GT4 i.link split screen (multi screen) 3 copies of game GT3

• Thread starter ShinGouki
  • 13 comments
Hi all thanks for taking the time to look!

Please let me say sorry in advance if any information regarding this subject can be found elsewhere on this site. I have searched but it is 8:00AM and I have just finished a 24 hour race for the Bentley speed 8.

Any how here goes.

I have bought three TV's (sounds a lot but just got them off e-bay all the same model good but V cheap). I am going to buy three UK PS2's £50 each second hand here in the UK.

(already using GT4 on Japanese PS2)

I know I need the i.link inc PS2's (not the new ones), three copies of the game and cables and three PS2's and as you can guess here is where the question starts

1.) Is it just Arcade mode that allows split screen (3 monitor) set up on GT3?

2.) Is it true that GT4 having said it would now does not support the multi screen freature at all?

3.) Can anyone tell me how to set this up. People who have tried this and got it working not me mate says......

By multi screen i mean one player views three screens. left screen displays objects down left hand side, middle screen display the track and the right screen displays objects down the left hand side.

I played it in comet but the store closed as i'd have asked them the way to set this up.

I am using the force pro and racing seat and anyone in the Hull area of the UK with a genuine tnterest in GT is welcome to try it out. Even better if they have information on this set up.

Many Thanks all!!!!!!!!

please help slams head on PS2, angry? "No just 24 hours is a long time"

This thread describes how to set up 2 PS2s with 2 TVs, but I don't think the method described there will work for 3 TVs and 3 PS2s.

iLink is not supported in GT4, and I think for 3 TVs you're going to have to set up a real LAN (local area network), which I can't help you with.

(I'm ignoring your references to GT3, since I assume it's a typo and had you really meant to ask about GT3, you'd have posted in the appropriate forum.)

Jackie Treehorn
This thread describes how to set up 2 PS2s with 2 TVs, but I don't think the method described there will work for 3 TVs and 3 PS2s.

iLink is not supported in GT4, and I think for 3 TVs you're going to have to set up a real LAN (local area network), which I can't help you with.

(I'm ignoring your references to GT3, since I assume it's a typo and had you really meant to ask about GT3, you'd have posted in the appropriate forum.)

That dosnt really help. As I have read that. What you directed me to is two ps2's on single screens! So a two player game in as many words.

What I am wanting is for the single player game to displayed on all three screens like in Forza. I know its possible with GT3 as I have played it at a local comet electrical store.

I am wanting to know if GT4 allows the same and how to set it up for either GT 3 or 4 hence why its in the post not the GT3 forum. Plus most serious fans of the game will no doubt have No.4 and have may be done it with three.

Right back to wining an F1 car hour 3 of 24...... hmmmmm

please keep posting love to hear from any of you who have done it just how good it is etc???

Thanks

take care

Jackie Treehorn
These games really cry out for a VR headset
http://www.i-glassesstore.com/iglasses-video-hr.html

Do you mean a VR headset like the I-glasses??? Don't do it!!! I've got one and it is really not worth it!!!! It is very difficult to explain but I used it with GT4P for about 5 min, that's aal and I am not gonna anymore. I even used it on my PC (tv out) with GTR and GPL. Maybe it is worth while in combination with the TrackIR.

I am in the same boat :grumpy:

Yes, to further explain what ShinGouki is asking, is coming from past GT setup experience (GT3). For most of us who are veterans of the game, you used to be able to hook up up to 6 ps2s and 6 tvs with the following:

- Firewire hub
- ilink/IEEE cables

-OR- for only 2 ps2s:
- one ilink cable

The rumor is that you can't do this anymore with GT4??? :scared: wtf... I just had to cancel an order for a $30 15ft firewire cable, and my current hub is useless. :ouch: Is this true?

Don't tell me I have to go buy network adapters now...

Also you can connect 3 ps2's and have three screens but be playing a single player game.
Example screen one shows objects down the left hand side, the centre screen shows the track and the right shows objects down the right hand side.

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Note only one Player

Please anyone help??!!! there must be some guys and gals who run this forum or a huge fans that can help??

thanks

Can any one show me how to set up this on GT4 and or GT3

Yes, using the ethernet ports you can configure 3, or more, ps2's as different viewpoints. This'll require some CAT5 patch cables, and ethernet swith/hub, 3 ps2's, 3 tv's and 3 GT4's.

Just like the arcade version of F355 challenge. You can go into the GT4 setup screen in the LAN section and define what view for that PS2. Front view / right&left and I think 2 more. Can't remember, at work.

attachment.php

idleprocess
Yes, using the ethernet ports you can configure 3, or more, ps2's as different viewpoints. This'll require some CAT5 patch cables, and ethernet swith/hub, 3 ps2's, 3 tv's and 3 GT4's.

Just like the arcade version of F355 challenge. You can go into the GT4 setup screen in the LAN section and define what view for that PS2. Front view / right&left and I think 2 more. Can't remember, at work.

attachment.php

WOW!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

This is better than widesceen!!
just too expensive!!
but you can gather the equipment from 3 friends..

a cockpit with this configuration, let say 3 HDTVs 4:3 + 7.1 Surround sound With dolby pro logic IIx .. thats the ultimate gt4 configuration!!

👍

Huh. I have a spare PS2 already. I'd need another PS2 and 2 more copies of GT4. That's $250.

Then I'd need 3 TVs. Since we're doing close-up panoramic, you could buy $150 TVs at Target or whatever, and they'd do the trick. That's $450.

I've already got the networking gear.

So we're talking about $700 for a really CRAZY gaming experience.

I'm going to have to talk to the wife about this. If I'm going to build a cockpit anyway (and it looks like I might get the clearance to do so), why not go all the way?

idleprocess

attachment.php

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED THAT!!!!! By the way, what kind of steering wheel is that and WHERE CAN I GET ONE? I have a fanatech one and it's ok but the pedals aren't touch sensitive. Are yours? Oh, and are you using 3 ps2s with 3 gt4 games?

jreay21
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED THAT!!!!! By the way, what kind of steering wheel is that and WHERE CAN I GET ONE? I have a fanatech one and it's ok but the pedals aren't touch sensitive. Are yours? Oh, and are you using 3 ps2s with 3 gt4 games?

The wheel you are looking at is a logitech force feedback pro with 900 degrees turn. Nice wheel. People complain about the price etc... but it really ads the most to the game. The feel is great.

h0ss
Huh. I have a spare PS2 already. I'd need another PS2 and 2 more copies of GT4. That's $250.

Then I'd need 3 TVs. Since we're doing close-up panoramic, you could buy $150 TVs at Target or whatever, and they'd do the trick. That's $450.

I've already got the networking gear.

So we're talking about $700 for a really CRAZY gaming experience.

I'm going to have to talk to the wife about this. If I'm going to build a cockpit anyway (and it looks like I might get the clearance to do so), why not go all the way?

Hi it would be great to swop notes when you have it built up Hope to have it set up this sautrday.

that is so cool...that's funny I found this thread cause I thought of it the other day and that's pretty cool that u can actually so it

Back