need help GT World Championship

i couldn't find anything already posted on this, so if there is, can someone please direct me in the right direction and mods delete this..but if not

i'm having trouble with the gran turismo world championship in professional races..i'm using one of the black LMP cars, the toyota gt one...i came in first for the first race, but the rest i'm not doing to great...does anyone have any recommendations for a car to use for these series of races..?

Fatal Error
i couldn't find anything already posted on this, so if there is, can someone please direct me in the right direction and mods delete this..but if not

i'm having trouble with the gran turismo world championship in professional races..i'm using one of the black LMP cars, the toyota gt one...i came in first for the first race, but the rest i'm not doing to great...does anyone have any recommendations for a car to use for these series of races..?

I am also stuck on this one. I used the benz gtr race car. Any help guys?

You need to be more specific as to the particular problems you're having in these races. Are you falling behind on the straightaways? Are you oversteering and spinning out often or are you frequently unable to make the turns and go plowing into the sand or guardrails (understeering)? Have you done any modifications to your LMP car? The 787B with Turbo upgrades should have little difficulty in at least keeping up with the other cars, but sometimes you still need to be a skilled driver.

Anderton Prime
You need to be more specific as to the particular problems you're having in these races. Are you falling behind on the straightaways? Are you oversteering and spinning out often or are you frequently unable to make the turns and go plowing into the sand or guardrails (understeering)? Have you done any modifications to your LMP car? The 787B with Turbo upgrades should have little difficulty in at least keeping up with the other cars, but sometimes you still need to be a skilled driver.

as far as my problem. I have the benz as mentioned above and it is tuned up all that it can and i have only used it in b-spec mode and i fell behind quite fast. I have not tried it in a-spec. I spoke with someone on another board and they had the same problem

325adam
as far as my problem. I have the benz as mentioned above and it is tuned up all that it can and i have only used it in b-spec mode and i fell behind quite fast. I have not tried it in a-spec. I spoke with someone on another board and they had the same problem

Try a-spec....b-spec can't win the series in any car.

Any stock LMP car can win this series easily. That is the ones over 750hp..I've won the series 3 times with a stock Audi R8, stock BMW V12 and stock Bentley Speed 8. I didn't dominate but won easily. The two Nissans the Minolta Toyota and sometimes the 787b are the cars you need to "outgun" and beat.

If you are having trouble qualify for the races. Improve your position from last. it will help alot, esepcially with the rolling starts where the lead car gets 5+ secs on you sometimes. Plus in the quaifying you will see the pace the other cars run and you will know what lap pace you need to run to win.

A tuned one will be even easier. I found with the LMP cars that they run better (and faster) with mixed tires. Put a softer one in front and harder in back. R3front/R2back seems to work for me on these races just fine.

i forget where i read it, but this solution worked for me :)

go to the endurance races and do the el captain 200 miles race..i think i used my toyota gt one LMP car. anyways, after you win that, you get the TOYOYTA 88C-V Race Car (MINOLTA) '89...drop in a stage 4 turbo and you're on your way to victory!

Want the easiest (to me) way to beat that series?
Step 1: Aquire the Toyoto Minolta (sp?) Race car from winning the respective endurance race (25% req)
Step 2: Add stage 4 turbo
Step 3: Enter it in the 24 hour Nurburging (sp? again :dopey: ) and win the Formula One Race Car. (B-Spec wins easily)
Step 4: Enter it and whup up on all opponents in the GT World Championship (B-spec wins most, but not all)

Assuming you have completed all Beginner and Professional races now, enjoy Extreme. The F1 car does great against the competition.

this 24 hour race is killing me! it's been on all night and i'm still sitting here waiting at 17 hours...grr

oh yeah, tip for running endurance races that i read somewhere: R3 tires in the front, R1's in the back...works like a charm!

yea this race series is killing me only because I am 28% done but I dont have any cars that can compete against these yet. I have done a majority of the special conditions races, all beginner, all proffessional, no arcade, and almost no driving missions. I just won the CLK GTR race car last night but when I drove it to see how it was, it was all over the place. Is this car worthy of winning this championship with a skilled driver? Is the stock hp enough of will I have to upgrade?

By the way... in b-spec mode... how do you speed it up by 3x? I have only tried bspec once but I didnt see any icons for speeding it up... someone help!

Im in the same position as the rest of you are... I just dont want to sit here for hours on one race, since Im having the same problems I thought I would buy the AUDI R8 race car. But after checking it over and comparing it to the 787b, I still dont know witch one will be capable of keeping up!!!

PSI240SX
By the way... in b-spec mode... how do you speed it up by 3x? I have only tried bspec once but I didnt see any icons for speeding it up... someone help!

during the race press R1 to bring up the race statistics screen, then hold L1 and press right on the D-pad to increase time lapse, left to decrease. 1X,2X,3X.

I assume the GT World Championship is the one that the Minolta Toyota LM car is the best of the field (I hope my memory isn't foggy). If that's the case, I used the BMW LM car with the biggest turbo upgrade in B-SPEC and won handily. I was up 11 points going into the last race of the series. One thing that helped me was timing my passing. On tight twisty courses, I set passing at a lower priority. Keeping your pace on 4 or 5 with passing on while slaloming at 50mph wrecks tires way too fast. On longer, more straightaway courses, I set my pace to 5 with passing on until I was in 2nd place, and then scaled it back. It sucks racing conservatively while wasting time not aggressively passing slow cars in the twisties, but from my experience it is the best tactic in order to preserve your tires. Your driver will eventually see an opportunity (or in some cases your opponent will give you an opportunity by losing control of his ride) to pass, and if your car is fast enough, catching back up to the leaders' pace should not be a problem. Also, its a long series. Don't get too bent out of shape about a 2nd or 3rd place finish at an event... just make sure it doesn't happen again.

