Forza will whoop GT4's a$$ escpecially online........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egghead
:)

Sorry, completely offtopic now and in dutch, it won't happen again :

Ik heb wat kleine dingen voor pu gedaan, niks noemenswaardig. Voor Gamequest heb ik wat dingen getikt en voor gamesen heel veel. En af en toe wat meningen voor magazines en heb heel wat contacten (oa Niels 't Hooft / Jurjen enzo).

Well. That's it. :)

Ah ok 👍

Some utter ****ey posts, biased opinions a go go!

It kinda works like this for alot of people "I hate forza, because I own only a ps2, and it sickens me that this game may actually give GT4 a very close run for it's money". Me? I'm happy, more good racing games for meeeee :D. If it turns out better then GT4 (and with the stuff I've read about it, this is very possible), ace, I'll buy it, and I'll buy Gt4 too anyway.

GT4 has enough features to make hands numb. Guess that makes Forza look dumb.

ahh john, using your insider knowledge, I would LOVE to know how you came to this geni-arse conclusion. BTW, please, NEVER do a poem again, my sanity can only take so much abuse.

PD need a kick up the arse imo, they need to start to inject some FUN into their games. I hope this encourages them.

Egghead, since your in the press, shouldn't you be encouraging games using the title GT beater to get more people to read what you have to say, it's comments like that true or not that get peoples attention and the media use them all the time. Just a thought, I'm in no way saying your not in the press so please don't rake it that I'm saying that, but I wouldve thought thats how you'd work being in the press.

live4speed
Egghead, since your in the press, shouldn't you be encouraging games using the title GT beater to get more people to read what you have to say, it's comments like that true or not that get peoples attention and the media use them all the time.

You are exactly saying "the problem". Every racer claims to be the GT beater but when "we" see the almost completed beta we can't say that it's a GT beater. Alot of guys keep hyping the game even if they have the beta and know it sucks.

Remember, 90% of the preveiws are based on beta discs/alphas. Most of the time you can judge a game perfectly on a beta but sometimes you can't. It's rare, but yes, sometimes a game is 100% better or worser then the beta.

Example

Driver 3 looked good 1 year ago. It was in a alpha phase and it looked like they could make alot of it. But they didn't. The last beta version is the same as the retail version. We can't be positive about THAT. We only can be positive about beta's / gold games which are good / which look good. And we all know that the gaming industry means $$$$$$$$$$$ but the quality isn't as good as it was before.

And when there comes a good game withour blood or Cars people will not buy it. I will name 3 games ; ICO (Probably the best game ever), REZ and Beyond Good and Evil.

You, as a "important person for the Gamebizzzzzzz" can tell what you want but if there isn't blood, cars or foks in the game it won't sell. It's a shame.

I'm not a person who is going to post some happy s h it about a butt game, no, i;m sating it sucks. Even if it's GT4...

Why cant u guys just ignore idiots trying to start a flamewar 👍 Who in their right mind goes to the granturismo section of a forum knowing everyone here is a hardcore fan of the GT series and says that FOrza is gonna own gt4.. :dunce:

or just get excited about both, as well as the rest of the racing games that have any promise.

Several points that don't matter:

Graphics-if you're looking at the other cars and not braking points, you're going too slow

Cost of online play-if you can't afford $5 a month, you shouldn't be buying video games, you should be saving that money

Amount of cars-both games have over 100 cars, I believe over 200, thats alot of frappin cars

Developer-"I pledge allegiance to PD and the GT series as a whole"<---y'all are dorky for acting like that. Its a video game. If you are that loyal they won't worry about trying new things to advance the series

Overall, Im looking forward to getting both, Ive already paid for them and own both systems, so by having an open mind I will be truly enjoying this winter.

Lol, why you all worry so much? Lets just wait for both games to be released and enjoy them for what they have to offer. I´m just so happy we get a lot of good racing games this year, I could care less if Forza and Enthusia are trying to beat GT4... Only makes racing games improve, good for us.

yeesh. The same crap brought to the table every time.

How about we all just pretend forza doesn't exist, kill all threads related to it (at least in the GT4 section, because, lets face it, posting a forza thread in the GT4 section is almost masochistic) and wait for the ****ing games to come out.

All the people that bash Forza are the ones that truly don't WANT to like it, so there's just no way of successfully arguing the point.

That "Ms games have teh noooo soul" bull**** just gives me indigestion. The cloning argument is also borderline retarded. It's a racing game, that feature realistic (ish?) physics, and you can modify your car. The way some of you put it, should there should be only one rpg? One shooter? One action game? Don't even get me started about how all the innovative games are usually released by Nintendo and Sega, yet people think the PS2 (not even the developers, but the console itself!) is a magical hotbed of innovation and "soul".

