GT1 Memories

• Thread starter Nidgi
  • 376 comments
I remember the days when GT1 first came out and i got together with a coupla mates where we'd crashed out in front of the tv for an all-night session with Plenty of alcohol and weed.
We used to race over 3 laps and while 2 of us were battling it out the other one was skinnin up!
Yep the loser was the one that skinned up..Our sessions always centered around GT as well as the classic Goldeneye on N64 an not forgettin the footie and fighting games!
Thats going back to 1997-98 Amazing how long ago it now seems, but we had some top times...

GT1 was more fun playing the head-to-head battles, trying to get the un-tned NSX to point in the right direction...

[size=+1]GT1[/size] started for me with the demo. Hours and hours of going around the Clubman track in the arcade NSX Type S zero, barely able to avoid getting lapped in easy mode.

Maybe I eventually figured it out.

Then I bought the game. I would have been happy with Arcade Mode alone! But there was Simulation Mode.

Brief experiments with a Toyota Trueno, then I went back and bought an MA70 Supra instead.

Several days of Spot Races until I began to train my fingers to be delicate enough to get my B license.

Wow! Money came pretty easy now. Let's buy a Raspberry Metallic TVR Cerbera. What is this thing? It just goes where you want! Race-mod. Now I can demolish the competition in the FR series! Collect more money and max a Toyota Celica GT4 to win the 4WD series. Eclipse did pretty well in Arcade Mode--use that for FF. What is this SSR11 horror of horrors?

Newsgroups. Websites.

Later more money. The rest of my licenses. Even more money.

Finally I enter the GV300 with a Cerbera LM. I don't know what I'm doing, so I come second, but it was a blast! Almost like racing a real Formula 1 Grand Prix length race!

Later going back and learning how to do so much more with so much less.

More websites.

I'm so much better than I used to be now, but still mediocre when compared to talented players/drivers.

:)

My GT1 memory:

My friends and I used to race a lot in the Arcade Mode. The most-frequently-selected car was the Corvette Stingray because of its speed and acceleration. Strangely, I was able to beat them all with the Mitsubishi Eclipse. How? By doing the gutter drift in the last moment. :D

Originally posted by takumi64
My GT1 memory:

My friends and I used to race a lot in the Arcade Mode. The most-frequently-selected car was the Corvette Stingray because of its speed and acceleration. Strangely, I was able to beat them all with the Mitsubishi Eclipse. How? By doing the gutter drift in the last moment. :D

I bet they went crazy after moves like that. :lol:

I wasn't good at all in GT1, would always get my @$$ kicked. Now though with GT3 my luck has changed. :dopey:

There was one time when my friend and I were stuck in the sand (Grand Valley East). Both of us were desperately trying to get out of the sand while laughing our hearts out... :D

me and my brother were watching a preview rolling demo of GT1 , we were amazed and than suddenly my brother stood up and said..."look look you fool...thats our CAR thas a lantis !!!!!!" and the rest as they say it is history:)

yeah we got one:) it has a modified engine with 302 BHP, tuned chip, port polishing and a slight turbo boost, new muffler and some more. it's a great drive. i hate the fact that it isn't in GT3, lets hope for a return in Gt4 shal we:)

Lantis = Arse ugly
But thats just my opinion.

Bloody hell I was stilll at school when I was playing GT1. I remember comming home from school and playing the Japanese version before anyone had even heard of the game. Me and Keeno spent hours just figuring out the first licence test mainly because it was in Japanese. :D

I was still in school too, and i remember it came out the same time we were having finals! boy i tell ya that game really cut into my study time. haha. Theres one memory im quite fond of. I had actualy ventured out of my room for food because i was quite hungry, and i had a sandwhich, but i was still hungry after i ate the sandwhich and was thinking about having another one but thought "If i have another sandwhich, that'll really cut into my GT time" hahaha....i ended up going back to the game. hehe :)

Damn, now I would have had the sandwich, :D mainly because I prefer to sit on my arse with a full stomach. I had so many fond memory of GT1 but I can never replay it, even though I can still play GT2. :(

Ahh, GT1.

My fondest memory would have to be buying the Honda Prelude SiVTEC, and flogging the crap out of much faster cars.

The Prelude was a right little beast, I've got to give it that!

EDIT: "flooging"? Fixed it now. :D

My first GT1 experience was a mate calling me up and asking me had I heard of GT... I said no... So, we went and hired it out at the video shop with some other stupid game... we didn't even get to play the other game, cause GT was 2 cool :D

My first memory is me vs. my bro, both with the orange coloured NSX...trying to get around SSR5...I'm pretty sure I won with a lap time of about 15 minutes, but boy was it fun.
How things have changed... :crazy:

When I first played GT1, I was curious about the arcade mode's racing styles, Standard and Drift. I always chose Drift because it was really cool

I remember when I first got it... I HATED it! I was stuck somewhere in the beginnings of the A licence exam and I could hardly make enough money to get a second used car. Somehow, a couple of weeks ago I discovered it again and really got into it. I got much better, got great cars and 1 more test and i've got the AI licence. Unfortunately GT1's great times are over and it's hard to catch hold of one who is still willing to play it hardcore with you---

Man-o-man! Gran Turismo....THE original.
My fondest memory was when I first got my legacy touringwagon and I wasted all my cash on tuning it up, and was racing in some tournament
against vipers and corvettes& I totally creamed them. It was extremely difficult, but I was rewarded the knowing fact that my bomber stationwagon could kick the stuffun' out of a Viper! HAHAHAHAHAHA!:D :D :lol: :lol: :cool: :cool:

The first week I got GT1 I remember I couldn't get off the Playstation.
My mum tried everthing to stop me playing.
1st: She nicked the controllers.
SO I BOUGHT ANOTHER CONTROLLER.
2nd: She nicked the game.
SO I BOUGHT ANOTHER COPY.
3rd: She nicked the Playstaion.
NO, I DIDN'T BY ANOTHER PS1, I NICKED IT BACK.

But She won... she locked me out the house after school.

:banghead:

By the way.. ever tried racing a Lister Storm in GT3 after copious amounts of Whisky, Cointreau, Rum and Vodka?

Back