Time Trial #55

Your tune isn't completely useless with the new physics Cargo, it's still quicker than the stock tune. Though that could just be me getting used to the track.

Trick seems to carrying speed through Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. Eau Rouge is flat at max downforce, probably is a bit below max too. Liking the combo 👍

At 108th with 2:16.369 2:15.789 for 82nd at the moment, haven't really tried the other one as of yet.

Last edited:
Well I've somehow managed to get 6th place currently at Tsukuba despite using my own tune which certainly still needs work :) I think it's about time I had a proper go at Spa :sly:

Of all the weeks for my wheel to die..

I'm finding the NASCAR cars impossible to control with my DS3, I just power over and spin out.

So yeah going to pass on this one sadly.

Great track choices though, really sad that I can't participate.

I'm finding the NASCAR cars impossible to control with my DS3, I just power over and spin out.

It is possible with the DS3, you just have to be super careful under acceleration, that's the trick. The last chicane is especially annoying to control, lost a couple of tenths there every lap for sure. Up to 46th now with a 2:14.974, I'll leave it until a better tune than Cargo's comes around. Tsukuba time now.

My wheel isn't the same as it used to be I think I'm been to heavy handed and iv punched it a couple time when iv been driving crap lol need me a thrustmaster I think :-)

My wheel isn't the same as it used to be I think I'm been to heavy handed and iv punched it a couple time when iv been driving crap lol need me a thrustmaster I think :-)

Come on - tell me you don't say oh gosh!

Well I didn't until my bloody girlfriend kept saying it over and over again and iv picked it up dam her!!! Lol
Didn't know GT5 said oh gosh...maybe I need to recheck my sound files...:crazy::lol:

I can change that ;)

Yes You Can! Go 4 it Doodle! You have my - and for that matter the Western Hemisphere's - full support! I known you can challenge anyone up there. Will send you a pickled herring with some raw onion (Dutch specialty) once you get there :lol:
But seriously - considering your skills: I know for a fact you can make it into the top 10.👍 :sly:

did about 30 or so Laps with slyightly moded Cargos tune and did a 2:15.797 (111th as of now), me thinks the trick is to drive smoothly trough the corners and no slide that much will have another go at it tomorow after work
EDIT:
for me the full aero tune was faster than the one with added ballast

Yes You Can! Go 4 it Doodle! You have my - and for that matter the Western Hemisphere's - full support! I known you can challenge anyone up there. Will send you a pickled herring with some raw onion (Dutch specialty) once you get there :lol:
But seriously - considering your skills: I know for a fact you can make it into the top 10.👍 :sly:

Put it in his back seat - he'll drive faster to escape it (we got that here in Norway too ;))

It is possible with the DS3, you just have to be super careful under acceleration, that's the trick. The last chicane is especially annoying to control, lost a couple of tenths there every lap for sure.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm sure it's possible.

But I've been driving on a wheel for so long that such delicate techniques have been long since forgotten and I don't have the inclination to relearn them as I'll be replacing my wheel in time :lol:

The bus stop was where I lost a hell of a lot of time, but the entire lap I felt very barely in control so I've deemed it not worth the frustration lol

First time trial I wont be competing.. it's a shame really.

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong I'm sure it's possible.

But I've been driving on a wheel for so long that such delicate techniques have been long since forgotten and I don't have the inclination to relearn them as I'll be replacing my wheel in time :lol:

The bus stop was where I lost a hell of a lot of time, but the entire lap I felt very barely in control so I've deemed it not worth the frustration lol

First time trial I wont be completing.. it's a shame really.

Haha fair enough, no point relearning how to use a DS3 if you'll get your wheel back sometime soon.

It's not quite as bad as the Chevy TT last time, but close :lol: a shame your missing out indeed!

Weirdly, the more difficult car to control, the NASCAR, I'm better at :dopey: Need a tune for the Tsukuba TT methinks.

Found the following (from Adrenaline's site, NASCAR) very interesting.

GTP_Cargorat(Spa)

He posts a tune which I'll try. Mind you it's from 2011, but others also comment on his and theirs.

Cargo;
Alright people, here is my first ever tune for a NASCAR car tuned in specific for use at Spa. This tune was done from scratch and not based from anyone elses tune. Since this is my first attempt at road course tuning, I would like some honest reviews, preferably from people that have experience and understanding of how these cars run. I'd like to see your lap times also. I am pretty satisfied with the setup and am quite happy with my lap times, I'd just like to see what others think. Thanks and feel free to flame away.

Kyle Bush 2011 Toyota Camry
Tires - Racing Soft
Chassis Reinforcement
892hp
Online tune
Track - Spa
No driving aids except ABS 1

AERO 50/70
LSD 20/7/7
RH -12/+10
SR 11.5/10.5
EXT 3/4
COMP 2/2
AR 1/7
CAMBER 1.5/0.5
TOE -0.15/-0.4
BRAKES 4/8
TRANSMISSION
1st 1.903
2nd 1.349
3rd 0.996
4th 0.857
FINAL 4.291
TOP SPEED 211mph with top speed at top at 208mph
So, there you have it. It may look a bit odd to you expert tuners out there but all I can say is it works for me. Any and all reviews welcome. Tips or criticisms also. Thanks.

