Time Trial #55

Look out, look out, coming through here!

Improved to 2:17.7, even a tad in front of Killer now.

But that darned Rat is blocking my view up ahead, in the lead by 1:3 secs.

Oh, if I could have achieved a 1:17 in TT54.

OK. We've raced and gotten our times and compared them to the top 256 drivers at the head of the pack. (They're so far ahead....) So, what do our times really mean? If I wind up in 3534th position, how many drivers are slower than me? If I knew that, I could figure out where I stand in comparison to all the other drivers in this event.

Is there is a way to know how many drivers participate in a time-trial at any given moment?

Am I the only one wondering about this?

I managed to squeeze 40 mins on this last night between getting home from work and then having to go out for dinner with a customer... 1st impressions are it's going to be a tricky one!

I didn't do much with the tune other an oil change, max aero, add some ballast and have a guess at the gears... feels like it's going to need less than max aero to be competitive.

I'm going to give it a proper run later... Spa has to be the 2nd best track in the World after the 'Ring... just such a wonderful flow to it :)

I managed to squeeze 40 mins on this last night between getting home from work and then having to go out for dinner with a customer... 1st impressions are it's going to be a tricky one!

I didn't do much with the tune other an oil change, max aero, add some ballast and have a guess at the gears... feels like it's going to need less than max aero to be competitive.

I'm going to give it a proper run later... Spa has to be the 2nd best track in the World after the 'Ring... just such a wonderful flow to it :)

Hi Stotty, any advice on the second corner as I am constantly going in the red. If not in the red then the ghost I am chasing pulls away from me by some considerable distance which is very annoying!

OK. We've raced and gotten our times and compared them to the top 256 drivers at the head of the pack. (They're so far ahead....) So, what do our times really mean? If I wind up in 3534th position, how many drivers are slower than me? If I knew that, I could figure out where I stand in comparison to all the other drivers in this event.

Is there is a way to know how many drivers participate in a time-trial at any given moment?

Am I the only one wondering about this?

Don't think you can tell how many have entered whilst the TT is active but once it's completed you can find out by visiting MyGranTurismo When you open a particular TT, in between the header/filters and the actual table of results you can see the the total number of results recorded. For example 78,279 people recorded a time in the Corvette seasonal

Don't think you can tell how many have entered whilst the TT is active but once it's completed you can find out by visiting MyGranTurismo When you open a particular TT, in between the header/filters and the actual table of results you can see the the total number of results recorded. For example 78,279 people recorded a time in the Corvette seasonal

Wow, I beat over 77,000 people. I'll sleep better tonight.

You, sir, are absolutely 100% correct.

Now to pull put the ol ds3 and see how ticked off I can get from not being able to control this beast.

Then use your own.

What wonderful advice. I do use my own. I also like to experiment with what others are doing. Thanks again for the wonderful tip. I don't suppose you have an answer to the question. Or do you maybe and not wish to share? Regardless, I generally bypass your tunes, thanks for the permission to continue doing so.

Look out, look out, coming through here!

Improved to 2:17.7, even a tad in front of Killer now.

But that darned Rat is blocking my view up ahead, in the lead by 1:3 secs.

Oh, if I could have achieved a 1:17 in TT54.

Give it up my friend, you ain't going to catch me. Even with a body full of stitches, I simply won't let it happen.:sly:

Hi Stotty, any advice on the second corner as I am constantly going in the red. If not in the red then the ghost I am chasing pulls away from me by some considerable distance which is very annoying!

Do you mean Eau Rouge; the left-right-left at the bottom of the hill?

If you do, take a big cut on the inside of the 1st part, then immediately turn right for the 2nd apex, then let the car straighten... I'm guessing you're running wide on the final part... best idea is to watch a replay from the top 10 and see how they do it... and then try and follow their ghost at a couple of car lengths distance and see if you can match their line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had an hour... what an absolutely fabulous track/car combination... challenging, but not silly difficult.

I'm pretty surprised how quickly I got to grips with this one - I was running 2'14's and wondering how a 2'12 was even doable, then as I got the feel for the car and grip levels the time dropped quite quickly in 0.5 chunks over just 15 laps (2'14.3 - 2'13.8 - 2'13.3 - 2'12.8).

Here's my 1st cut tune (currently 8th on 2'12.888)...

2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Impala (1st unused one I found in my garage)

Parts
Oil change
Chassis reinforcement - I know I always say don't use this, but I tested the 2011 Impala without it 1st, then jumped in the 2010 with exactly the same set up everywhere else and it felt better with chassis reinforcement. I will go and test again without later... might be there's a super sweet spot of ballast/positioning/rear aero/chassis stengthening/no chassis strengthening to create the best grip/balance combo... as it is, the car feels to have a lovely balance to me... very neutral.

