GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I submitted my times a while ago, but haven't heard back. Weren't we supposed to get a PM back once everything was kosher?

The only time you may get a PM is if your qualification time is invalid and/or you didn't send the qualification PM to Vaxen properly. Just keep an eye out in the WRS thread for the Division results to see where you end up. Keep in mind it will be a week or two (maybe more, maybe less?) to process and verify the results.

Jerome

Great - thanks Jerome!

I imagine Vaxen is very busy trying to sort through everything, so wasn't really expecting a PM, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Tim

Time submitted!

Looking forward to racing with all the friends I made in the WRS during GTP & also excited to meet & make new friends in the GT5 version of the WRS.

Jeremie

The only time you may get a PM is if your qualification time is invalid and/or you didn't send the qualification PM to Vaxen properly. Just keep an eye out in the WRS thread for the Division results to see where you end up. Keep in mind it will be a week or two (maybe more, maybe less?) to process and verify the results.

Jerome

Just a quick question on that.

I assume only the mods will be checking the replays, not ourselves as is normal in the WRS.

Is there any chance of seeing any of the replays?
Maybe each division winners runs..i'm sure there are alot of us who would love to see where we were leaving time on the track!

Maybe each division winners runs..i'm sure there are alot of us who would love to see where we were leaving time on the track!

I doubt we will, as they would'nt want to make the times public for as long as the current qualifier is used

Just a quick question on that.

I assume only the mods will be checking the replays, not ourselves as is normal in the WRS.

Only Mods will be checking replays, and we won't be making times or replays public.

Submitted, would have liked to have given it more time but with having a little 'un now I suppose its relative to the amount of time I'll be able to spare for the WRS, not expecting a great result but its the taking part that counts!

Submitted! I passed my goals and then achieved my secondary goal.

I was thinking about giving it another go but I think I spent about as much time on the qualifier as I will during a regular week so I decided to call it a race.

I can't wait to see where the chips fall. I was 202nd in Division 2 for the GT4 Qualifier so I guess we'll see if I've gotten better or worse!

BTW I really enjoyed the ghostless event and it would be a nice change of pace if we got to do something similar down the road during regular WRS competition.

Bring on the first event!

Last edited:
I did the mistake to set my times on a non-GTP_-account.. I then started up a GTP_-account and actually improved 0,150 sec overall!! Lucky me :)

So now, I've submitted my times.. I'm just a little scared if my subbmission for some reason did'nt get trugh... :scared:

But if it did, I'll really hope for a Div 2 silver or something like that.. But I guess I'll be disapointed, with all the aliens around here, and also in mind that the amout of subbmssions will be far more then for the GT5P I guess..

I just turned everything off before running.. Did not laborate with any brake balance.. Is that even possible?

Yes, if you use the ingame RA function. It's available immediately for DFGT users but has to be setup for the DS3 if you have a G25/G27. I've never used it since it seems a bit immoral to me in the same way as the clutch, proven by the fact that you didn't even know it existed.

I didn't tamper with the brakes, although 5/5 seemed quite good anyway.

Submitted...lets see how it turns out. I am quite impressed with someones commentary who said, that on the second day, for some reason you get a better performance...I managed to improve almost 2 seconds from my 1st run on Sector 3.

Good luck everyone...eager to see everyone's results!

We won't be extending the deadline.

However, if you are unable to submit by the deadline, we'll be reopening the registry for submissions sometime in March.

When you reopen it, is it only for new members or can we try and improve our division placement?

When you reopen it, is it only for new members or can we try and improve our division placement?

New members only. You can improve your division placement through participation in the Weekly Races.

New members, people already on the registry can move up by doing well in the WRS, once it's up and running.

As noted earlier in the thread, there are many who qualified quite low in GT5 Prolouge and then worked their way up the system by taking part in WRS. Animera started in Div 3 (I think) and made it to Div 1 Silver chiefly by being among the top 5 in every single week (or so it felt). Synwraith started in Div 2 Bronze and made it to the very top in Div 1 Gold and Eriba went from Div 4 to Div 2 Gold and was just on the brink of being promoted to Div 1 when GT5 was released. There are many more examples, but these just show that if you really want to improve and, as a result, move up the ranks, then WRS is the ideal place to do it.

Submitted. I think I could of done better, but I gave myself the same amount of time I would use during each WRS weekly event. About 3 - 6 hours. If I 'd spent weeks on it, there's a chance I would of ended up in a division I just couldn't compete with inside the given time scale.

I'm also using a wheel for the first time. So I'm looking forward to seeing which division I end up in and hopefully I can progress up as my wheel skills get better. I'll be happy if I make Division 4 :) Any higher is a bonus.

Good Luck to all those who have submitted! I'll see you on the leader boards. 👍

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
New guy here and I just found out about this. I have created a GTP_ account and need to post to enable the PM feature.
I don't have much time to work on my qualifying submission, but rest assured I'll do my best with the time I do have.
I'm not very accomplished right now but look to improve with time.
I look forward to the competition and comaraderie that this new aspect of the game has to offer me.
Good luck to all.

The WRS Qualifier post says the deadline is midnight GMT, Jan 28.

Does that mean 00:00 GMT, Jan 28 or 23:59 GMT, Jan 28 ?

Back