Pro Vitz Series- The Writeup

• Thread starter RVDNuT374
  • 37 comments
United States
Manning, SC
Here i am again to provide coverage of the Pro Vitz series sponsored by Toyota and PD.;) I'm using my Cyan (Citz:lol: ) Vitz that i won from the Amateur Altezza race. Mods are: oil change, race suspension, sport brakes, brake balance controller, racing chip, twin plate clutch, racing flywheel, racing transmission *only needed for Torture Course:lol: *, Full LSD, stage 2 turbo, super slick tires, and lightweight 1. All this gives me 243 HP.

Rome Circuit II- 10 laps

So far my car is handling like a dump truck w/ severe power understeer on corner exit.:P Maybe when the front tires warm up it'll go away. Currently in last place. I appear to be dead even w/ the AI on straightaway speed, but the understeer is killing me. I've started to close in as my front tires are warmed up and the AI's start to fall off.;) The car is still handling like garbage. Tuning before the next race will be required to make the car normal.:P It's taken me a little over 4 laps but i've finally caught up to the backmarker AI cars.:D With pitstops coming up for them i should be able to take the lead easily. At the end of lap 5, 3 of the AI Vitzes pit for new tires. The other 2 should be in this time by.;) I've moved up to 2nd because of the stops. About halfway through lap 6, i finally took the lead from the white AI Vitz. As expected, the 2 other AI Vitzes pit. The power understeer appears to be going away due to better accelerator application.;) As i took the lead, every one of the 65,000 people on hand went nuts.:D The AI may start another run on me due to new rubber. The AI have closed up a bit as their new tires are warmed up. Currently my tires are yellow up front and green in the rear. On lap 9, i turn my fastest lap @ a 1:39.781. There appears to be a good battle for 2nd between the AI Vitzes. Every person watching this race has been standing up from the second the green flag fell due to all the excitement.;) As RVD crosses the start/ finish line, he wins the opening round of the Pro Vitz Series!!:D :cool:

Race Results

1. Vitz 1.5 RS (me)- 16:56.348
2. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 18.145 sec)
3. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 18.874 sec)
4. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 20.252 sec)
5. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 20.938 sec)
6. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 24.558 sec)

Fastest Lap- 1:39.781 (lap 9)

Laguna Seca- 10 laps

As expected i'll adjust the settings to get rid of the power understeer present @ Rome II.;) The problem appears to be solved *for now anyway;) * I'm curently in 5th spot 4.077 sec behind the white AI Vitz. (Witz:lol: ) The AI seem to be very good around this track. (for once:P ) Knowing they have to pit, i should be able to win with ease. So far i haven't been able to make up any ground on the AI, in fact i continue to lose ground as i'm now 7.246 sec back @ the start of lap 4. Coming into turn 5, i got bumped by the black Vitz and ran wide into the dirt dropping me back to 6th place. I'm now over 10 sec back @ the 2nd sector of lap 5. I rammed the Black Vitz about 3-4 times on lap 6 for revenge.:lol: Every AI Vitz pits on lap 6 which will hand the lead to me.:D Even w/ all the ramming i did to the black Vitz, i still turned my fastest lap @ a 1:34.892.:P The AI are starting to close back in on me as their tires come to life. This could be a very good finish. They've got the interval down to 7.512 sec from 9.xxx sec as they came out of the pits. It appears that i'll be able to hold on to the lead unless my car explodes or the AI get magic powers.:rolleyes: The white flag has dropped, one more lap to go for all 6 Toyota Vitzes!:P The AI continue to close in but will run out of time.;) As RVD crosses the line, he wins his 2nd straight Pro Vitz race!:D

Race Results

1. Vitz 1.5 RS (me)- 16:05.125
2. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 6.029 sec)
3. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 7.662 sec)
4. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 8.410 sec)
5. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 9.605 sec)
6. Vitz 1.5 RS- (+ 14.539 sec)

Fastest Lap- 1:34.814 (last lap)

Test Course- 10 laps

Now's the time to see if i really have any stamina as i have to drive my Citz around Tortu...... i mean Test Course.:lol: This is where i'll need the racing transmission so i can easily outrun the AI.;) I'm only running qualifying to check the gearing. Now for the most boring 10 laps in the history of GT3.:P Due to the AI not running a race transmission, they're already 7.608 sec behind @ sector 2. The top speed of my Vitz is only 153 MPH. The AI are only 2:17 behind now, making this a race of not falling asleep.:rolleyes: :lol: It's only a matter of time before i lap the AI;) The most exciting part of the race has just happened as i lapped the AI @ the start of lap 8.:P ;) As RVD's Vitz crosses the finish line, he wins his 3rd straight Pro Vitz race!:D

