GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I think it means Midnight Friday night. So 23:59:59 GMT, Jan 28.

I could, however, be incorrect and/or on fire.

The WRS Qualifier post says the deadline is midnight GMT, Jan 28.

Does that mean 00:00 GMT, Jan 28 or 23:59 GMT, Jan 28 ?

00:00GMT is the start of the next day; 12am. So you need to have it by 23:59GMT on the 28th (aka 11:59PM on the 28th).

Jerome

D1 Gold here I come...
Submitted yesterday.
Try not to laugh too hard at my time Vaxen ;)

I finally managed to get a time on Sector 2 that I think is acceptable. I wasted so many attempts by just putting a wheel in the grass and spinning out. I find this track takes me 2-3x longer than other tracks to learn. I think I spent about 5 hours getting comfortable with just Sector 2 and normally I could learn a whole track in just 2 hours. It is just so unforgiving of any little error. Miss an apex by a little or come into the corner a little to fast and WHOOOSHH. Spin into the wall. A big part of my problem was having almost no knowledge of this track prior to the qualifier.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to submit before the deadline. I'll work on Sector 3 and I'll be ready to submit when these open up again.

Will the qualifier still be open into mid March? I'm going away February 9-March 4. Will I still be able to submit my times when I get back? I want to make sure there are no plans to close it again in the near future.

Hi this is my first post here on GTP:)
I have been running this qualifier for about 1½ week now, logged about 6-7 hours and I think im pretty close to my limit of talent now.
Im participating in this basically just to see how I stack up and hopefully be able to participate in a couple of events as well.

I finally managed to get a time on Sector 2 that I think is acceptable. I wasted so many attempts by just putting a wheel in the grass and spinning out. I find this track takes me 2-3x longer than other tracks to learn. I think I spent about 5 hours getting comfortable with just Sector 2 and normally I could learn a whole track in just 2 hours. It is just so unforgiving of any little error. Miss an apex by a little or come into the corner a little to fast and WHOOOSHH. Spin into the wall. A big part of my problem was having almost no knowledge of this track prior to the qualifier.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to submit before the deadline. I'll work on Sector 3 and I'll be ready to submit when these open up again.

Will the qualifier still be open into mid March? I'm going away February 9-March 4. Will I still be able to submit my times when I get back? I want to make sure there are no plans to close it again in the near future.

This qualifier is definitely challenging, so I'm hopeful that it will provide a really good gauge of everyone's current ability level. Sorry that you only had time to work on sector 2.

The registry should re-open within 4 weeks or so after the deadline. Once it's open again, it should remain that way. It just takes a lot to get the initial qualifier entries organized.

Can't wait to see the results come out! How are we going to keep from going crazy while the divisions are sorted?

Can't wait to see the results come out! How are we going to keep from going crazy while the divisions are sorted?

I don't know what you mean?

I mean, I tried hard and set a good time but I could still see more tenths but that is normal right? Acheiving those last tenths wouldnt have made a difference to my division placement right? I mean it's not like I will miss my target right? It's only a game after all right? No need to be all crazy about it right? I... It's... Just....hours spent.... Not... Sure... :crazy:

Times submitted ... very anxious to see when the division sorting business will be finished! Good luck and many thanks to the mod' guys for their time doing the churns :bowdown:

I have been busy the past few weeks and only started my qualifing for the WRS yesterday. I saw in a previous post that it would be opened up possibly again in March? Instead of submitting the times I have now, I think it would be best for me to invest some more time on sector's two and three before submitting. I do have one question concerning the rules and didn't really see a straight answer after a search of this thread. Two wheels on the track at all times, does this mean the other two can clip the grass or dirt? I refer to "clip" as two wheels just coming off and over the raised curb, cobblestone or edge of pavement for a split second? Thanks:tup:

I have been meaning to sumbit my times for about three days now, I'll do it tomorrow I promise.:)

I have been busy the past few weeks and only started my qualifing for the WRS yesterday. I saw in a previous post that it would be opened up possibly again in March? Instead of submitting the times I have now, I think it would be best for me to invest some more time on sector's two and three before submitting. I do have one question concerning the rules and didn't really see a straight answer after a search of this thread. Two wheels on the track at all times, does this mean the other two can clip the grass or dirt? I refer to "clip" as two wheels just coming off and over the raised curb, cobblestone or edge of pavement for a split second? Thanks:tup:

I don't think that the qualifier in March will be the same than now...
Regarding your question, yes, it means that the other 2 wheels can be anywhere else outside of the track. BTW, cobblestone, curbs, and hard surfaces are considered as part of the track

The qualifier will be open again in March, and it almost certainly will be the same qualifier.

