Missing lap time

• Thread starter ashes619
  • 11 comments

ashes619

Premium
ashes619
I was racing in the Ferrari Formula Challenge at Nurburgring GP/F track and racing away like normal. I did lap 5 which was a 1:33:807 (I know I am not good) and then I did lap 6 which I think was the exact same lap time but not 100%. On the little board it didn't show up. I then completed lap 7 and it showed up on the board but still no lap 6. Here is what it sort of looked like.

Best Lap Time
5. 1:33:807

7. 1:38:xxx
5: 1:33:807
4: 1:33:9xx

Just wondering where my lap time went, if this has happened to any one else and if it was because I maybe got the exact same lap time.

If it was the exact time in Lap 6 it would not appaer in the list. I do not know why they have implemented that way, but I am sure it is like that.

I have the same issue yesterday with two exact same lap-times in two laps in a row and the second lap does not appear in the list too.

That sucks. Would of loved it if they just put ALL lap times in instead of skipping the ones that were exactly the same as the previous lap.

It would be nice to look at all lap times after the race. I have been wondering. Why if I run low 1:30's for 10 laps how come the race takes 15 to 16 minutes to complete? A 15 minute race of 10 laps would equal to a 1:50 average lap time. When running 1:30's how is that computing?
With all your lap times viewable it would enable one to get a true average.

But if you divide 15 minutes by 10 you get 1:50. Wait a minute if you have 10 1 minute laps and 10 30 second laps you do get 15 minutes. So how do I get an average of 1:50 per lap? Help...what am I misscalculating?:dunce:

But if you divide 15 minutes by 10 you get 1:50. Wait a minute if you have 10 1 minute laps and 10 30 second laps you do get 15 minutes. So how do I get an average of 1:50 per lap? Help...what am I misscalculating?:dunce:

You have to observe that a minute has 60 seconds. 15 minutes are 900 seconds. Divide this by 10 and you have the average of 90 seconds, which is 1:30 in minutes. :)

How many minutes in an hour? 60, not 100. If you divide 15 minutes by 10, you get one point five (your 1:50) or, to put it another way, one and a half. Half of 60 is 30, not 50. So 1.5 minutes, or 1 and a half minutes, is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Using a calculator to work out time is trickier than using a calculator to work out fractions.

Last edited:
Lol, I knew something was askew. Just not my head, I was afraid of that. Thanks guys. Race on, Vince

p.s. Sorry for the highjack ashes619

^ LoL, that's pretty funny, maths eh. If other people read that I'd prepare myself because making a mistake like that on a forum... will attract many facepalm pictures.

OT: I'm sure the same thing happened to me once when I was driving laps on Tsukuba, well it doesn't really break the game so I never really bothered with it.

Back