200kg ballast at pos 25
Aero 50 62
Power limiter 94.2%

Makes 815bhp at 1,765kg for 570ppts

Settings
Ride -25 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0
Toe +0.10 +0.15

LSD 7 10 5

Brakes 5 5

A higher rear bias does make trail braking in to turn 1 a bit easier, but can result in 'brake release oversteer' in to some of the faster entries... see what you feel comfortable with.

Gears (reset to default, set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears & final)
1st 3.047
2nd 2.318
3rd 1.869
4th 1.571
Final 2.491

Suspension was my standard starting adjustments (for a FR car with aero) before I'd even driven the car and I haven't been back to them at all yet... so I'll be looking at spring/damper/camber/toe/ARB rates when I have my next run.

Few tips as I'm sure my lap will be out of the top 10 soon enough...

There's a lot of coasting to do on this one... brake early, bit of trail braking, COAST, make sure the car isn't understeering, then pick up the throttle VERY GENTLY/SMOOTHLY :lol:

Eau Rouge is flat - though not necessarily every lap :D

1st gear on entry to Les Combes, hold this to the 2nd apex, then change up to 2nd (stops the car running wide on the left part).

1st gear for Bruxelles entry, quick change to 2nd, then down to 1st again for turn in to the left hander... then up to 2nd before the apex.

2nd for Pouhon entry, 3rd once the car has turned and is settled.

1st for Fagnes entry, hold this to 2nd part of the complex... take 2nd on the exit.

1st for entry to Stavelot, 2nd on the kerbing... you need to feather the throttle through the 2nd part of Stavelot and run slightly wide on the exit.

Obviously a lot of this is part throttle or the car spins - Like the Vette at Deep Forest, I really don't envy the DS3 boys on this one :lol:

I expect mid/low 11's form the Aliens with a good tune... top time is running more aero than my set up as I can catch him on the run to Les Combes, and have been ahead of him on the exit.

Good luck and enjoy 👍

Last edited:
...clipped...Obviously a lot of this is part throttle or the car spins - Like the Vette at Deep Forest, I really don't envy the DS3 boys on this one :lol:

You're not kidding Stotty, it's times like this I wish I were a Doodlemonopoly :lol: . I'm losing so much time because I can't modulate the throttle properly. Think the best I have in me is a low-mid 1:15 but even that seems a million miles off right now :(

If you do, take a big cut on the inside of the 1st part, then immediately turn right for the 2nd apex, then let the car straighten... I'm guessing you're running wide on the final part... best idea is to watch a replay from the top 10 and see how they do it... and then try and follow their ghost at a couple of car lengths distance and see if you can match their line.

Just had an hour... what an absolutely fabulous track/car combination... challenging, but not silly difficult.

I'm pretty surprised how quickly I got to grips with this one - I was running 2'14's and wondering how a 2'12 was even doable, then as I got the feel for the car and grip levels the time dropped quite quickly in 0.5 chunks over just 15 laps (2'14.3 - 2'13.8 - 2'13.3 - 2'12.8).

Parts
Oil change
Chassis reinforcement - I know I always say don't use this, but I tested the 2011 Impala without it 1st, then jumped in the 2010 with exactly the same set up everywhere else and it felt better with chassis reinforcement. I will go and test again without later... might be there's a super sweet spot of ballast/positioning/rear aero/chassis stengthening/no chassis strengthening to create the best grip/balance combo... as it is, the car feels to have a lovely balance to me... very neutral.

200kg ballast at pos 25
Aero 50 62
Power limiter 94.2%

Settings
Ride -25 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0

LSD 7 10 5

Brakes 5 5

A higher rear bias does make trail braking in to turn 1 a bit easier, but can result in 'brake release oversteer' in to some of the faster entries... see what you feel comfortable with.

Gears (reset to default, set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears & final)
1st 3.047
2nd 2.318
3rd 1.869
4th 1.571
Final 2.491

Suspension was my standard starting adjustments (for a FR car with aero) before I'd even driven the car and I haven't been back to them at all yet... so I'll be looking at spring/damper/camber/toe/ARB rates when I have my next run.

There's a lot of coasting to do on this one... brake early, bit of trail braking, COAST, make sure the car isn't understeering, then pick up the throttle VERY GENTLY/SMOOTHLY :lol:

1st gear on entry to Les Combes, hold this to the 2nd apex, then change up to 2nd (stops the car running wide on the left part).

1st gear for Bruxelles entry, quick change to 2nd, then down to 1st again for turn in to the left hander... then up to 2nd before the apex.

1st for Fagnes entry, hold this to 2nd part of the complex... take 2nd on the exit.

