New trailer - Acura NSX concept + Seattle

• Thread starter sokira
  • 435 comments
I'm 99% sure Seattle won't have change of time and weather, so why does PD insist on changing the time of day from GT4? In GT4 Seattle had a nice, evening atmosphere, now it's the same sunny day like in almost every other GT5 track. They did the same with Motegi.

It's especially weird because GT5's shadowing problems are most obvious during clear and sunny weather conditions. By leaving the dusk atmosphere, the track could have looked better while adding at least a bit of variety in track atmosphere that GT5 lacks.
And I'm not complaining, just stating what I'd do differently if I was in their position.

I really hope that the mountain photo of the nsx means Ascari circuit is coming to GT (either 5 or 6 only Kazunori will know). As much as Jerez is a nice track I really challenge anyone here to dig up information about how Ascari circuit was created and the layout and surrounding scenery of the track. I bet it will be a fan favourite straight from the moment people try it.:dopey:

Don't you think you're jumping the gun just a little? You see a mountain rock and wonder if it means a track mile away from it is being added? Same for Jerez, it's quite a stretch based on a photo of a mountain.

Don't you think you're jumping the gun just a little? You see a mountain rock and wonder if it means a track mile away from it is being added? Same for Jerez, it's quite a stretch based on a photo of a mountain.

I emphasize the part I said " I really hope" on my post.
If by that you assume I am jumping the gun then "I really hope" you find time on your schedule to answer everyone on this site who hopes for something for this game.

Yes but it was more that you directly linked it to this mountain photo:

"I really hope that the mountain photo of the nsx means Ascari circuit is coming to GT"

It wasn't that you were simply hoping for the track, it was that you thought the mountain photo added any weight to it appearing. That's why I said it was quite a stretch.

The mountain scene reminds me of El Capitan towards the end of the video there was a quick s turn where the scene in the back was just like that track. I might be wrong but I hope not.

I wonder if we'll get both NSX concepts as either DLC or in the future. There are a number of subtle differences between the two, obviously the older concept model won't have an interior (much like the FT-86 II and GT-R Proto), but I'd be okay with that. I like cars with subtle differences and it'd be a shame to see the hard work go to waste.

The mountain scene reminds me of El Capitan towards the end of the video there was a quick s turn where the scene in the back was just like that track. I might be wrong but I hope not.

Which part? The tracks towards the end of the video were Eiger Nordwand and Cape Ring.

Very nice. Based on my research of SSRX, the 'tunnel' could be in SSRX.
As well, I've noticed that the driver is wearing unusual racing gear, which is not in GT5 yet.
1. His helmet is a red/blue Arai Helmet.
2. Main racing gear is by AlpineStars, and have the 'GRAN TURISMO' label on the arm (unusual for AlpineStars suits)
3. Gloves are made by Sparco, and have a blue-ish color.

This trailer really shows some unusual scenes. Hopefully they will be in an update, or GT6.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Very nice. Based on my research of SSRX, the 'tunnel' could be in SSRX.
As well, I've noticed that the driver is wearing unusual racing gear, which is not in GT5 yet.
1. His helmet is a red/blue Arai Helmet.
2. Main racing gear is by AlpineStars, and have the 'GRAN TURISMO' label on the arm (unusual for AlpineStars suits)
3. Gloves are made by Sparco, and have a blue-ish color.

This trailer really shows some unusual scenes. Hopefully they will be in an update, or GT6.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Wow, I just realized all that because you mentioned it. Racing gear isn't too high on my list, but I definitely wouldn't frown upon new suits/helmets. Thanks for the observations!

New helmets and suitsare the last thing GT needs more of.

I agree, suits and helmets are the last thing I'd like more of; we don't need any more. But seeing that there's new clothing gives the impression that the people back at PD are at least doing something. Would I prefer cars or tracks? Yes, of course. But it's not like I'm about to frown upon any DLC or content for the next game, as long as they don't compromise the rest of the game because they were too busy playing dress-up with GT people. Fortunately, with the onslaught of new content we've seen recently, it seems that they're working on more than just clothes.

Last edited:
But seeing that there's new clothing gives the impression that the people back at PD are at least doing something.

Are you serious right now?

You think they just come to the office and don't do anything all day or what?

Are you serious right now?

You think they just come to the office and don't do anything all day or what?

No, I know they work every day they walk into the office.

But I can't tell you how many times I've heard people call PD "lazy" for how long GT5 took despite the incomplete feeling it contains sometimes.

What my comment meant was that, whether for DLC or for GT6, PD are definitely not just going to the office and being "lazy."

In no way whatsoever was I trying to imply that I personally think that PD don't do anything, and if it came across this way, then I apologize. I'm simply stating that all of this content (helmets and clothes included) shows that PD are definitely doing something right now with thoughts toward the future..

Back