So I tried this tune out and must say for an older tune this was quit nice. 3 laps and a 2'20 very nice. With a bit of tweaks it could be the tune to use for this challenge. Way to go Adrenaline guess it was in your blood to do this from the start :)

I use a DS3 as well. Try the posted tune from Adrenaline it helps with the spins.

I went a different method for getting the NASCAR to the correct PP. I removed 5 downforce from both the front and the back.

That may seem like suicide, but I find that aero can often give one a false sense of security. In other words, the aerodynamics only work when you're going faster. When you hit a slower speed turn, they are not giving you any benefit and the car tends to get squirrely.

I kind of prefer the car to handle roughly the same all of the time, so I took some away and kept it at the same (rough) ratio by taking the same amount off of each.

Feel free to try it, but it's most likely not for everyone's taste. :)

Edited to add: Pretty much anything can be done with a DS3. I own a wheel, but due to it being inconvenient to set up and take down, I do almost all of my driving with the DS3. It definitely takes practice on events like these TT's with tricky cars/tracks, but it definitely can be adjusted to. You may not get into the top 10, but Gold is always more than do-able.

With that said, though, the adjustment time may be longer for you if you're used to the wheel exclusively.

Last edited:
So I tried this tune out and must say for an older tune this was quit nice. 3 laps and a 2'20 very nice. With a bit of tweaks it could be the tune to use for this challenge. Way to go Adrenaline guess it was in your blood to do this from the start :)[/QUOTE]

Its not Adrenaline's tune, its mine.....and your welcome, glad to see it still works.

So I tried this tune out and must say for an older tune this was quit nice. 3 laps and a 2'20 very nice. With a bit of tweaks it could be the tune to use for this challenge. Way to go Adrenaline guess it was in your blood to do this from the start :)[/QUOTE]

Its not Adrenaline's tune, its mine.....and your welcome, glad to see it still works.

If that was your first tune, I remember it well...lol. Looks like Kaz has brought you a big old get well present with this Nascar TT Cargo...👍

First off-Glad to hear you're well Cargorat/Mitch 👍

While every1 else is perfecting their tunes I thought I'd bang an early 1 in!
I'm by no means a 'tuner' but this was good enough for a 'rough' 2.13.800.

I ran my slightly faster time with 100kg ballast@50 to give a 52/48 weight split.
But found this 51/49 helped car turn in a bit better :crazy:

Good luck people. :)

100_11921.jpg

100_11931.jpg

P.S. transmission is reset to default,final all the way to the left,set gears as per then adjust final again 👍

If that was your first tune, I remember it well...lol. Looks like Kaz has brought you a big old get well present with this Nascar TT Cargo...👍

Lol, yea Johnny, back then I didn't take constructive advice very well. Looking back tho, you were right, and I really appreciated your advice back then and even now. Lets just say I had alot of trying times when I first started tuning.

I took a few shots at this earlier and ended up in the 400's somewhere for now. Had to stop and take a break as I started leaking again, :lol: (a stitch or two busted) Bandaged back up tho and ready to go again tho.👍

Awesome Lap m8! Thx for the tune.

Is your car broken in? Dirty Oil?

I'm getting 746Bhp:crazy:

Brand spanker-no oil change-zero miler.

The top ghost is pulling out on the straights,so either he got a well run-in one or he's using different ballast etc.

Glad it helped 👍
What time d'yu get?
I bet you beat me :)

P.S. I think the tune works on all the yank tanks 👍

Last edited:
Awesome Lap m8! Thx for the tune.

Is your car broken in? Dirty Oil?

I'm getting 746Bhp:crazy:

so different than my set up I was running 892 before i accepted defeat over the low wing setting set my best time @ 830 :dunce:

think pd set the pp too low should have been 590 💡

This is what I was using last night. It is not specifically developed for Spa, but after giving it a run and a few small tweaks its coping pretty well. It is still a work in progress, so don't expect miracles. Its very sure-footed and stable, just a little heavy getting through the slower turns, especially T1.
Its been round the block this car, so fully run in and capable of pushing out 892bhp.
It's a 2010 Dale Earnhardt Jr Impala. I managed a 2:14.282", but capable of so much more with a little refinement.

NASCAR 570pp RH Spa-Francorchamps

Specification
Max Power __________ 775 bhp
Weight _____________ 1664 kg
Performance _________ 570 PP
Tyres ____________ Race Hard
Odometer ___________ 982km

Aero ________________ 50, 62
Ballast _____________ 99 @ 50
Power Level __________ 86.9%

Transmission
1st __________________ 2.538