1st for entry to Stavelot, 2nd on the kerbing... you need to feather the throttle through the 2nd part of Stavelot and run slightly wide on the exit.

Obviously a lot of this is part throttle or the car spins - Like the Vette at Deep Forest, I really don't envy the DS3 boys on this one :lol:

I expect mid/low 11's form the Aliens with a good tune... top time is running more aero than my set up as I can catch him on the run to Les Combes, and have been ahead of him on the exit.

Good luck and enjoy 👍

Thanks for the advice Stotty I will download your ghost as you are in the top 10 and try your tune. At the moment I am using Numbnut's tune, it feels ok. Great Time by the way

ps: what about the toe angle?

Last edited:
Ran the Supra 3.0 last night took me alittle bit to get gold. (stock ran 1.12.508 and tuned ran 1.11.408 both were sliding around corners even taking it slow). Tried the Miata first run tuned got me under 1.11.3XX. Not to bad might try some other cars tonight and see if i can get the cars alittle faster.

For the DS3 boys... if it gets too frustrating I'd stick TC on 5... it's there asa safety net then for when you slight get your thumb positioning wrong.

great setup Stotty! thanx... but TOE? :)

Err, good spot... editted original post :D

For the DS3 boys... if it gets too frustrating I'd stick TC on 5... it's there asa safety net then for when you slight get your thumb positioning wrong.

Thanks Stotty 👍, I'll try a few runs later with it on and see if it helps :)

Got the gold a Tsukuba with my Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83. Car is a fun drive but don't think it really has what it takes to be a real contender.
Going to start trying some others out now and see if I can find a more serious challenger.:drool:

how can you tuning that car to get the gold? i just got bronze. :)

Parts
Oil change

200kg ballast at pos 25
Aero 50 62
Power limiter 94.2%

Settings
Ride -25 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0
Toe +0.10 +0.15

LSD 7 10 5

Brakes 5 5

1st 3.047
2nd 2.318
3rd 1.869
4th 1.571
Final 2.491

Good luck and enjoy 👍

Just about to try your tune :) I hope it works as well as you last ;)

What wonderful advice. I do use my own. I also like to experiment with what others are doing. Thanks again for the wonderful tip. I don't suppose you have an answer to the question. Or do you maybe and not wish to share? Regardless, I generally bypass your tunes, thanks for the permission to continue doing so.

Then don't be such a 🤬 when people share their settings. Just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out, doesn't mean you're justified to whine like a baby about it.

I use a simple transmission for road courses which is calculated RPM drops in every gear, so that the car never exits the 7000-9000 rpm range, which is max Tq/Hp respectively in NASCAR. Unfortunately I can't say whether that is beneficial or not on hard tires.

Of course you skip my tunes, because they're not made for people who think SRF is more realistic. :rolleyes:

Awesome lap Stotty!

Thanks for the tune Bandit,

My cars are so slow :tears: (maybe its not my car :(:(:( )

Last edited:
how can you tuning that car to get the gold? i just got bronze. :)

You should try the miata. I just threw on power parts, full weight reduction, and all other parts. Got gold after figuring out how to drive on ice. Few tweaks later I'm in the 1:10.6XX's 3033rd overall:crazy::ouch:

PS welcome to :gtpflag:

Now so I dont double post.

As you can see in my sig I'm in to drag racing. Does anyone have a few tips to get the front end of the Miata to grip a little in the turns? I'm having no problem getting the power down or spinning out. Just some bad understeer.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Just about to try your tune :) I hope it works as well as you last ;)

hi stotty i'm michele, i've tryed to add you to my friends, but u have too much friends... i like your setups and mine are not so bad... was just to try our setup and talk about that... have a good day and bravo for SPA

hi stotty i'm michele, i've tryed to add you to my friends, but u have too much friends... i like your setups and mine are not so bad... was just to try our setup and talk about that... have a good day and bravo for SPA

Hi Michele... made some room and sent you a FR 👍

My name is Chris BTW

Hi Michele... made some room and sent you a FR 👍

My name is Chris BTW

Just for reference you can all call me John :) Michele I noticed you had a good time around Tsukuba, I got stuck on the setup so only on a 1:07.0 at the moment :)

Just for reference you can all call me John :) Michele I noticed you had a good time around Tsukuba, I got stuck on the setup so only on a 1:07.0 at the moment :)

Not in the 6's yet John ;)

I'm trying with the Eunos, but it's tricky to tune.... loads of understeer on the way in, loads of oversteer on the way out... 1'06.917 for 15th ATM... full drift through the last turn :D

Looks like B4NN4MI is using low front high rear (ie; very high)... I've used that before (Elise at Auyumn Ring) and Yinato used it on the GT86 at GV... gonna give it a go and see what it's like.

Back