Race Results

1. Vitz RS 1.5 (me)- 25:54.825
2. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1 lap)
3. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1 lap)
4. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1 lap)
5. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1 lap)
6. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1 lap)

Fastest Lap- 2:33.244 (lap 8)

SSR11 II- 10 laps

Here we are at neon duke's favorite track once again. *j/k;) * With reports of the AI being on fire, i'll have to drive the wheels off the Citz in order to do well.:P But the AI pitstop on lap 5 or 6 should give me the win anyway. I kept the racing transmission in but dropped the auto setting to 25 from 27.;) I'm already over 4 sec back @ sector 2 which spells trouble for me. The Silver Vitz decides to use me for brakes coming into turn 13. Now i've dropped over 11 sec back due to the AI's extreme speed in these little cars. The interval should start to stabilize as their tires fall off and mine come to life.;) Within the next 2 laps the AI should be on pit road for fresh tires. I'm currently in 6th place 12.520 sec back after 3 laps. One AI Vitz pits after only 4 laps on the track. That pitstop moves me up to 5th spot. I've got the interval down to 10.281 sec as their tires are dead and mine are still alive.;) All other AI Vitzes pit on lap 5, handing me the lead.:D I've currently got a 14 sec lead over the AI as lap 8 is about to start. Surprisingly the AI haven't been able to make up much ground on me even on the new tires. *which are turning crap by now:P* The Gold Vitz has taken over 2nd place from the Witz.:P One of the brainless AI Vitzes pits at the end of lap 9. They've started falling back dramatically due to tirewear. All i have to do now is get the Citz over the finish line to win my 4th straight Pro Vitz Race.;) As RVD crosses the line, he wins the 31 mi race of SSR11! *as usual:D*

Race Results

1. Vitz RS 1.5 (me)- 22:52.014
2. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 20.010 sec)
3. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 22.632 sec)
4. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 26.183 sec)
5. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 28.220 sec)
6. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 39.257 sec)

Fastest Lap- 2:14.364

Grand Valley Speedway II- 10 laps

My car peformed better than i expected at SSR11 II.;) I'll leave the settings the same with the exception of bumping the final drive to 4.36 from 4.32. With reports of the AI making 2 pitstops instead of one, i should win this race by miles.;) Surprisngly i haven't fallen back that far even though their tires warm up much faster.:P I'm still in last place 2.105 sec back. It's now one big pack of Vitzes coming through turns 2-3 as one of the AI slid up causing a traffic jam. I've moved up to 2nd as the AI's tires start to wear out. Now that i took over the lead, the Witz bumped me coming into the final hairpin.:P Coming into turn 2, the Gold AI Vitz tries to pass me but slides into the outside wall.:lol: The AI is over 4 sec back @ sector 2 due to bad tires. As expected all AI Vitzes pit after 4 laps. Due to the pitstops, the AI are now 29.287 sec back. They'll keep falling back unless my Citz explodes.;) My car might start pushing as the front tires start to fall off and the rear tires warm up.:P As expected the AI pit once again after lap 8 giving me a gigantic lead of 1:00.109 over the AI Witz.:lol: I should easily win this race.;) AS RVD crosses the line he wins tne Pro Vitz Series championship sponsored by Toyota and PD!:D :cool:

Race Results

1. Vitz RS 1.5 (me)- 22:02.488
2. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1:01.718)
3. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1:04.236)
4. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1:04.356
5. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1:05.979)
6. Vitz RS 1.5- (+ 1:06.611)

Fastest Lap- 2:10.294

I walk away with 67,500 credits and a yellow Altezza Race Car.;)

Settings

Spring Rate: 6.7/11.5
Ride Height: 91/98
Shock Bound: 3/7
Shock Rebound: 6/10
Camber: 2.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0.0/0.0
Stabilizers: 3/7
Brake Balance: 17/24
LSD: 6/11/6
Gear Ratios:

1st: 2.447
2nd:1.710
3rd: 1.276
4th: 0.996
5th: 0.813
6th: 0.695
Final Drive: 4.360
Auto Setting: 25
ASM: 0
TCS:1

Gentle throttle application is highly reccomended for this setup.;)

Thanks for the settings.

