Nurburgring 24hr report

• Thread starter Hyde
  • 430 comments
ok i woke up and check that i'm only 7 hours into the race, and yes its 24 real hours. even with b-spec mode with x3 speed, it will still take me 8 hours to finish. and no the weather dont change. its the same for 24hr

using a stock street car would be nearly impossible to win this race. u are up against DTM A4, those older DTM 190E and that alfa race car, and also a Spoon S2000 (which is very slow)

i tried using a stock SLR and it ran out of gas after 4 laps. and could not get away from the A4 DTM behind enough to get a decent time to pit. using more powerful car to race isnt the smartest thing to do especially when fuel consumption is in. so far, the 350Z GT500 is able to wear out the tire and used up the fuel at the same time.

Hyde
ok i woke up and check that i'm only 7 hours into the race, and yes its 24 real hours. even with b-spec mode with x3 speed, it will still take me 8 hours to finish. and no the weather dont change. its the same for 24hr

using a stock street car would be nearly impossible to win this race. u are up against DTM A4, those older DTM 190E and that alfa race car, and also a Spoon S2000 (which is very slow)

i tried using a stock SLR and it ran out of gas after 4 laps. and could not get away from the A4 DTM behind enough to get a decent time to pit. using more powerful car to race isnt the smartest thing to do especially when fuel consumption is in. so far, the 350Z GT500 is able to wear out the tire and used up the fuel at the same time.
Thanks for the update Hyde I guess a Prius would be a better choice than the SLR :grumpy: With the new number of tests and Mission Hall and loooooooong enduracne races GT4 will last a long time. 👍

I would do a 24 hour race on it when GT4 comes out I would have to buy a lot of food and drink to keep me awake.

Did I just read that there isn't a day-night cycle? That's disappointing....

If you can't switch to b-spec and/or save in the pits, I'd call that a severe oversight on PD's part.

We will all be breaking that insane time of Stefan Bellof, because for gettin gold on the final S-license test you need to take a Sauber C9 and drive a time below
5:47.510

thats gonna be very very scary!

21000 meters divided to 347 seconds = 60.5 meters/seconde, which means an avarage speed of OVER 218kmh!!

dear god!

It sounds very difficult, but if you know the ring it's manageable. I'm just uploading a lap with the C9 on the Ring, I think it's the demo lap. You'll notice that the car is freakin' quick ( :ill: ), but that he isn't driving very tidy and still has a lot of time left at the end of the lap.

I'll post the link here when it's done...

Cheers,
the Interceptor

How mentally ill do you have to be to drive a 6.11 in REALL LIFE, after seeing that video, which is AMAZING, i found new respect for bellof!!

awesome video, im drewling all over the floor

Well i'm just watchin and what shoul i say ... with about 300 km/h at Flugplatz :crazy: .

Edit: uh 340 km/h in the Fuchsröhre :crazy:

Edit No2: OK 360+ down the Döttinger Höhe I AM SPEECHLESS

robertocrx
It looks like the driver assists were on for 95% of the lap. Nothing worse than not having total control of your car.

It looks like that was a license test.

Driving assist are always on for tests.

robertocrx
It looks like the driver assists were on for 95% of the lap. Nothing worse than not having total control of your car.
I have a feeling that without them, you would have no control over you car, if you get my meaning...

That video is simply amazing.. I watched the Nissan R92 or whatever video on LeMans yesterday and thought.. wow that's damn fast and bumpy and looks great... then I see this... pretty amazing.

If there were no assists on that car would be in the wall faster than you can say Nurburgring :P

Holy crap....

That was absolutely marvellous! Does it really sound like that in the game? It's a bloody rollercoaster!

Thanks!

Back