The Photography Thread

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 3,605 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Alabama
Post all of your photos that you have taken!

I just got a new digital camera (HP Photosmart 733 3.2MP) and I really want to get into photography. I took the camera out this morning and decided to take a couple of "good" shots. Comments and critique please.

The only thing I did to these photos was to resize them from 2048x1536 to 800x600 except for the last image which I used the clone stamp tool to get rid of a white support for the tree..

Please enjoy.

Camera
HP Photosmart 733 3.2MP

bridget1preview.jpg

bridget2preview.jpg

lonely_treepreviewjpg.jpg

A failed water compo attempt.

I still like it though.

Attachments

• Picture 542a.jpg
    Picture 542a.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 153
Ok, I decided to try my hand at some long exposure shots tonight. Here are the results.

glowstick1preview.jpg

glowstick2preview.jpg

glowstick3preview.jpg

glowstick4preview.jpg

Comments and critique please.

Got to love those long exposured shots.

Here are a few of mine.

kikkoman-longexp1.JPG

kikkoman-longexp2.JPG

kikkoman-longexp3.JPG

Err, it wasn't intentional though, I just took photos randomly while being in the passenger side of a car with worn out shock absorbers.

Pretty happy with the experimental results though.

Any comments people? Tell me if you want to see some shots I took in the city a while ago and I'll post them.

ITR, one thing I might suggest is messing with the depth of field, and using the macro setting on your camera when taking close up shots. In some of the pics it looks like you camera isn't focusing towards the flower. I'll have my shots up soon once I load them into gallery :)

ITR here is what I'm talking about:

In this first shot everything in the front is blurry but the background is in focus, this is because I manually adjusted the aperture. I'm not sure if your camera can do this, generally if you want to make sure your camera is focused place the center of your camera on what you want to photograph and push the button half way down, this will lock the focus and pushing it down fully will take the picture, sometimes you can lock the photo up close then take a picture of something if you want the background to be blurry or vice versa.
aperature1.jpg

In this picture, I've re adjusted it and everything is more clear both foreground and bacground but the foreground is still slightly blurry
aperature2.jpg

Now since we are trying to take a pic of the flower and dont care about anything else I turn on the macro feature, and all the details jump out :)
Macro.jpg

Thanks. My camera does have the macro setting and I did use it for every picture of a flower (I think I did it on the last set...can't remember). I'm not really understanding this apurture thing. Got any links on an explination?

Your aperture determines how much light gets in, the lower the number, the bigger the opening and more light gets in, the opposite for a higher number

172waterfall16.jpg

A photo I took near Portland, Oregon. A place called multnomah falls. This is just part of it. The actual falls are 620 feet up. I walked 1 mile uphill, back and forth, in 100+ degree weather, to get to the top, it was exhausting.

I took a good picture of the scenery from the top, actually I took a lot of pictures, but this one's best. I really need a 6mp camera or something, lol.
172waterfall6.jpg

I have a picture of a sunset from Hawaii i'll get it up in a bit.

Sunset in Maui

Sunrise on a summit of some mountain in Maui, it was freezing so you better like it.

After the sun rose I took a picture of the clouds and mountains

Here's some of my pics. I just chose random ones.

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02638.jpg

2a.jpg

Here's some pics from when I was over seas last year.

Nagasaki, Japan
CarlMikeyValencia.jpg

Phillipines
Phillipines.jpg

View from the ship
AftView.jpg

Harrier5.jpg

In the back of a Hum V
RidetoAirportSetups.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back