I just completed the Vitz series.

Unfortunatly for my troubles, I won another vitz. Now I have a pink and a yellow. Oh the possibilities.

I haven't had real trouble with this cup, until SS11R.
But seeing everyone else's writeups leads me to believe everyone's in the same boat.:)
Currently I'm averaging 2:16's but would like to be doing 2:13's. Is ther anywhere some advise can be found on the lines for this race?

Stay off the walls, almost at any price. In the low-power Vitz, they really slow you down.

RVDNuT374
SSR11 II- 10 laps

Here we are at neon duke's favorite track once again. *j/k;) * With reports of the AI being on fire, i'll have to drive the wheels off the Citz in order to do well.:P But the AI pitstop on lap 5 or 6 should give me the win anyway. I kept the racing transmission in but dropped the auto setting to 25 from 27.;) I'm already over 4 sec back @ sector 2 which spells trouble for me. The Silver Vitz decides to use me for brakes coming into turn 13. Now i've dropped over 11 sec back due to the AI's extreme speed in these little cars. The interval should start to stabilize as their tires fall off and mine come to life.;) Within the next 2 laps the AI should be on pit road for fresh tires. I'm currently in 6th place 12.520 sec back after 3 laps. One AI Vitz pits after only 4 laps on the track. That pitstop moves me up to 5th spot. I've got the interval down to 10.281 sec as their tires are dead and mine are still alive.;) All other AI Vitzes pit on lap 5, handing me the lead.:D I've currently got a 14 sec lead over the AI as lap 8 is about to start. Surprisingly the AI haven't been able to make up much ground on me even on the new tires. *which are turning crap by now:P* The Gold Vitz has taken over 2nd place from the Witz.:P One of the brainless AI Vitzes pits at the end of lap 9. They've started falling back dramatically due to tirewear. All i have to do now is get the Citz over the finish line to win my 4th straight Pro Vitz Race.;) As RVD crosses the line, he wins the 31 mi race of SSR11! *as usual:D*

Race Results

Oh man!!! :scared: You're way too slow to compete with Famine or Kensei 👎 and.... your fastest lap, is way too fast for me, mine is: 2'14.406 :(

phonypoly
Oh man!!! :scared: You're way too slow to compete with Famine or Kensei 👎 and.... your fastest lap, is way too fast for me, mine is: 2'14.406 :(

Why are you such a little prick?

You had to dig a thread up that is over a year old (since the last post) to get in a silly little dig on myself and Famine who only pointed out your issues in another thread with this race.

Keep it in the thread where it started and if you have any balls PM us directly if you have a problem with our suggestions.

Don't dig up old threads to get in your little digs.

phonypoly

I'm sure he's got over it by now.

kensei
Why are you such a little prick?

You had to dig a thread up that is over a year old (since the last post) to get in a silly little dig on myself and Famine who only pointed out your issues in another thread with this race.

He's been doing quite a bit of gravedigging, kensei... :rolleyes: :odd:

I'm not being a lil prick, you bigger ...???? And, i'll repeat it to you, since i'm new here, i'm trying to get as much info as i can. If you don't like my...digging, simply ...stay out of ....the grave, or ...you might fall in!!!I don't need to ear: Oh it was so easy, bla...bla..bla....and you suck...bla..bla...!!! Remarks like that, don't help anyone!! Should i dig some more on your ..remarks??So,... do me a favour,.. 👍 . don't ever reply to any of my questions, ever!! TY! 👍

That's the thing. Some people HAVE to suck. Some people HAVE to be good. Most of us HAVE to be in the middle. That's life.

phonypoly
blahblahblah.gif

Nice... :rolleyes:

phonypoly
I'm not being a lil prick, you bigger ...???? And, i'll repeat it to you, since i'm new here, i'm trying to get as much info as i can. If you don't like my...digging, simply ...stay out of ....the grave, or ...you might fall in!!!I don't need to ear: Oh it was so easy, bla...bla..bla....and you suck...bla..bla...!!! Remarks like that, don't help anyone!! Should i dig some more on your ..remarks??So,... do me a favour,.. 👍 . don't ever reply to any of my questions, ever!! TY! 👍
Look, you actually have dug up an old thread rather than start a new one. That's commendable. We tell people to do that all the time.

