Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Looking at the history of PD, they are not that smart. I wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you.

They hyped the hell out of all of us with GT5, and I think there are many who agree with me when I say that it was a big letdown in the end.

And now you see that they've seem to learn their lesson from that, considering they only officially announced GT6 8 months before release.

And :lol: @ RACECAR

Wait the exp system is gone in GT6?! Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! I hated that system.

I just read it myself. Thank lord its gone, meaning all cars, license tests, and events won't get locked down. W00T, I too hated it.

Interviewer:
"Will progress online carry over to your single-player campaign in any way?"

Kazunori Yamauchi:
"The experience system doesn't exist in GT 6, but that system where you still receive some sort of reward for online racing is probably still going to be there."

TokoTurismo
I just read it myself. Thank lord its gone, meaning all cars, license tests, and events won't get locked down. W00T, I too hated it.

Well they could take the old GT formula and lock the events by license.

GASP! No, please don't. I'll like it if all the events were all unlock for us to enter. Much better that way, yes? :)

Whats wrong with that? Its exactly what we did before and everyone was just fine with that. Sure you always had that one license test that frustraited you but once you aced all of them, You could enter whatever you want AND it was by far faster then that tiring EXP system.

Whats wrong with that? Its exactly what we did before and everyone was just fine with that. Sure you always had that one license test that frustraited you but once you aced all of them, You could enter whatever you want AND it was by far faster then that tiring EXP system.

Plus, something has to be locked for the A-Spec mode to have some shape.

I'm all for PD giving us as much options as possible so that anyone can play the game anyway they want, but without requirements and unlocks it's hard to get a sense of progress. Licenses gave a great sense of achievement and were pretty useful, although they could also be very annoying from time to time. You could get them in Bronze rank though, and that's VEEEEERY easy, shouldn't be a real obstacle for anyone.

An idea: What if they ran leaderboards for the license tests much like they did with GT Academy and with GT5P? It would add some fun to it!

And, finally: Because traditional GT. There, licenses.

I know, but what about those who don't want to do them? Sure its worthly to learn the basics of driving and gaining access to other events, but I believe it be better if players had a choice to do them. It make them jelly to see your stats that you ace all licenses and look like a pro with the S License in your stats. :)

But I wouldn't disagree that it kinda be useful, haha. :P

Needing a license to enter the tougher events is the heart and soul of GT to me. If they are designed as well as previous GT games, the average person should be able to get Bronze on all tests with a little bit of effort.

I know, but what about those who don't want to do them? Sure its worthly to learn the basics of driving and gaining access to other events, but I believe it be better if players had a choice to do them. It make them jelly to see your stats that you ace all licenses and look like a pro with the S License in your stats. :)

But I wouldn't disagree that it kinda be useful, haha. :P

Thing is, aren't people already doing that outside video games AND with other games? When haven't there been people who seem so easily upset by someone's accomplishments?

Thing is, aren't people already doing that outside video games AND with other games? When haven't there been people who seem so easily upset by someone's accomplishments?

Hmm, guess you're on that. Then again, I haven't heard anyone get upset with others accomplishments, and wasn't that much of a big deal.

I thought about it and said sure, why not after reading you and others posts regarding Licenses.

Needing a license to enter the tougher events is the heart and soul of GT to me. If they are designed as well as previous GT games, the average person should be able to get Bronze on all tests with a little bit of effort.

But the biggest problem with Licenses in GT5 is that there isn't a learning curve. Heavy petrolheads and entusiasts didn't care, but the average guy gets very frustated to get bronzes in National B, some silvers and golds in Internacional C and, say, seven golds on Super License, wich is ridiculously easy.

To enforce people to do the licenses again you have to make them appealing, and by that I mean not just giving cars or credits. You have to make kind a statement: "here, you will have to deal with this tests, but I promiss to you that they will make you a better driver and give you a better knowledge to cope with the races. The first one is easy, but as further you go, harder they get". Otherwise, for many gamers, It's just a pain in the a**.

Shame. All they had to do was add in the ability to lose EXP points for mediocre racing fairly and the EXP would've been a very good system to judge driving skill of online racers.

