◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
[quote="jobyone, post: 9370743, member:]

1. All cars on racing hard
2. The GTI has way too much grip for its power. I think it will promote close racing but few passing opportunities

This is is just my $.02 so take it or leave it[/quote]

I had a fantastic race with @xrad and @Drgreenthumb977 last night, yes it took three laps to get an opportunity for a pass but I think that only makes me better as I'm forced to find the perfect line and at the same time, it provides me plenty of time to study the faster guy I'm trying to pass!

I like having the FF/grippy from time to time - the racing lines are so different than the MR/FR cars - at least I think they are different! ;)

Nice variety this week - although I like the combos (a low power FF / almost any 4WD / Lotus Elise - my 'sweetheart' car), that usually means I will totally botch two or more of them. :dunce:

Alrite guys, really sorry I haven't taken part the past couple of weeks been mental busy! There has been injustice at uni recently and I've had my lecture times changed. So until beginning of April time I won't be able to race with you guys! Racing till 4 in the morning and a 9 am lecture isn't going to mix :indiff:

Genuinely gutted as this is clearly one of the best leagues on GTP:banghead:

Have a good time racing guys!

Holty!

3 hours until the guys go at each other in the semis. So are we placing bet or not.
But I'm going to have people mad at me but after last nights game with the girls I'm going to have to go with with the Canadians to win this game today.

Oops my mistake one hour away

Last edited:
Here are a few samples from the F1 book I have up for auction right now.
12676269884_afe73d9406_h.jpg

12676266944_616a235075_h.jpg
12675935293_295c1acc1d_h.jpg
12675929473_50d7b502b2_h.jpg

This fold out is in the center of the book and shows the car changes per team each year for side by side comparisons.
May the highest bid win!

Why is it important to pick apart the Combos each week? We are not running NASCAR, or in other words, we are not running the same car Sunday in - Sunday out. I enjoy the variety, the changes of PP, Drive-train, and Tracks.
It would be far beyond boring if we ran the same cars on the same tracks all the time.

I would recommend that we take the New Combos each week and try to find the Best Line, Best Braking Points, and Best Passing areas - and then go out and "whup everybody" because you are so prepared, because you are so good. The best race drivers find a way to be at the front, no matter what the class, league, car or track.

Reading all the sarcasm and criticism over the last several pages ...... makes me dread the day I have to make a choice. You can be certain if I am ever given that opportunity - I will post my decision and NOT be reading the thread to see what the Professional Opinioners think is wrong with it.

That's my .02 worth, and I'm sticking to it. See yawl on Sunday.

Here are a few samples from the F1 book I have up for auction right now.
12676269884_afe73d9406_h.jpg

12676266944_616a235075_h.jpg
12675935293_295c1acc1d_h.jpg
12675929473_50d7b502b2_h.jpg

This fold out is in the center of the book and shows the car changes per team each year for side by side comparisons.
May the highest bid win!

Someone gonna get nice book there.

Did some changed to my RUF, added Buttkicker to the spinsor list and changed the number font. ;)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thinking they should hook me up for this type of coverage. LoL

Master Chatva, thanks for your quick lesson:tup:👍👍 I was preety happy with the golfie as I was able to be on the faster guys tale the whole race and win a direct battle with flatlines. But it's true that we will have to expect other drivers mistake to gain positions.

Master Chatva, thanks for your quick lesson:tup:👍👍 I was preety happy with the golfie as I was able to be on the faster guys tale the whole race and win a direct battle with flatlines. But it's true that we will have to expect other drivers mistake to gain positions.
That was a fun race for sure! I'm a big fan of the GTI/Silverstone combo. Really close racing, passing opportunities that you really have to work for, low chance of "taking the beach", etc...

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some super awesome S.N.A.I.L insight. My sad 5+ year old Logitech driving force GT is on it's way out, force feedback is about working about 50% and it has been randomly powering down whenever i play (not exactly ideal)

Looking to grab a new wheel, debating between the g27 (with upgraded progressive spring thing) and the Fanatec GT3 V2 wheel/pedals. Both of them will be a large upgrade, does anyone have experience using both? Wanting to see if there are any major differences...right now i am leaning towards a Fanatec wheel/pedals/shifter/seat bundle for $400

http://us.fanatec.com/Bundles?product_id=562

Any suggestions otherwise?