But it's not acceptable to just add a little pot shot at a couple of people who know what they're talking about, and who tried to correct some of your bad attitude earlier.

Really, get a clue. I have no desire to punish an eager new member. But I will punish a new member who stirs up trouble because he's a little overexcited to be on the internet.

Settle down a little. Put away the grudge, and become a contributing member, and sooner or later you'll be an old hand too. Clear enough?

RVDNuT374
SSR11 II- 10 laps

Race Results

Hey, i'd love to know the settings you used to win the race(no wall hitting??) 👍

It's not necessary to quote the whole long post to ask a simple question... and maybe, you could have asked it in your first post?

Think first, post second. 👍

Well, that, and the settings are posted in the information at the end of the write up; I'm assuming that those were the ones used for the whole series. I also posted my settings in the Series Race thread, which is somewhat off topic at this point, but since they had been asked, I put them up.

neon_duke
Look, you actually have dug up an old thread rather than start a new one. That's commendable. We tell people to do that all the time.
But it's not acceptable to just add a little pot shot at a couple of people who know what they're talking about, and who tried to correct some of your bad attitude earlier.
Really, get a clue. I have no desire to punish an eager new member. But I will punish a new member who stirs up trouble because he's a little overexcited to be on the internet.
Settle down a little. Put away the grudge, and become a contributing member, and sooner or later you'll be an old hand too. Clear enough?

Mr. Moderator, I don't have a grudge, i simply "treat as i'm treated".If you really look at my questions and some of the replies i got......??? All i'm getting is:: oh, it's all so easy!! You suck....., drop the smiley's and attitude, watch your punctuation and grammar, etc... How's that gonna answer my legitimate questions for game knowledge??I looked up some old Threads, and i can surely see the difference in the way most people used to reply to them! I said it before to some people, and i'm NOT the only one, "if you don't wanna help, please don't bother to reply with down comments", But they just don't get it!! 👎 ty and have a nice...trophy!! 👍

Though, even if the attitude is gone, just drop it, and let things be.

Also, the Edit button is a nice feature, as double posts drive mods insane (trust me, I was a supermod on a completely different forum)

Nothing good comes from trying to look like the lesser of two evils, I assure you.

phonypoly
Mr. Moderator, I don't have a grudge, i simply "treat as i'm treated".If you really look at my questions and some of the replies i got......???
Well, many of them can say they're treating you like you treated them - but there's no point in prolonging this part of the discussion. You seem like you're getting the hang of it and trying to be a little cooler.
👍
Here's my writeup of the Pro Vitz series. Post #13 has my notes on SS R11, and down near the bottom I have some general suggestions and the setup for my car. Hopefully these will help you. Good luck!

Phonypoly. These are the sttings the writer used. I have some concerns in recomending them as they are different to what I normally use, but everyone has a different way to get the best from a car. Looking at them this car is set up for oversteer on corner entry. My sugestions are on the right

Settings

Spring Rate: 6.7/11.5 Rear spring way to hard. Try 5.5 and 6.5
Ride Height: 91/98 Ride height 95 front and back
Shock Bound: 3/7 Dampers 6/6
Shock Rebound: 6/10 7/7
Camber: 2.0/0.0 4.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.0/0.0 0.0/ 0.0
Stabilizers: 3/7 2/3
Brake Balance: 17/24 16/12

LSD: 6/11/6 what you like

Gear Ratios: what you like

1st: 2.447
2nd:1.710
3rd: 1.276
4th: 0.996
5th: 0.813
6th: 0.695
Final Drive: 4.360
Auto Setting: 25
ASM: 0
TCS:1

Hope this helps. Try both and see what you think and try to compare the difference. Welcome your feedback.

phonypoly
Mr. Moderator, I don't have a grudge, i simply "treat as i'm treated".If you really look at my questions and some of the replies i got......??? All i'm getting is:: oh, it's all so easy!! You suck....., drop the smiley's and attitude, watch your punctuation and grammar, etc... How's that gonna answer my legitimate questions for game knowledge??I looked up some old Threads, and i can surely see the difference in the way most people used to reply to them! I said it before to some people, and i'm NOT the only one, "if you don't wanna help, please don't bother to reply with down comments", But they just don't get it!! 👎 ty and have a nice...trophy!! 👍

You have missed the point all together. You need to behave with common courtesy, which you have not in the threads I have seen you posting in. You barge in with all your inane extras in your posts which are hard to read or follow and usually have no point. Then you expect people to bend over backwards and do it your way. When you are called out on it you reply back with little pot shots.

