GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
What's the plan with WRS? Will it be time trials and races or just time trials? We do have th unnoficial GTP_race events to keep us happy.

I'm fairly certain it will include races and time trials. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts with a big racing tournament though, like in prologue.

With 400 entries I wonder how many will actually race WRS 1.

GT5 P's biggest turnout was only around 50?.

GT4 WRS 1 had ~77
GT4 WRS 2 had ~86
GT4 WRS 3 had ~82

Then i think it slowly dropped after that..

If we can get a 100 id confidently say thats a record

Last edited:

GT4 WRS 1 had ~77
GT4 WRS 2 had ~86
GT4 WRS 3 had ~82

Yep it will be very interesting to see how many of the qualifiers actually participate in any of the WRS events let alone in week one.

Yep it will be very interesting to see how many of the qualifiers actually participate in any of the WRS events let alone in week one.

I'll be trying for every week, but I'm off to Japan until the 13th, so I hope the first one is the week after that so I dont miss the first one (unfortunatly missing the Bathurst 12 hour and Round 1 of the V8 supercars whilst I'm away though)

I'm already struggling with my time having fun with of the seasonal events.
Will be challenging adding WRS to that, but I know, it is rewarding as well.

GT4 WRS 1 had ~77
GT4 WRS 2 had ~86
GT4 WRS 3 had ~82

My participation frequency in WRS will depend on when and how often they take place; as other aspects of my like can't be put on 'hold' for virtual racing; but I will make an effort to take part 👍

My participation frequency in WRS will depend on when and how often they take place; as other aspects of my like can't be put on 'hold' for virtual racing; but I will make an effort to take part 👍
Probably once a week.

hahah... that is officially the first time I've seen someone ask how often the weekly race series happens. :D

Hello my fellow WRS'ers,

So, the registry is up, and the usual suspects from prologues WRS D1 are back up the top, awesome times there guys, very well done 👍

And then the shock of finding myself in D2 gold, two divisions up from where I was in the prologue WRS. Really chuffed with that, now I've just got to hopefully maintain that pace, haha :cheers:

EDIT: How rude of me! There I am going on at how chuffed I was with my divisional placement, that I didn't congratulate everyone else, and say a huge thanks to the admins for getting this all sorted very quickly, fantastic job guys 👍

Last edited:
Although I've just slipped one Sub-Division D2-S > D2-B (damn :)) it's more or less what I expected after being restricted by upcoming tests at university :nervous:
Looking forward to some nice duels! And for everybody in D2-B: feel free to add me!

Bunch of aliens up at the top of the pile! :scared:

Division 3 bronze is PACKED, here's looking forward to some quality racing.

Shout out to my boy Nicko for being the top ranked steerer for the registry qualifyer...... congrats Nicko!!!

Shout out to my boy Nicko for being the top ranked steerer for the registry qualifyer...... congrats Nicko!!!

Amen to that! Nice one Nick 👍
Congratulations everyone! I'm sure we are going to have a great time :)
For me it is a status quo; I'm staying in D1 Silver along some of my closest racing friends :D
And a well done to all my fellow countrymen 👍 :lol:

Last edited:
Great job by all involved! Actually moved up a notch from D3 Bronze to Silver. Started in D4 bronze in prologue. I am definite proof that even a casual time stricken bastard can improve here in the WRS. Looking forward to racing with everyone & making new friends.

Division 3 Silver, I can deal with that, right in the middle.

Well done to the organisers, I wasn't expecting a placement so soon. 👍

Crap missed the deadline thinking it was midnight pacific or more, to give time in the evening to do some more runs... what happens now?

Div 2 Silver! Better than my wildest hopes and dreams. Hopefully I can do my ranking justice. Also, they used my photo on the top of the Div 1 post! *Puffs out chest*

Crap missed the deadline thinking it was midnight pacific or more, to give time in the evening to do some more runs... what happens now?

Just wait until the registry re-opens in a few weeks

Does anyone see the mistake here? (No offense for you Vaxen)

Look closely : Me (lapierre4) Division 1 Silver
GTP_DHolland Division 1 Bronze

What happened??

Yay, I'm in a gold division......what division you ask, well, that's not important really is it. I'm Gold. Looking forward to improving.

Does anyone see the mistake here? (No offense for you Vaxen)

Look closely : Me (lapierre4) Division 1 Silver
GTP_DHolland Division 1 Bronze

What happened??

He ran that time with a DS3.

Awesome Time from Nicko, Hugo and CT :eek: 👍 :cheers:
Such a great turnout :cool:, Brilliant job to everyone who jumped through the hoops to submit!! :cheers:
Very happy with my result and look forward to mixing it with all you guys in WRS 1 👍

First WRS in almost 4 years (Feb 7th 2007) :scared:

Big shout out to the Race Crew for getting everything sorted behind the scenes :cheers:

Last edited:
I might be Div 5 Gold BUT i am happy with that.
first time in, gotta start somewhere.
HOWEVER you lot above me should be cautious . . The only place i have to go from here is up, which means someone is GOING DOWN!!!

Good luck all see you on the track!

- Well done to the admin crew for posting this up so quick, fantastic job all, keep it up!

Wow I went from Div 3 Silver to Div 4 Bronze. Hopefully, with the weeks to come it will be easy to get promoted through the rankings. I should of gave this more attention, but GT Academy was still up haha.

First of all well done Nick! Awesome speed mate. 👍 Also congrats to everyone who made Division 1. Looks like there were a lot of fast times posted.

Great to see such a big turnout again for WRS and so many familiar faces return. Hope everyone is pleased with their efforts in the qualifier and good luck in the WRS! 👍

I'm confused. How come the number one guy Niko isn't 0.000 on the handicap? I think I need the new system explained to me.

Anyway congrats on the successful opener gents. I'm chuffed to be back where I left off with prologue. Almost squeezed the D2 silver as well so I hope to be workin on that ;) Can someone confirm the top 10 qualifiers from all 5 divisions and subsequent err, sub-division have to post replays? So 150 replays submitted in total? Hope you're following me :lol:

Hello my fellow WRS'ers,

So, the registry is up, and the usual suspects from prologues WRS D1 are back up the top, awesome times there guys, very well done 👍

And then the shock of finding myself in D2 gold, two divisions up from where I was in the prologue WRS. Really chuffed with that, now I've just got to hopefully maintain that pace, haha :cheers:

Fantastic effort mate well done!! Hopefully I can join you in gold before you go Div1 :D

Wow, really wasn't expecting the results this soon. :eek:

Congratulations everyone who made it in. Can't wait for the first week! :D

Back