Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Ford GT '06 (premium)

658kW / 6900 U/min
1025Nm / 4900 U/min

Weight:1203kg

Downforce: 0/40 max

Ford GT LM Spec II (standart)

604kW / 6800 U/min
1000Nm / 4300 U/min

Weight: 1130kg

Downforce: 50/70 max

I would say LM Spec is better because of this huge downforce.
I am not sure about the stats of a Premium LM Spec. I`d like to know that too!

Few more notes on the Minolta.
During the dream car championship, I noticed on Circuit de la Sarthe in turns 1, 2, 4, and 7 I think, high speed braking it got super squirrely, 7 put me into the sand, the rest were manageable.

I don't have the Ford GT LM yet although I'm definitely looking forward to owning one. I did, however, try out your Minolta tune to get me through the GT All-Stars competition with all golds. That setup worked perfectly for me. Yes, it's a bit squirrelly, but its a racecar with TONS of power I'm not really sure what else you could expect. Throttle control is always going to be necessary in ANY car with this much power. I think people are wanting a tune that will take a racecar like this and allow them to drive balls to the wall WOT through every turn on any course, which is just simply not going to happen.

This car was perfect for the Indy Speedway or whatever the track was for the second race in Like The Wind. WOT all the way around is definitely possible and the brakes are never touched. You can absolutely scream around this track in about three and a half minutes for 70k. Repeat. :)

Yes, it's a bit squirrelly, but its a racecar with TONS of power I'm not really sure what else you could expect. Throttle control is always going to be necessary in ANY car with this much power. I think people are wanting a tune that will take a racecar like this and allow them to drive balls to the wall WOT through every turn on any course, which is just simply not going to happen.

He wanted notes on his tune, I'm giving him notes.

I know how to drive, thanks. ;)

And I'm very thankful for these notes, cause the more feedback I get the better i can tune the cars ;)

I have holidays till X-mas starting tomorrow... I think I'll release some tunes the following 2 weeks ;)

Due to the fact that I've to drive the 4h-Roadster-Race I'll release a tune for a roadster meeting the conditions for this endurance event...

I chose the Mazda "Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '00. I bought it in the used dealership with already 16k km driven :P

mazdaroadsterfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car forgives alot of mistakes (if you make some :confused: ) - it is quite easy to handle once you get used to driving "slower" and "lighter" cars 💡

Tuning: to the max (237kw/920kg/16.644km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/20

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 260kmh seems quite good

LSD: 5/60/30

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Springs: 5.6/4.0
Dampers (Ext): 4/4
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/3

Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 7/6

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know, the 4h endurance race was fun!
Drove over 230 laps on Tsukuba and my fastest lap was after the last pit stop lap 216 with 59,337. In the end I have been 30 laps ahead :D

Now i have some time for my next setup... just need to decide but i can't ... think I'm gonna roll a dice :D

Fellow racers,

I hereby release the setup for a very special car. So far the fastest german non race-modded car in the game I believe.
And this masterpiece of construction is named SLS AMG '10.

slsamgfinal.jpg

Notes:
Watch out for jumps!!! The front lifts off quite easy! This beast has huge power and strong brakes.
For sure one of the fastest cars without race modification!

Tuning: to the max (625kw/1313kg/715km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/40

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

LSD: 35/35/30

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Springs: 7.5/7.5
Dampers (Ext): 5/5
Dampers (Com): 3/3
Anti-Roll: 7/7

Brakes: 8/7

Still huge problems on bumpy tracks, the front lifts off too easy... I'm working on a solution...

Any feedback is welcome :)

Last edited:
Fellow racers,

I hereby release the setup for a very special car. So far the fastest german non race-modded car in the game I believe.
And this masterpiece of construction is named SLS AMG '10.

slsamgfinal.jpg

Notes:
Watch out for jumps!!! The front lifts off quite easy! This beast has huge power and strong brakes.
For sure one of the fastest cars without race modification!

Tuning: to the max (625kw/1313kg/715km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/40

LSD: 15/35/30

Suspension:
Height: -17/-17
Springs: 10.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 5/5
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 5/5

I tested this setup mainly on the Nordschleife and Deep Forest and if it works here good it should work good on most tracks ;)

I'm currently using your Toe setting as well as your Brake setting for my B-Spec driver in a fully modified SLS AMG. The tune that was on it from the previous owner was ok but for some reason wasn't working with the Schwarzwald League B race. So far all is well with aspects of your tune, and I will personally try out your tune and provide some feedback soon.👍

I think my Miata might be a little overkill.
I have one that is fully upgraded (wing, power, and weight reduction).
I then applied your tune specs and the thing handles like a raped ape!
I just gave it to B-Spec Bob for the 4 hour Endurance race and after 20 minutes he has already lapped the entire field. And that was with telling him to Pace Down until he was ice cold!
I think I can sleep sound knowing the Bobs have this race in hand without me. :lol:

Thanks for testing ;)

Right now I'm on the Nordschleife testing a RUF... and it feels great :D Setup will be released soon ...

