0/0/0?

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
sk8te-penguin
Whats so good about having a car with 0/0/0 status? I'd rather have a car that's been broken in and needs an oil change than something factory fresh..

Meh, doesn't matter to me if im looking for a specific car. I am what you would call a "collector", but I collect UCD cars as well, i have a small number of 0/0/0 which are from the OCD.

If I had the choice I'd rather have a 0/0/0 car to actually use that way I know I'm the first to use it and drive it. So I know that it's stock HP and still can be broken in and such.

And honestly, think about it, in real life would you rather a used car where someones fat:censored: sat their before you did. Not that that's a factor in GT5, but you know someome used it before you. There was a TopGear episode where the guys bought used cars and after a lab test they found tons of nasty stuff on the cars, it was disgusting. I believe it was Hammonds car that had "vaginal liquids" on the seat. Again that's not like it can happen in GT5. But it's nice to know you're the person who first used the car. Then again I'm a real anal person :lol:

Nope in real life I'd rather have a used car than a new one, because then it has a character and maybe needs a little work. Oh and for the record, I would do a full internal clean as soon as I got it home ;)

I think you'd rather have a new 458 than a used one. ;)

Well that's different as it wouldn't have all the colors and options that you'd choose.

Colours and options are things you can change afterwords. For example I buy a brand new Subaru Impreza in metallic blue with gold wheels and the top of the range stereo, there's nothing stopping me from getting an old, used Impreza, painting it blue, buying gold wheels and upgrading the stereo :) And I'll be able to do that for much less too! And probably end up with a better quality sound system...

Anyway we're getting distracted here, nobody has "sat" in the cars on GT5... it's just a game, I couldn't care less if it had 4 miles or 40,000 miles, how many times it's been changed or how many races it's won, so I was looking for insight as to why people even cared. I can see it's sad, nerdy collectors with nothing better to do than collect "0/0/0" cars on a game.

Anyway we're getting distracted here, nobody has "sat" in the cars on GT5... it's just a game, I couldn't care less if it had 4 miles or 40,000 miles, how many times it's been changed or how many races it's won, so I was looking for insight as to why people even cared. I can see it's sad, nerdy collectors with nothing better to do than collect "0/0/0" cars on a game.

Lol yea true. But there are performance factors with 0/0/0 cars and regular OCD cars, for example after so many miles the car actually does permanently loses HP. And yes even after engine overhauls the car won't reach it's truly full potential. That's why even when I want a car I know I'm going to use often and put miles on it, I ask for one that is 0/0/0 first then ask for one that is atleast under 5,000 miles.

Does it? I thought the performance drop was temporary? This would explain why my galactic mileage Nissan Stagea (used it for every eligible race) is a touch slower than my mates Stagea...

If I had the choice I'd rather have a 0/0/0 car to actually use that way I know I'm the first to use it and drive it. So I know that it's stock HP and still can be broken in and such.

Just because it's 0/0/0 doesn't mean it's stock HP and not broken in. The only way to get a car that isn't broken in is from a ticket.

There is already like 3 threads concerning this very subject, you really didn't need to start another one.

sk8tepenguin
Does it? I thought the performance drop was temporary? This would explain why my galactic mileage Nissan Stagea (used it for every eligible race) is a touch slower than my mates Stagea...

Yes that does explain why. After so many miles the car does lose performance, just like a real car. I believe it is after 12,000 miles the cars performance begins to dip south.

@ doctorrg, true, my main point was that you're the first person to use it. It's like a novelty for me. But you are correct.

@ doctorrg, true, my main point was that you're the first person to use it. It's like a novelty for me. But you are correct.

Fair point.

As for me, I prefer the cars I drive to be broken in. If I get a car from a ticket I actually want to drive, I do tend to stick a Bob in it to do an endurance race with before I really start using it myself, same applies for cars from the new car dealership, quite a few of them I got Bob to break in for me. I do collect 0/0/0 cars for trading sake, because these simply do have more value in the marketplace. To me, it really isn't an either or, it's both, as the game has a driving aspect and a collecting/trading aspect.

Whats so good about having a car with 0/0/0 status? I'd rather have a car that's been broken in and needs an oil change than something factory fresh..

It really should be called O/C/D and not 0/0/0 ;)

The fact is there is no performance value in a 0/0/0 car, in fact 0/0/0 cars under perform as they have not gotten the 5% boost in power from a fresh oil change. They also don't get the 3% power boost from a broken in engine (300km-5,000km) - although interestingly enough, the 0km cars sold in the online dealership all come with engines that perform at the same level as those that are broken in... but they still need a fresh oil change to get the 5% boost.

In no way do you need a 0/0/0 car to have an "unmolested" car. Even when trading with someone, it is VERY easy to check a car before they send it to you to be sure it's stock regardless of how many switches it has (which also has no impact on a cars performance).

Basically, there is no benefit to 0/0/0 cars, it's just an obsession some people have, and like most obsessions, trying to understand why is probably a waste of time.... just like the time some people waste collecting and maintaining 0/0/0 cars (as the only way they can use them and keep them at 0/0/0 is to share them and use a different account).... or as some people have admitted, they don't use them at all?!?!

Last edited:
Cowboys965
Collectors. Usually.
They want an "unmolested" car. :lol: it depends, I don't like having worn out cars.

Hahaha, "unmolested"

I would like 0 mileage cars, so i can see how much I have travelled in it.

For the same reason that I have (almost) every Alfa Romeo in GT5, even multiples of, because that's what I wanted. People do strange things for no reason other than because.

umm... it was mentioned alittle while ago in this thread that the number of changes/ switches affects performance. it does...?

umm... it was mentioned alittle while ago in this thread that the number of changes/ switches affects performance. it does...?

No, only mileage can affect performance in this situation, and it has to be very high before you will notice.

It doesnt even matter if a car has 0/0/0, any car can be 'made/created' to have 0/0/0 only if a car has x/0/0 that cannot be modded, the rest can...!

There was a TopGear episode where the guys bought used cars and after a lab test they found tons of nasty stuff on the cars, it was disgusting. I believe it was Hammonds car that had "vaginal liquids" on the seat. Again that's not like it can happen in GT5. :lol:

I'm sure Kaz could patch this in as soon as ''smellovision'' TV's are perfected. Would open a whole new dimension of collecting: used cars for seat sniffing perverts! High mile cars FTW :D

Back