Sorry for the rant. People are so thick.

-Gran Turismo 4
Share your driving style, tuning tips, strategies, and more! General discussion about GT4 and GT4 Prologue.
-Xbox
Discuss all the latest xBox games. -> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

I don´t know the reasons of all the new users trying to confront continually the two games in this section of the forum. There´s a specific Xbox forum in this GT site, give it use.

Why not move all the Forza threads to Xbox forum and end all this not GT4 related discussions? if I search Forza information or Forza fan discussions and comparisons will go there.

WHAT!!! POST FORZA THREADS IN THE XBOX FORUM!!! GASP!! BUT zer0, that would make sense, why ever would they want to do that, sigh :(

As said before.

And there's only 1 game that even comes close to GT4.
Enthusia.

It's got the same looking graphics (realistic)
Awesome cars
real-life tracks
and more.

YES, Forza has this, but Enthusia's goal is to be a GT BEATER, and from the looks SO FAR, it has a good chance. Enthusia is going to be a bigger competitor, IMO, is b/c Forza will make alot of money on the XBOX-only owners. But PS2 owners have got a choice now. Which will they chose? They decide.

Mclaren, we don't all earn 4p a year, I'm sure most people will just get all 3, or both gt4 and enthusia if they own only a ps2. I'm quite sure that forza will sell well with people who own both machines, hell I'll be getting both.

ATM I couldn't really give a toss about enthusia, I know nothing about it, have only seen one vid (which looked ok), and that's it. So before I draw judgement, I'll wait till I've not only seen more, but played all 3.

McLaren F1GTR
As said before.

And there's only 1 game that even comes close to GT4.
Enthusia.

It's got the same looking graphics (realistic)
Awesome cars
real-life tracks
and more.

YES, Forza has this, but Enthusia's goal is to be a GT BEATER, and from the looks SO FAR, it has a good chance
I agree. Many people saw the Enthusia trailer with skepticism, but, after some serious analysis, you can see a huge differential in Enthusia: the suspension work is very refined, even more than GT. That's what got me interested. Check the Quicktime trailer at www.gametrailers.com and go frame-by-frame at the Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero jump... the suspension physics in excellent and car behaviour is great too. The same happens a few seconds later with the VW Touareg.
With the GT-R and RUF RGT, you can see the car body rolling over the wheels, suggesting an advanced suspension development.

Even if Enthusia is not THAT good, I'm gonna get it because of the off-road racing. That's something that could be considered by PD...

fporto_br
I agree. Many people saw the Enthusia trailer with skepticism, but, after some serious analysis, you can see a huge differential in Enthusia: the suspension work is very refined, even more than GT. That's what got me interested. Check the Quicktime trailer at www.gametrailers.com and go frame-by-frame at the Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero jump... the suspension physics in excellent and car behaviour is great too. The same happens a few seconds later with the VW Touareg.
With the GT-R and RUF RGT, you can see the car body rolling over the wheels, suggesting an advanced suspension development.

Even if Enthusia is not THAT good, I'm gonna get it because of the off-road racing. That's something that could be considered by PD...
Yeah the body roll and suspension looks great in the enthusia trailer although GT4's body movement also looks great (skyline on nurb). Btw, when you see that mitsubishi slowly driving towards the camera in the end the whole picture looks photorealistic. 👍

Zer0
-Gran Turismo 4
Share your driving style, tuning tips, strategies, and more! General discussion about GT4 and GT4 Prologue.
-Xbox
Discuss all the latest xBox games. -> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

I don´t know the reasons of all the new users trying to confront continually the two games in this section of the forum. There´s a specific Xbox forum in this GT site, give it use.

Why not move all the Forza threads to Xbox forum and end all this not GT4 related discussions? if I search Forza information or Forza fan discussions and comparisons will go there.

:)

Somebody is using their head.

So now I guess it's all up to the mods right?

I will still get gT4 tho coz becuz it deserves all the hype its getting. But I don kno if GT4 will be "as good as we assume its goin to be". Remmebr that Sony is focusin more on PS3 and PSP so I thin PD is doin the same thing. Hopefully not tho........

Forza has been pushed into 2005. Xbox owners/lovers will have a long extra 2 months avoiding GT4 news, reveiws, comericials, ads and forums. At least the ones who dont own PS2's.

