Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck at work so I don't have time to sift through 80+ pages to find the answer to this question so please forgive me if it's been asked already. I'll read the thread later but for right now I just have one question: have you guys figured out how to transer Photo Mode pictures to your PC yet? I'm just curious if only certain USB drives will work and if it may be possible to just use a USB cord to go straight from PS2 to computer.

IMGP1802edit.jpg

LOL. 1 (one) HP! I wonder if you can complete one lap on the Nürbugring Nordschleife in under one hour with this vehicle.

mclaren777
I'm stuck at work so I don't have time to sift through 80+ pages to find the answer to this question so please forgive me if it's been asked already. I'll read the thread later but for right now I just have one question: have you guys figured out how to transer Photo Mode pictures to your PC yet? I'm just curious if only certain USB drives will work and if it may be possible to just use a USB cord to go straight from PS2 to computer.
USB Memory stick will probably be needed....

RouWa
IMGP1802edit.jpg

LOL. 1 (one) HP! I wonder if you can complete one lap on the Nürbugring Nordschleife in under one hour.
Wait till that challenge shows up in the WRS... :ouch:

mclaren777

hmm. usb cord.. i see a slight problem with that (one ends male and ones female, both connectors on ur comp are female), also, i wouldnt like to connect two powered ports together.. can see smoke. ther than that we know nowt atm

mclaren777

How about the Firewire Ports? If you have a newer computer, you should be able to hook up the ps2 to the pc, but I doubt that windows will recognize it.

That will be such a cool car to explore the surrounds of the ring and other tracks. The scenery of each track could be seen while going at 100m/hr.

EDIT: refering to that old 1886 benz or what ever it is.

Smoke, the PS2's firewire ports have been deleted for a while now. Not only do the slimline PS2s not have them... some of the bricks are missing them as well.

On that note, digital cameras and other hardware pieces use male-male USB cords. You can pick them up at lots of computer stores. Not speculating on whether you can connect the PC directly to the PS2 or not, but I thought that should be noted.

Smoke_U_24/7
How about the Firewire Ports? If you have a newer computer, you should be able to hook up the ps2 to the pc, but I doubt that windows will recognize it.

windows could THEORETICALLY use it as a mass storage device. dont see it happening tho as the ps2 would still need to be ld to talk to the pc

Firstly I'd like to congratulate GTPlanet on a new simultaneous viewing record earlier today...

Now I asked this about 12-15hrs back (alot of pages ago now), to no answer, so I'll throw it out there again...

Anyone with the game, Have you tried whether you can purchase cars outta other peoples saved games/memory cards/garage???

It was a feature of a previous GT, and it'd be nice to have it back...

Thanks goes out to any who can answer...

hellnback
Firstly I'd like to congratulate GTPlanet on a new simultaneous viewing record earlier today...

Now I asked this about 12-15hrs back (alot of pages ago now), to no answer, so I'll throw it out there again...

Anyone with the game, Have you tried whether you can purchase cars outta other peoples saved games/memory cards/garage???

It was a feature of a previous GT, and it'd be nice to have it back...

Thanks goes out to any who can answer...

Theres no one here who has the game right now.

Solid Lifters
It's early morning in Japan. Somebody might be up right now.

Well time for me to get some zzz's anyway, so hopefully come morning there'll be a load of new info to pass the day again! :)

hope there will be videos and info about why the number 1 is behind circuit de la sarthe when I wake up in 9 hours time.. someone should clean this thread up.. messy and out of control.. hard to find some screenshots that are new.. there's some in here somewhere, but too many posts to ignore..

seeing as all links to those homemade galleries are down, i was wondering if everyone feels like posting some pics they just downloaded after the release yesterday, show us some dazzling fresh pics please, because reading 84 pages of text without some color can be quite fustrating...

Theres been virtually no talk about tracks, its been all about cars.

Anyone give us a run down if there's any new tracks we never knew about? also, how do the old GT3 tracks look with the new time of day settings? Seattle for instance is now apparently during mid day as apposed to dusk.

Is there still an arcade mode in GT4 similar to GT3? How many tracks are available from the start?

He's been having problems with the servers today, thats all.

HondaKid86
Smoke, the PS2's firewire ports have been deleted for a while now. Not only do the slimline PS2s not have them... some of the bricks are missing them as well.

On that note, digital cameras and other hardware pieces use male-male USB cords. You can pick them up at lots of computer stores. Not speculating on whether you can connect the PC directly to the PS2 or not, but I thought that should be noted.

Yeah, I know that the Firewire port is on the older model's, but since the PSTwo doesn't have them anymore, I quess the Firewire is useless. Same for the hard drive that ws released. I was a good idea, but not many games supported it.
I still would like to see the HDD and the Firewire to come back.

MadduckUK
windows could THEORETICALLY use it as a mass storage device. dont see it happening tho as the ps2 would still need to be ld to talk to the pc

If "ld" means Device Driver, I agree totally. In order for any external or internal PC device to work with the PC, it needs a device driver, and Microsoft or sony hasn't come up with a driver for the ps2, so the ps2 wouldn't be recognizable to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back