80th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours - 16–17 June 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,365 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
x2_d0abe75

:lol:

That is in this weeks Autosport :lol:

As a final treat, i'm going to sign off with a few pics from across the net of the 2012 running of the Le Mans 24 Hours, enjoy :cheers:

fbe8d03bea48914cc471e05a19bea218.jpg

lemans-2012-sat-pm-josh-1.jpg

porsche-gt3-sunset-le-mans-2012-1920x1200.jpg

2012-Audi-R18-Le-Mans-Victory-ultra-1-1280x960.jpg

Le_Mans_61412_Pruett_-773.jpg

0610LeMans_2002FB.jpg

Amazing photos right there. I like the third one with the Porsche and the sunset lighting up the area.

Great. Just need Toyota or another Team to be up there.

If anything happened to one of the Audi, we could have seen the Rebellion up there. I'm pretty sure next year will be the year where the Toyota team will be much more prepared and I think giving more challenge to the Audis...

Am I the only one cross with the #51 for winning? I mean... they participated because the organizers bent the rules. They shouldn't have been allowed to run.

Really enjoyed my stay again at this year Le Mans 24 hours. Even though the race wasn't that exciting there was still enough to see around the weekend. It was my first time camping there (last year was only a weekend trip by touringcar). Not much sleep with all the music, fireworks among other things, but it was fun!
Did any of you find a good video summary of the race though? Still want to see a one as I wasn't always close to a big screen there to see what happened on track. I did however shoot load of photo's, so for those interested you can find them here.
I'm hoping that Toyota will stay on for next year and maybe some other big names (Honda, Nissan?) to join the top class there as well.

I'm guessing atleast 120fps..

edit:
They are talking about 60 in the video..

Last edited:
Am I the only one cross with the #51 for winning? I mean... they participated because the organizers bent the rules. They shouldn't have been allowed to run.

No, they still had to finish 24 hours and beat the competition. Having more cars participate is better than taking cars out before the race has even started.

And I like seeing Fisichella getting some success again. Spa 2009 will never be forgotten! 👍

The Indy section at night is amazing

porshe curves at 109-122 mph was what got me. and yeah, when it comes out of indianpolis the surge from 60mph - 160mph takes like 10 seconds :embarrassed:

Wow, that was properly awesome! I agree with you, I need to drive a race car :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back