could be in the reflections first hand, I know how much work this was. You went way beyond just cleaning up and created a beauty shot worthy of Ferrari's cataloges.
Good job!

I'm still figuring out what to do next. Maybe I'll take the Enzo out for a spin.

P.S. I always wished they would let us use the spinning garage view as a photo location, with the fog and stuff in the back.

Rev, thanks for the mention, but it was a well-deserved gift.

I'm thrilled that used the car to come up with something so fantastic. Gorgeous picture of a gorgeous car. Love the reflection right at the nose of the car. The sheen is spectacular.

Simply amazing. Without seeing the original, I would never able to figure out how you do this. Great job 👍

Benmastaw00t - Thank you! Mmm, the Eiger tunnel is great for studio style shots, dark and moody with those bright, lit up windows creating those pin sharp reflections. I'd love to see what you can come up with for a studio-style shot!
MiniMarco - It was a fair amount of work, but interestingly enough most of the work went into smoothing the textures on the Enzo! The fairly heavy curves adjustment to make those highlights pop brought out the horrible JPEG artefacts in that red paint, requiring a *lot* of smoothing and airbrushing. :P And yes! Using the actual studio for shots would be great. ... GT6 maybe? :dunce:
sems4arsenal - Hahaha, if only! :D
scuudz - No problem! Thank you again :) It is a wonderful car, so dramatic looking.
SVX - Thanks :) Any plans to join us in GT5 soon? :dopey:
franz - Thanks franz :) Means a lot coming from you! I remember you did something similar back in the GT4 days though... with a Chevrolet SSR truck?
s12ken - Thank you :)
sejtur - Hehehe, thanks Sej! :P Glad you like it!

Thanks franz :) Means a lot coming from you! I remember you did something similar back in the GT4 days though... with a Chevrolet SSR truck?

Hehe... you remember the Silverado Concept, but man yours is like 10x more gorgeous. Now I see the floor reflection isn't quite perfect because it is very difficult with top down angle, but heck no one can make it perfect unless spending many hours and guess-work to paint the reflection :ill:

Awesome job on the Enzo Rev, Looks very professional. Must have been quite a task from the sounds of it. What I'd like to know is how do you take 4 shots merge the seams, wouldn't moving the cam across to shoot the next segment of the car change the cam angle a bit?

Anyway very inspiring, I might have to have a go at something like that. 👍

I am not a big fan of the Enzo as a car, but THIS picture really shows curvy design of it. You did an awesome job here and inspired me on some really big ideas. Thanks, and keep it up!

Hi! Don't be astonished - your entry was eye catching and from a unique perspective! Keep up the great work, glad you like my gallery!
Thanks for the encouragement!

And I really, really dig your Evolution X shots. I've often been reluctant to buy black cars (real or game), but these shots may have turned me ...

ZEROX - Thanks Zerox, glad you like it! :)
franz - Haha of course! I remember wondering how you did it back in the day :) Yeah, the top down reflection is pretty tricky, I ended up creating a new reflection using 6 or 7 layers, each part skewed or stretched to look right... it is very tricky though, especially the front corner of that bumper.
GPR - I actually kept the camera in the same location and just changed the angle to shoot a shot at each corner of the car. This did result in a bit of lens distortion so it didn't all line up perfectly, so I had to adjust it just a tiny bit with the free transform tool to make sure everything lined up. It was tricky but worth it I think, if I hadn't then I would have lost a whole heap of detail upon pumping up the contrast so much.
RcWr - Hehe, thanks! It's an interesting car, at first glance it appears to be all hard edges and sharp corners, but on closer inspection you can see it really does have some lovely curves. Looking forwards to see what you come up with next!
roninhyde - Thanks! Mmm, black cars can be tricky to shoot, but in the right environment they shine. :D
Ghertel - Thanks! I should hope so, I'm happy with it :)
Nickmamealguem - Haha, thanks! I was pleased with how it turned out. :)

I have definitely been away too long... not only did I miss this (and the previous) post, but I'm clearly falling behind in my 'leet skillz'. (Did I just type that?) Anyway, that is a truly jaw-dropping bit of work, Revo - not just the execution (which, of course, is flawless), but the idea to actually use multiple images stitched together.

👍 :cheers: :drool: and whatever other smilies apply

Just wanted to drop in and say the Ferrari picture that you submitted to the "Retro 2.0" comp was my favorite out of all of them even though yours didn't make the poll. I thought it was brilliantly done and very realistic.

boozybloke - Hehe, thanks!
sixtoes - Thank you! Haha, don't worry, I still bow down to your HDR skills, you seem to know what you're doing with that whereas I just play around with the sliders until it looks good in Photomatix :P Thanks for stopping by :)
RetroGiant - Aww, thanks! I'm glad somebody noticed that pic, I have a whole set of similar style at Ahrweiller lying around here. I photoshopped them and everything, and was umming and aahing about uploading them but as the 2.0 entry was soundly ignored, I decided to can the update. If you like them though, I might yet change my mind and upload a couple.
Grand Prix - Thank you :)
kanisama - Thank you, I aim to please :sly:
krakozyabr - Thanks! It does look a bit like a piece of press material :)
Rotorist - Thanks! Glad you like it.

On with the next update, back to regular programming, a silver German rocket at sunrise on the Nordschleife... I'll admit none of the images are particularly sunrise-y, but racing at early morning does provide you with some excellent lighting and lovely looooong shadows. :)
One of these images is HDR, the rest are not. Can you pick it?

BMW M5 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

Click for full size.

The E60 M5 is one of my favorite cars, and yet I still haven't bought one in game ...! Gorgeous shots as always, and yes ... Morning on the 'ring makes for great tones in the environment. I did my RS6 shots there.

Back