This may get me rants from people (namely Code_Kev, or others else who secretly dislike me), but on a different tone, if you think Forza is going to be a better game in many respects over Gran Turismo 4, then go play that and leave us GT fans alone. I often grow tired of people who talk about GT not being "(insert title here)." I mean, I don't talk about Gran Turismo 4 being more like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, so why do gamers like saying that some aspect of GT4 isn't going to be the measuring stick for how racing games are developed. When I got into Gran Turismo 4, I loved it because I know that asa GT fan, not every game is perfect. Not even the latest one will satisfy all the different aspects. If I find a better game, I'll play that instead. Same thing happened when I picked up Vice City and pretty much stopped playing "True Crime: Streets of LA." It doesn't mean I hate a game I left behind, but it means that I found a better overall game than something else I liked. You honestly cannot tell me that there is one game that beats others unless a competiting title has certain better features over another. With my Vice City example, True Crime had better fighting. It doesn't mean I'll play VC for things except fighting, it just means that I found something better if not seriously better.

So what does this mean for GT4 and its fans? If you love GT4, support it. Share your enthusiasm and respect with those you know and those close to you. If you don't like GT4, then I hope Enthusia and Forza (both are kind of dull titles if you ask me), satisfies your every desire for what a racing game should be. There will be other games, but I love GT4, and I'm going to play it until I end up dead in the hospital from having so much fun. So it's somewhat dull we're talking about a rival game's features to singlehandedly attempt to bring down a much-anticipated title.

So it's your choice. GT4 or no GT4. It's that simple. Make the choice and stick to your word. Meanwhile, I'm willing to accept all hate replies (if any). I'm done here. Next reply?

Once more...nicely put. 👍

If you like Forza, buy it.
If you like GT4, buy it.
If you like both, but them.

i'd deffinatly buy forza if i had an Xbox. But what i dont need to hear are people saying Forza is gonna "whoop gt4's a$$ before either games have come out. And its always the new guys starting trouble.

Oh, folks! Sorry. I thought FM was going to be on PS2 and XBOX. I just remembered that Microsoft made it. I apologize. In terms of looks, Pro Race Driver looks better than Forza. But if the cliché "looks can be deceiving" holds true, then maybe FM can perhaps shut up both Enthusia and GT. For now, Microsoft's still working on its game, Konami is still working on its racing game, and you already know Polyphony Digital is still working on theirs. Perhaps the horse race as far as this thread goes is like this:

Favorite "horse": Gran Turismo 4
Second Favorite: Enthusia Professional Racing
Dark Horse: Forza Motorsport

Will FM knock off EPR and GT4? We'll see. In the meanwhile, GT4. You in or you aren't.

By the way, I am into horsePOWER racing, not horse racing. There's no Smarty Jones posters in my room.

I have played Gran Turismo, 2 and 3 and I believe it's the best driving game ever made Problem is it got some issues related mainly to the PS2 hardware and, well, I guess developer stupidity.

I'll tell why I'd rather buy Forza Motorsport than Gran Turismo 4:

1. most important, for me, online play
2. the PS2's lack of hard drive mean longer loading times, less user saved data storage, less game performance
3. I would have liked an option with maybe yellow and black flags for accident offending drivers but the 50Km/h sounds a bit stupid to me
4. 2nd most imortant for me, "GTP forums say people in GT4 are 3D" NOT ALL! there are still stupid cardboard people in it, after seing over 10 videos and 100 screenshots I managed to spot them and I must say it really upset me, **** sake! I mean you make a game as amasing and realistic as GT4 and 3D people and just for measure you ruin it all by sticking some cardboard people in it also. Up until I seen that I was still tempted to stay with the PS2 but not anymore. I hate cardboard people in driving games and for 5 ******* years I've waited for the next GT only to see the main thing that put me off GT3 return.

jesus. how many times will poeple need to say that the games are STILL IN DEVELOPMENT!!! the finnished product of forza will probably have much better graphics than those seen in that video. and So will gt4!!. GT4 will support the PS2 harddrive. And Playing online is supposed to be FREE!!!! unlike for the Xbox. GT4 will have all/ or mostly 3D people in the full version. Read people read. learn to read what others say. Forums arent just about posting whats on your mind, they are about reading what's on the mind of others.

Cobra_UK
4. 2nd most imortant for me, "GTP forums say people in GT4 are 3D" NOT ALL! there are still stupid cardboard people in it, after seing over 10 videos and 100 screenshots I managed to spot them and I must say it really upset me, **** sake! I mean you make a game as amasing and realistic as GT4 and 3D people and just for measure you ruin it all by sticking some cardboard people in it also. Up until I seen that I was still tempted to stay with the PS2 but not anymore. I hate cardboard people in driving games and for 5 ******* years I've waited for the next GT only to see the main thing that put me off GT3 return.
But, but, but.. look at this:
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/536/536131/forza-motorsport-20040804070220494.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/536/536131/forza-motorsport-20040804070220041.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/536/536131/forza-motorsport-20040804070218635.jpg

You can´t buy Forza either!! cardboards all around! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back