G27 or the Thrustmaster. Logitech customer support beats them all hands down, and is cheaper. Fanatec has been off my list for some time.

I have a Fanatec CSR. When it worked well, it was great. Now it squeaks when you turn and the d-pad wants to go to the right all the time. I'm using my G25 all the time now.

I had an idea that might alleviate a problem that the congestion on the board causes. Everyday we have some general banter, not related to the weeks racing. I think this does add to the league as a whole, but it can be quite tedious to sift through for the individual who can't follow the thread on a daily or even an hourly basis.

What I suggest is that each division have a communication liaison. A person who is able to follow the thread closely and then update their division via the division inbox. As an example, yesterday several of us discussed some options for the pick that @speer9892003 made. It was his choice, but we threw out ideas while he was at work. We used the message that @Skills sent us from the previous race announcement, but this might have been a bit annoying for Skills to have a lot of notifications or at least knowing there were many messages in his inbox.

Maybe this is already happening in other divisions, but this would at least alleviate the problems with some people getting lost within the hockey discussion or mistaking a premature combo announcement for the real thing.

Either way, I am going to start doing this for D8. Just an update when something significant happens, i.e. combo announcement, prize winners, deadlines, etc.

What do you think?

^ Some divisions are already doing this kind of thing. Roll with it.

Oddly, I can find addons for what I thought was Thrustmaster's flagship wheel but not the wheel itself. Did they discontinue the T500?

Hmm simple google search for thrustmaster t500 got me here. Wierd I couldn't seem to get this located from within the front end site.

I have a Fanatec CSR. When it worked well, it was great. Now it squeaks when you turn and the d-pad wants to go to the right all the time. I'm using my G25 all the time now.

Man....I really wanted to like that Fanatec, tired of using my folding table and that was a really good deal on a seat/wheel combo. that is what made me nervous reviews are pretty mixed as far as reliability goes, not something i am wanting to take a chance on when spending $400...

Why is it important to pick apart the Combos each week? We are not running NASCAR, or in other words, we are not running the same car Sunday in - Sunday out. I enjoy the variety, the changes of PP, Drive-train, and Tracks.
It would be far beyond boring if we ran the same cars on the same tracks all the time.

I would recommend that we take the New Combos each week and try to find the Best Line, Best Braking Points, and Best Passing areas - and then go out and "whup everybody" because you are so prepared, because you are so good. The best race drivers find a way to be at the front, no matter what the class, league, car or track.

Reading all the sarcasm and criticism over the last several pages ...... makes me dread the day I have to make a choice. You can be certain if I am ever given that opportunity - I will post my decision and NOT be reading the thread to see what the Professional Opinioners think is wrong with it.

That's my .02 worth, and I'm sticking to it. See yawl on Sunday.
it is hard to be critical of people being critical without sounding critical;)

I think there is some value in discussing the pros and cons of the choices.

I think there is some value in discussing the pros and cons of the choices. I drove each of the cars prior to making my thoughts known. I did not say anything particularly negative. I think we all can agree that we want each week to bring fun and challenging combos that reward the whole league with great races. That of course is really hard to do. So is it wrong to discuss ways we think that combos choices could be improved? Take the Golfie. If it was a 430 PP FF on Sports Hard tires it would provide a great race in my opinion. As it is the grip is so strong and the power so low that it will create lots of close driving. Patience will be needed to wait for a mistake in order to get an opportunity to pass. I am hardly the most consistent racer but I ran 20 straight laps on the combo and never got out of shape. I saw little chance to set someone up for a pass. Now on race night nerves are up and when you have someone bearing down on you it is easier to be pressured in to that mistake. But i think those opportunities will be few and far between. I am sure some people will love the combo. I love seeing an FF in the lineup and I liked the way the Golfie drives and I will have a blast Sunday like I always do.

