Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Question about the difference between the Zonta and the Toyota 88C.
When I get into trouble and start to lose it due to over steering (too much throttle) - in the Zonta I usually go into an unrecoverable tank slapper. I can sometimes gas my way though it (rarely). In the Toyota - simply releasing the throttle straightens everything out. Is this because of the weight distribution? Or difference in the down force at the rear?
Is there a way to tune in this behavior?

Tried the NSX LM and the TVR RM...great work:tup:. You made my most enjoyable cars even more satisfying. I cant wait to try the RX8 race car:)

For any of those he enjoyed the Audi A4 tune apply that tune to the BMW M3 GTR and go even faster! 6:15 round The Ring, What a car. Probable that the setup isn't perfect but I know stuff all about car setups.

It took me some time but finally here it comes.
This car is a 4x4 and quite heavy so you first have to get used to it!
But once you feel comfortable and know how to brake and handle the corners you will have fun with this blast :)

Welcome to the GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Version) '09.

gtrspecvfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is quite heavy! Once you get used driving a 4x4 you should feel comfortable.
Capable of sub 6:20 on the Nordschleife!

Tuning: to the max (647kw/1367kg/551.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: n/a

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: 30/70

LSD: 10/35/30

Suspension:
Height: -13/-13
Springs: 12.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 5/4
Anti-Roll: 5/6

Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: 0.10/0.00

Brakes: 7/5

The first time I use a different brake setting because with my usual setting I had some problems breaking for high speed corners.

Feedback is as always welcome :)
amazing tune, but still some crappy understeering(not much if you compare with other's setups). what should i do with ASM ABS and the traction control?

But once you feel comfortable and know how to brake and handle the corners you will have fun with this blast :)

gtrspecvfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is quite heavy! Once you get used driving a 4x4 you should feel comfortable.

Suspension:

The first time I use a different brake setting because with my usual setting I had some problems breaking for high speed corners.

what do you mean with the LSD? 10F 35F 30F? or same at front as rear?? please answer ASAP:)

hey man you have the best tunes in this forum, i came from germany only to use ure tunes.
bzt can you make me a motul pitwork Z04 tune. i need once from you because on sunday i drifing in JGTC500 liga

Outstanding tune on the RUF CTR2. Usually with these cars if you even think about touching the steering wheel the car would reward you with an eye popping oversteer spin into next week. This tune actually has a touch of understeer, well balanced. It's a bit light in the rear on the brakes though, but if your paying attention it's now a fun car to drive.

Tharain
Aero: 70/90

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 430kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -8/-8
Springs: 16.0/14.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/5
Dampers (Com): 8/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

This setup gave me positive results regarding the over/understeering
and I managed to win the FGT-championship on the 1st try altough the AI in this challenge is very annoying :D

Tharain, this tune (with tranny moved to 261mph) is utterly awesome for Indy. I mean, it drives as smooth as a prom queen's thighs--only not so risky... I would even say it is smoother there than the RM ZR-1 Vette, and I didn't think that was possible. Easy to drive and doesn't wear you out like the X2010.

I'm going to do the LE Mans 24 hour in A Spec tomorrow, just need to tweak it a bit because that track is crazy bumpy. It tends to be a bit tail happy on hard acceleration, so I'll need to either turn on some TC (groan), or turn down the LCD acceleration sensitivity. Probably raise the suspension a tad, and what do you suggest for springs to counter the bumpiness?

Thanks for a great tune!

gtrspecvfinal.jpg

Notes:

Suspension:

your lsd settings 10/35/30 are they for rear or is it all round

Wow thanks! I can see a HUGE difference! idid tune from stock and i can say it added about a +20% on the overall proformence 👍

I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not since no one has posted on it since late July, but I was wondering if you,Tharain, had a Nissan R89C tune? I need one for Nurburgring course.

Hello Racers,

here it is! One of the most anticipated tunes so far for one of the fastest cars ingame.
Get ready for a car similar to a F1-car but I would guess it is even faster ;)

Welcome to the famous Formula Gran Turismo.

fgtfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is so fast, it will blow your mind away :D
Watch out in the high revs, it tends to oversteer!

Tuning: to the max (687kw/550kg/7960.1km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 70/90

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 430kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -8/-8
Springs: 16.0/14.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/5
Dampers (Com): 8/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

This setup gave me positive results regarding the over/understeering
and I managed to win the FGT-championship on the 1st try altough the AI in this challenge is very annoying :D

Literally made this account simply to say thank you for this set up. ran the challenge first try all stock and took 2nd overall but tuned it and got the #1 spot. idk race names but i won the first two, took second on the really tight course, two more wins, then a 3rd. Going back now

Back