All hard surfaces are track, and you only need to have 2 wheels on or above the track at all times.

So, for example, the picture below is clean. If that left front wheel dipped onto the grass, that would be 3 wheels off, and dirty.

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

EDK
The qualifier will be open again in March, and it almost certainly will be the same qualifier.

All hard surfaces are track, and you only need to have 2 wheels on or above the track at all times.

So, for example, the picture below is clean. If that left front wheel dipped onto the grass, that would be 3 wheels off, and dirty.

Got it! This clarifies things for me now. I have been too conservative in trying to keep all the wheels on the hard surfaces. I will try and submit times if I can get on before friday but I am back on shift now. If I don't submit then I will work towards the March qualifier.

I can't believe all these people that can stand to wait ~6 weeks because they might improve their times by a few seconds! But... hypothetically, if one were to improve their overall time by 3.5 seconds since submitting, how many divisions apart might that be?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not anxious because I think I can do better on the Qualifier (not that I want to try anymore anyway), but because I want to get started with the first race!

I can't believe all these people that can stand to wait ~6 weeks because they might improve their times by a few seconds! But... hypothetically, if one were to improve their overall time by 3.5 seconds since submitting, how many divisions apart might that be?

I should submit my times, but now that I know I can have a tire or two over the curb changes everything. While runnng the qualifier I kept everything on the pavement which held me back in my opinion. If I submit my times and drive not so conservatively during the WRS then my times will not be true and could be declared a "Sandbagger". I would rather do it right. It also stated in the rules of the qualifier to give it our best and put some time in to it, at this point I don't feel I have put in my best. Honestly I would rather submit the times that I consistantly ran in rather than my fastest. My baseline runs are null and void at this point due to my conservative driving, I will have to get back behind the wheel and really throw the car around now!

Last edited:
Time Submitted, Good Luck to All. Looking forward to some good competition for the new start of WRS.

:crazy:Can one of the Mods answer how many members have actually submitted their times .I know it's not of major importance , but it would be good to know how many people have gotten down to the bone of their right pinky .:crazy:

I didnt read the second and third posts which say that the submission has to be on a single line in the pm :( I thought it looked a little messy so tried to clean it up a little bit to make it easier to read - if any admin sees this please accept my submission! :(

3.5 seconds would normally cover the aliens and all of division 3 in the GT5P WRS, but with this qualifier being over 2 "laps", it'd probably be less spread than that. Without any reference point to relate it to you can't really answer that question.

Thing is, there's no point spending more time on each sector of the qualifier than you normally would on the WRS, because you'll just end up being uncompetitive in the WRS. All well and good getting a Division 2 time after spending 20 hours on each sector, but if you can only spend 5 hours a week on each combo you'll soon get bored as you'll be unlikely to be able to compete to the level you'd find enjoyable each week.

The qualifier really is just a starter for the divisions, they will chop and change quite a bit for a while. People improve and get promoted, some will find they can't match qualifier pace and be asked to be dropped a division, etc.

I submitted.

Does anyone else Time Trial in 3D, with a wheel, in-car with all HUD turned off?

I'm curious to see if anyone does (for future comparisons / friendly rivalry / competition in that particular playstyle).

I didnt read the second and third posts which say that the submission has to be on a single line in the pm :( I thought it looked a little messy so tried to clean it up a little bit to make it easier to read - if any admin sees this please accept my submission! :(

It is in a certain format for a program to read, not necessarily a human.

You should hope for a PM about your submission, and remember to submit only once.

For anyone who has not submitted yet, please read the whole post and understand it before submitting.

Back