You have brought it all on yourself by your own actions.

I commend you for wanting to learn. This is a great place for that. That being said you need to calm down and try to not to act like some attention seaking little kid who wants to be the center of attention.

Ok - I'll add my experience with SS11r and the pro vitz series

(sorry for the double post but the above one is addressed to a different topic)

Anyway...

I went and bought a brand new Toyota Vitz Euro Edition (J) from the dealer, added all the regular parts and some T2 tires front/back.

Went and got an oil change and at 0.0miles the little car was at 234hp. Only after I got all this done did I look back at the dealer and notice there was a Vitx RS 1.5 (J) model, which is the one most people (including me) always use for the Pro Vitz series. I figure I already had the car ready to go so I'd give it a shot with the less powerful car.

I went to SS11 and did a shot in the dark settings based on how I set up a VW New Bettle 2.0, the only FF car I drive alot. I did my out lap and one qualifying lap with a time of 2'15.713 which got me 6th place, about 2 seconds off of pole. Honestly I expected better but with cold T2s there wasn't much more I could do.

So I went back to the settings and tweaked out my settings as follows;

Spring Rate 6.0/12.0
Ride Height 105/110
Shock Bound 4/4
Shock Rebound 8/8
Camber 2.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.5/0.0
Stabilizers 3/4
Brake Balance 12/24

Initial Torque 5/0
Accel 40/0
Decel 10/0

1st - 2.758
2nd - 1.904
3rd - 1.411
4th - 1.094
5th - 0.888
6th - 0.755
Final - 3.925 (this I adjusted up)
Auto - 27

ASM - 0
TC - 0

The only things I changed from my qualifiying lap was the ride height (raised the car 5mm front, 10mm back), stabilizers (from 7front and 6back) and the Auto and final gear settings. I didn't use the tranny trick.

So off to the races

I started in 6th and got dusted off the line, I spun my wheels as usual. Nothing new there. I passed the 6th place car coming out of the first chicane. I passed the 5th place car at the end of lap 1 (drafted him on the main straight). I stayed ahead of both of them until lap 4 when they magic came right up behind me, both one after another slammed my rear bumper in the 180* corner under the overpass, they both pased me. Out of the next chicane I managed to pull right up on 6th place's bumper, passed him, then 5th, then 4th, then 3rd and got myself into 2nd right on the bumper of the lead car going into the next 180* corner. I passed him and was in 1st coming out of the 2nd 180* in that complex and pulled out a 1.291 seconf gap before the T after that corner. His tires were going off and he, and all the other cars, piled themselves into the wall on the 180* exit. By time I passed the line to begin lap 6 I had a 2.443 gap on the 2nd place car and they all headed to the pits. I let up at that point, saving my tires, the fronts were just turning yellow and the backs were still blue. Knowing FF cars eat tires I was going to save them just incase.

By lap 7 I had a 26.298 gap on second place which I maintained between 24.945 and 27.890 over the rest of the race. By now I let off the gas and was running low 2.15.xxxs laps taking it pretty easy on the tires.

I crossed the line in 1st with a 29.931 gap on 2nd place.

Final results were;

1st - Vitz Euro Edition (J) - 22'43.616
2nd - Vitz RS 1.5 (J) - +29.931
3rd - Vitz RS 1.5 (J) - +31.249
4th - Vitz RS 1.5 (J) - +32.466
5th - Vitz RS 1.5 (J) - +35.345
6th - Vitz RS 1.5 (J) - +36.089

Fastest lap - 2'13.698 (on lap 3)

I didn't pit, I didn't need to. When I crossed the line my front tires were just turning orange and my rears were solid green. If I didn't let off after the start of lap 6 I could have built the gap I had over 2nd up to over 30seconds which would have given me a comfortable margin to pit in and still come out in the lead with around a 5-6second gap back to 2nd. The winning margin would have been around 4seconds probably.

Fun race. I have always liked the Vitz. The first time I played GT3 I started with a Vitz. It was also interesting to drive the less powerful Euro Edition, something I had never done before.

Kensei, thanks for even more settings on the Vitz. Could you be kind enough to post them up in the Vitz settings thread, I don't want to copy and paste anymore on to my already large post over there. I think we should try to get the utilmate Vitz reference tool!! :sly:

Back