The last thing I would like to say is I love all SNAILs.

it is hard to be critical of people being critical without sounding critical;)

I think there is some value in discussing the pros and cons of the choices.

I think there is some value in discussing the pros and cons of the choices. I drove each of the cars prior to making my thoughts known. I did not say anything particularly negative. I think we all can agree that we want each week to bring fun and challenging combos that reward the whole league with great races. That of course is really hard to do. So is it wrong to discuss ways we think that combos choices could be improved? Take the Golfie. If it was a 430 PP FF on Sports Hard tires it would provide a great race in my opinion. As it is the grip is so strong and the power so low that it will create lots of close driving. Patience will be needed to wait for a mistake in order to get an opportunity to pass. I am hardly the most consistent racer but I ran 20 straight laps on the combo and never got out of shape. I saw little chance to set someone up for a pass. Now on race night nerves are up and when you have someone bearing down on you it is easier to be pressured in to that mistake. But i think those opportunities will be few and far between. I am sure some people will love the combo. I love seeing an FF in the lineup and I liked the way the Golfie drives and I will have a blast Sunday like I always do.

The last thing I would like to say is I love all SNAILs.

But the pros and cons are mostly specific to the individual. In addition, just because your initial reaction is poor regarding a combo, doesn't mean it will stay that way. Last week, I hated the Lotus/Fuji combo, but after putting more time in, I think I have a good handle on the spin outs. Time heals all wounds...

How about a Latest News post? As an example, kcheeb could convert the old Driver List to a Latest News post and throw the latest updates on there, newest first. A highlight of the last 24- 48 hours.

Edit: We have had issues with overly grippy combos before. Maybe the tire rules should be more of a guideline. The prize winner could put in a request for lesser(or better) tires to the Technical Director.

This could be a way to handle the critical feedback in a positive way.

Last edited:
I think this week is as close to what I suggested as I'm gonna get without winning a prize.

Ideally the cars would be on opposite tracks but I have a feeling you will have some white knuckle racing this weekend :)

Just what the doctor ordered...if I can run some practice laps then maybe I will have some white knuckle racing too!

Good job guys...I think I will "suggest" more often :)

Man....I really wanted to like that Fanatec, tired of using my folding table and that was a really good deal on a seat/wheel combo. that is what made me nervous reviews are pretty mixed as far as reliability goes, not something i am wanting to take a chance on when spending $400...

Very happy with my G27! going strong on my 2nd year and loving it.

How about a Latest News post? As an example, kcheeb could convert the old Driver List to a Latest News post and throw the latest updates on there, newest first. A highlight of the last 24- 48 hours.
Kind of like the minutes taken at a board meeting...

I was thinking more Front Page news, maybe with links. Heck, could even link to the beginning of debates so we can find out what the fuss was about and who started it.

I don't think this is possible/likely, but with the large size of SNAIL it would be ideal to get a dedicated sub-forum so we can have multiple threads:

Sticky - General information (like post #1) - locked so no responses possible
Sticky - Last week's preliminary/official results and penalties - locked
Sticky - Current week's combos (like post #2) - locked
Sticky - Color/driver number info - locked
Sticky - Official off-day calendar with links to dedicated threads - locked
Threads in order of latest post:
- 2/23/14 combos discussion/tips
- 2/20/14 practice night coordination
- DTC event thread
- NASCAR event thread
- SNAIL "introduce yourself" thread
- Post your real-life cars thread
- Off-topic chat thread
- etc.

That way if someone's trying to figure out practice information for 2/20, they don't have to read through people discussing their personal car history. Or if people want to just chat about the meaning of life/Olympics/etc, they can do so in a thread and not have to see people critiquing the current combos. Or if people want to discuss the DTC event ideas, they don't have to read through people asking what room number the blue practice room is.

Last edited:
any rooms opened?

Edit: 1472-6681-3329-8086-6735

Edit: 1472-6399-8966-5886-8343

Feel free to join

Last edited:
Edited: Why bother. I will not waste my time trying to encourage anyone to read. I will also not do for anyone else what they could do for themselves.

Last edited:
Back