I think my Miata might be a little overkill.
I have one that is fully upgraded (wing, power, and weight reduction).
I then applied your tune specs and the thing handles like a raped ape!
I just gave it to B-Spec Bob for the 4 hour Endurance race and after 20 minutes he has already lapped the entire field. And that was with telling him to Pace Down until he was ice cold!
I think I can sleep sound knowing the Bobs have this race in hand without me. :lol:

Very good information to know, I've got a Miata I used for the Miata race and that thing is hurtin' for some attention... lol

And here it is :)
Again a german car but this time a 4x4!
First I had some problems tuning this baby but then finally i found some settings which tamed this beast a bit!
One of my favourite cars, sadly not a premium model but still a premium car for me, the RUF CTR2 '96.

rufctr22.jpg

Notes:
Once you get used driving a 4x4 it's quite easy to handle. Altough be carefull of its mighty power :)

Tuning: to the max (479kw/1214kg/64.592km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/0

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 350kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: 35/65

LSD: 5/45/30 (front + rear same)

Suspension:
Height: -37/-35
Springs: 10.5/9.5
Dampers (Ext): 8/8
Dampers (Com): 7/7
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: 0.10/0.0

Brakes: 8/6

Last edited:
So pumped for this CTR2 tune!! Gotta let bob finish his series then I am def doing it. This car is on a few tuners lists and I have been anticipating it so much as this was my favorite in gt3 (skipped 4).

edit: Forgot my name was ctr2 haha, I look like such a fanboy

edit 2: Tried this out on the track and WOW it is amazing. The car handles beautifully and I think the racing I did with it was to the highest of my abilities. Bravo man!

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know,
I'll grind for the FGT today and if i have one I'll release a setup for it :)
If i don't get one I'll tune the Mazda Furai ;)

And here it is :)
Again a german car but this time a 4x4!
First I had some problems tuning this baby but then finally i found some settings which tamed this beast a bit!
One of my favourite cars, sadly not a premium model but still a premium car for me, the RUF CTR2 '96.

rufctr22.jpg

Notes:
Once you get used driving a 4x4 it's quite easy to handle. Altough be carefull of its mighty power :)

Tuning: to the max (479kw/1214kg/64.592km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/0

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 350kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: 50/50

LSD: 5/45/30 (front + rear same)

Suspension:
Height: -37/-35
Springs: 9.0/11.0
Dampers (Ext): 7/7
Dampers (Com): 7/7
Anti-Roll: 5/4

Toe: 0.0/0.0

Brakes: 8/6

I tested alot of different toe/camber settings but finally putting all to 0 gave me the best results.

Personally i would lower your front lsd break setting to about 15 and also split the torque split to 30/70.
I have only started to tune this car myself after finishing a long hard graft on a cobra, but so far i have found these lsd torque splitts to be best. Try it on your tune, your lap times will drop big time. Also i would lower the rear spring rate a bit and also the rear compression. i did this on my tune and it stops power over-steer by pulling the cars weight onto the rear wheels for better traction.

Give these changes a go they work really well. But just because i have suggested these changes does not mean they are right it also depends on the persons driving style ;-)

gonna check it out later :)

right now I'm in the 200 miles Laguna Seca endurance and my mate is driving :D
after that I'll post some updates on a few setups, for example the minolta is still to harsh on the throttle :P

Personally i would lower your front lsd break setting to about 15 and also split the torque split to 30/70.
I have only started to tune this car myself after finishing a long hard graft on a cobra, but so far i have found these lsd torque splitts to be best. Try it on your tune, your lap times will drop big time. Also i would lower the rear spring rate a bit and also the rear compression. i did this on my tune and it stops power over-steer by pulling the cars weight onto the rear wheels for better traction.

Give these changes a go they work really well. But just because i have suggested these changes does not mean they are right it also depends on the persons driving style ;-)

Tested your settings and to be honest I feel more comfortable with the 50/50 split up. But i adjusted the suspension for more grip.

Of course the engine split up decides how the car handles... I think it has alot to do with personal driving style :)

Next tune will be released today or tommorow... :)

Fellow racers,
here comes the setup for a car you can surprise alot of players with online... :)
In comparision with the FGT this car handles like it is on tracks,
sticks to the ground like glue and it compete with the best sportscars.
It was a pleasure tuning this baby besides getting more and more angry about the FGT ;)

I introduce to you the Mazda Furai Concept '08.

furaifinal.jpg

Notes:
This car drives so smooth... if you like the Elise you will love this baby!
Capable of doing sub 6:30 in the green hell ;)

Tuning: to the max (421kw/675kg/77.1km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 35/60

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 35/35/25

Suspension:
Height: -5/-5
Springs: 12.5/11.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/6
Dampers (Com): 7/6
Anti-Roll: 5/4

Toe: 0.0/0.20

Feedback is as always welcome :)

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a setup for the FGT... already have one for Fuji (1:15 laptime, won with 5 sec gap) but need to test the other tracks first before i release it :)

It should be added tomorrow :)

Awesome tunes! Tried the Furai + Minolta and they both handle like a dream (on a DS3 controller btw hahah)! Can't wait for the FGT tune... even though I need to grind 2 mill more :( If you have time, I would love a R92CP tune as well, thanks and keep it up!

Back