But the biggest problem with Licenses in GT5 is that there isn't a learning curve. Heavy petrolheads and entusiasts didn't care, but the average guy gets very frustated to get bronzes in National B, some silvers and golds in Internacional C and, say, seven golds on Super License, wich is ridiculously easy.

To enforce people to do the licenses again you have to make them appealing, and by that I mean not just giving cars or credits. You have to make kind a statement: "here, you will have to deal with this tests, but I promiss to you that they will make you a better driver and give you a better knowledge to cope with the races. The first one is easy, but as further you go, harder they get". Otherwise, for many gamers, It's just a pain in the a**.

Yes, many people never did pass the A License or even the B License in the first GT, from what I can remember. I didn't get the IA License in that game until I was older and went back to it after GT2 came out. :lol: Still loved the game though.

The required license tests were always a great learning tool, and generally, if you couldn't pass them you probably would not have done well in the events that required them anyway. The most powerful car in the game shouldn't help you if you're just driving all across the track and spinning at every corner exit. The game essentially makes you go back to the license tests with the aim of beating them, and you become better at driving as a result.

I don't think he's saying license should be like in GT5, I think he's saying they should be like they were before GT5.

Licenses should mirror what gtacademy finalists have to do/learn from a diving perspective. It should include more tests where the testee (ooh err) races against other cars where contact is prohibited. Start off in karts and low powered road cars and work your way up to an F1 car for the final tests.

Licenses should mirror what gtacademy finalists have to do/learn from a diving perspective. It should include more tests where the testee (ooh err) races against other cars where contact is prohibited. Start off in karts and low powered road cars and work your way up to an F1 car for the final tests.

If you're wanting "FINALIST" type tests, then Gran Turismo will cease to be accessible to the general public. That would be incredibly stupid considering how much money is involved in creating the game and how much to be made is at stake. Consider the total number of participants who logged a time (a simple legal lap) to the number of "finalists".

The 'game' still has to be 'fun'.

I was quite happy not having to do all those licences again. I liked the xp system, simply becourse it didn't feel as restricting. I could start racing right away. After playing the previous GT games i feel i have taken those licences enough times.

They could maybe redesign it and make licenses give you certain items.

I would like to see a bigger GT racecar focus. Especialy since we now get a more complete GT field with SLS, Corvette, Viper, R8, etc.

PD Revealed they watch how people play the game. Obviously they're listening as well. Maybe the license tests will be one big GT Academy.

Plus to measure someone online skill, something like a crashes into other cars percentage would have to be put in place

To answear that, i will quote an older post i posted in another thread:

GT6 will never come to ps4 and vita lol. I guess for a vita title, they will rather do an exclusive gran turismo title for it as it was for the psp. For ps4, it was already confirmed that they will work on a GT7 for the ps4. And I don't understand that: what is wrong with the people saying they want a GT6 for ps4??? That will take lots of time to turn a verrry optimised ps3 game into a ps4 game and upgrade it a little bit with some resources? Don't you want they first take their time to make a verrrrry optimised ps4 game that will beat every other racing game? You want to have the same game on ps4 after about 1 year? PD are pros and they will not release a gran turismo that doesn't exploit the full potential of its console.

Right,regarding vision GT,I'm mostly excited by Bertone and Zagato the most,getting concepts from these two will be something I'm very interested in.

I would like to see a bigger GT racecar focus. Especialy since we now get a more complete GT field with SLS, Corvette, Viper, R8, etc.
Yes. 👍

PD Revealed they watch how people play the game. Obviously they're listening too. Maybe the license tests will be one big GT Academy.
This is what I'm hoping too. In fact, I'm hopeful that Career Mode takes this form as well - not GT Mode but a separate mode entirely. And I also want Season Mode, which lets you race for a "Season" of whatever length in the league of your choice for a championship.

And dittos to what CodeName said. Cars and tracks aside, Polyphony needs to start with a clean slate and think of what car dreams they want realized for GT7. And the PS4 is a freaking huge, powerful slate. I can hardly wait. :D

Well, looks like it needs to be posted here too:

The Gamescom build is in Toronto for the weekend, at FanExpo. For those in the area, it might be the only chance to try it for a while... I believe it's open late today, and until 5pm tomorrow.

Back