What Car Should I Use For British Light Weight Car Race?

• Thread starter jdkay20
  • 51 comments
I was wondering what is the best and cheapest option for that race in the European Events? The only car that I own that will fit the profile is the G4. Should I just buy a new car?

Nevermind I won with my G4, man that car sucks.
sig.gif

soup up (mildly, even) the g4 and you will be unbeatable.

jdkay20

Um.. isn't that a bit contradictory? If the car sucks, then it wouldn't have won.. at least, that's what common sense tells me.. And if it wins, that would mean it doesn't suck.

Or are you just one of those types that hates all cars under 600hp/200mph?

Jedi2016
Um.. isn't that a bit contradictory?

Not really...He could just have meant to say that he was fortunate enough to have won the race w/that specific car, but that the overall handling of it is not up to his liking... (?)

I for one, though, really do get more enjoyment out of racing actual 'race cars' in GT4 then I do your everyday production cars...no matter what high-end car it is...but that's just me... :)

Ach...is there no classic mini in the North American release? I can't find it. It's in the JPN version...but not the NA. :(

I won it easily with my Elise 111R - tuned with a chip and NA stage 1. Then I won the Elise Trophy with it :).

According to Famine's excellent list, this championship has a weight limit of 1000kg, correct? Is that based on the original weight of the car irrespective of any lightweight mod's you've bought for it, or the weight after mod's?

If it's the latter, can you therefore get away with something like a TVR Tamora or '87 Esprit HC lightened to under 1000kg?

I'll be able to find out for myself next week, but I'm just trying to plan ahead with some sort of strategy.

jdkay20
sig.gif

Are you kidding? After I souped up my Ginetta G4 it had the 2nd best power to weight ratio of any of the cars I owned at the time. It's still about 5th or so out of 51. It's FAST because it's LIGHT.

-Matt

The G4 has made me a few million $$$s after I put about $50k into it. It is light, handle incredibly and has an awesome power:weight. Use it in the 1000 races in BSpec and it will make you lots of $$$s.

jdkay20
After I souped it up it was fast but when I turned it was like driving on ice with racing slicks on.
sig.gif

I never even get the fully tunable suspensions on my cars and the G4 was insanely awesome in the handling dept. The Nurburgring with teh G4 is like good drugs man.

wildboarhk
Lotus Elise. This will certainly do the job. You'll need to up the HP to around 200 though.

What does the mm in 3400mm or less mean? i bought the lotus elise and have it up to 235hp but for some reason it won't let me use it for the race. Please help!

VTGT07
I won it easily with my Elise 111R - tuned with a chip and NA stage 1. Then I won the Elise Trophy with it :).

I tried the above set-up and did it with all 3 stages of weight reduction and still it would not let me enter the race.

thaverdict0690
I tried the above set-up and did it with all 3 stages of weight reduction and still it would not let me enter the race.

I seem to remember Elise's in the races when I ran that series - the G4 smoked them very easily. Are you sure you have the right series?

When you get a car that works - take it to the 1000km races in the Euro Hall. 150,000 per race plus 300,000 for the series.

The Deutch Touring Car series is faster/more money once you race a car that can enter those races (McLaren F1 prize car is worth 690,000).

I must say that the Ginetta G4 did not handle well for me either. It is fast enough, but I really had to brake early to keep the understeer under control. Could I have over-modded the thing?? I have not changed the TCS settings, they are at whatever default is set, maybe I should shut it off??

jdkay20
After I souped it up it was fast but when I turned it was like driving on ice with racing slicks on.
sig.gif
Are you planning on inserting that picture in your every post? I'd advise linking to it in your signature.

I really enjoyed this race. I also used the G4 from the k-car cup. I added a turbo kit 1, weight reduction 1 and racing chip and it kicked butt on that race and the FR cup races too. Good car!!

Back