PSI240SX
yea this race series is killing me only because I am 28% done but I dont have any cars that can compete against these yet. I have done a majority of the special conditions races, all beginner, all proffessional, no arcade, and almost no driving missions. I just won the CLK GTR race car last night but when I drove it to see how it was, it was all over the place. Is this car worthy of winning this championship with a skilled driver? Is the stock hp enough of will I have to upgrade?

The CLK-GTR can win the GT World championship if your skilled enough, but I'm not too sure it could stock, I've won races with it but not stock. To speed the car up in b-spec hold L1 and press left/right to increase or decrese the speed.

Get a LMP.

Win the series with it. If you are struggling with that, upgrade the turbo. If that isn't enough, then just learn to drive better.

No, El Capitan is a road track, theres no endurance rally races.

I used the Toyota Minolta 88C-V race car '89 for the whole championship and won it easily, the only problem i had at first was i had medium racing tires on the back that would wear out quicker than the front tires. I stuck hard racing tires on it and won every race.

I used a french car, i forget the name, my brother did the Touring Euro race like 6 or 7 times and earned about 5million from it, and bought the Pescarolo C60 (4.5million) and we were able to win with B-spec. He is lazy and always B-specs. Its a lot easier to win in A-spec.

Okay then.

There's three distinct fields:
1. Toyota Minolta 88C-V; BMW LMR
2. Nissan R92CP, Nissan R88
3. Nissan R390

In the first field, the Toyota will whip into an early lead and then pit. It will almost never, apart from Seoul and El Capitan, win a race. It's the BMW LMR you have to keep your eye on. Stick ahead of him and you'll win the series.

In the second field, the R92 and R88 both have stupid pit strategies. The same applies - just stick ahead of the Bentley which usually appears with them and you'll be fine.

The R390 is pathetic and you'll leather it.

Work out a pit strategy. On Tokyo and Seoul you won't need to pit. On all the others you will. DON'T LEAVE IT LATE - pit halfway through the race, just as the tyres start to yellow. This way you get a good, fast in-lap and when the lead cars pit you'll catch and pass them on your running temperature tyres while they're on blues.

I used a CLK-GTR with R2s at the front and R1s at the back (with the occasional change for the tracks with fewer fast corners). Don't be afraid to slip to R3s when you pit-in.

wow.... are most of you guys who won this series using any kind of driving aids such as ASM/TC? I consider myself an above average driver on GT and am really struggling with this series. If I wasnt a good driver I wouldnt even consider "driving" in this series at all. I would just be a wimp and B-spec it. So far I have tried CLK-GTR, 787B, and now finally the toyota minolta car and still cannot keep up. This morning I was in the minolta, with stage 4 turbo, with TC set at 1, ASM both at 0 and managed to build up a 9 second lead before heading into the pits on the 7th lap. The race leader pitted on the 9th lap and when he left the pits he was 16 seconds ahead of me!! I absolutely couldnt believe it. I am so frustrated with this series.

u should do 24hr Nurburing n get the Fomula car, that car will help u beat the gran turismo championship. that 24hr race takes alot out of u

PS12 you ARE being challenged by the sounds of it...the F1 option is a SOLUTION to your predicament, and it seems to be the only one for those of us who aren't expert drivers in the game. It's not a co-out to bring the F1 to the race if you've tried it with several other cars and feel you've driven your best but still can't win.

PSI240SX
wow.... are most of you guys who won this series using any kind of driving aids such as ASM/TC? I consider myself an above average driver on GT and am really struggling with this series. If I wasnt a good driver I wouldnt even consider "driving" in this series at all. I would just be a wimp and B-spec it. So far I have tried CLK-GTR, 787B, and now finally the toyota minolta car and still cannot keep up. This morning I was in the minolta, with stage 4 turbo, with TC set at 1, ASM both at 0 and managed to build up a 9 second lead before heading into the pits on the 7th lap. The race leader pitted on the 9th lap and when he left the pits he was 16 seconds ahead of me!! I absolutely couldnt believe it. I am so frustrated with this series.

I have tried the CLK-GTR on this race and lost because of pitting. The tires wear out quick because I punch it so much in turns (not trying to hit wall either.) So youre not he only one with problems bro. Im seriously going to start racing the easy capri map and win 15 of those rally cars so I can get the Audi R8 or 787. There's absolutely no way Im going to go through the 24 hour endurance race just to get a F1. Besides, its boring and not challenging.

Look, it's easy.

Get a CLK-GTR. Nail the fattest turbo you can find onto it. Put R2 tyres on the front and R1 tyres on the back. You will now be able to run the races at Super Speedway, Tokyo R246 and Seoul without pitting, and thus win by a mile, and the other 7 races you will need to pit at precisely halfway. Trust me - it's a recipe for all-out success. 100/100 points.

Failing that, you can quit the series when you see the first grid and not lose any game days or race win percentages. Keep restarting the series until the LMR/Minolta/ or R92/R88/Bentley combinations aren't there and you'll walk it in a Honda S800.

Famine
Look, it's easy.

Get a CLK-GTR. Nail the fattest turbo you can find onto it. Put R2 tyres on the front and R1 tyres on the back. You will now be able to run the races at Super Speedway, Tokyo R246 and Seoul without pitting, and thus win by a mile, and the other 7 races you will need to pit at precisely halfway. Trust me - it's a recipe for all-out success. 100/100 points.

Failing that, you can quit the series when you see the first grid and not lose any game days or race win percentages. Keep restarting the series until the LMR/Minolta/ or R92/R88/Bentley combinations aren't there and you'll walk it in a Honda S800.

Ok, I will try again. I used the R3s and will try your method for success. Wish me luck.

Back