Drift_Toy's Video Tutorial Thread - New Tutorial 12/April/05

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked it. Depending on how good this one is i mite make more or them detailing other techniques, settings and their functions and whatever else i think up.....kinda like a tech talk guide.:dopey:

Drift_Toy26
Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked it. Depending on how good this one is i mite make more or them detailing other techniques, settings and their functions and whatever else i think up.....kinda like a tech talk guide.:dopey:

I encourage it. Should be really useful for new drifters. Keep it up:tup:

that was real nice, what I like is the drift itself, it seems like you're capable of making real long slides with that ER34, I'm interested in seeing you drifting in other tracks. :)

Stanley^Carter
that was real nice, what I like is the drift itself, it seems like you're capable of making real long slides with that ER34, I'm interested in seeing you drifting in other tracks. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ill be posting a vid with various cars of different tracks. Some of the cars will be the ER34, R31 GTS-R, S15 Silvia and more.

ragnerock
The man, whats your upcoming drift tutorial?

Im thinking about doing a tutorial of use of the E-Brake to initate drifts and then doing a tech guide on the difference brakes make when trying to drift and also suspension.

Downloading now, hopefully this will help me get better with the Tsukuba track. I havent had the time to practice drifting for almost a week, Tried it over the weekend and I lost a little skill, gotta keep workin on it again.

Good suggestion to snap the car into the turn in the middle of the track. On some courses Ill snap too wide and ill drift right off the track.

Yeah it was a great vid. really detailed and well explained:tup: Pretty nice to have some well clear crashes too, they look kind a familiar somehow.........:odd::lol:.......No I can only drift that long corner, not other corners on Tsukuba:indiff: But it sure helped me out in some way:tup::D

Glad people liked the tutorial
Unfortunately atm my catpure software is playing up and I keep dropping frames so i cant get clean records for my next tutorial (which will be focusing on E-Brake)...but don't worry...due to the success of this one, there will be more.:dunce: :sly:

Cheers for all the support. Hopefully my tutorials will continue to be of help to people

Toy, Great tutorial! and nice job with the drifting and explination of things.
you should make a drift bible of sorts, like the one that was made for gt3. just go in to detail about all the ways to initiate a drift.
do you use the DFP or DS2?

Very nice. It's very hard to drift in GT4. Maybe I should try Sports tires. I'm trying to drift with a Cerbera speed 6. I'll have a vid up soon. I already know the title. "Drift Time Again"
Maybe yall remember my first "Drift time" vid.maybe not

1989therat
Very nice. It's very hard to drift in GT4. Maybe I should try Sports tires. I'm trying to drift with a Cerbera speed 6. I'll have a vid up soon. I already know the title. "Drift Time Again"

Keep it stock power or just a little more, it doesnt need sports tires, try N2s or N3's (depending on how much power you add) :)

Suzuki
Toy, Great tutorial! and nice job with the drifting and explination of things.
you should make a drift bible of sorts, like the one that was made for gt3. just go in to detail about all the ways to initiate a drift.
do you use the DFP or DS2?

I use a worn DS1. :dopey: i find that the ds2 analogs stick require greater work coz the are stiffer than the ds1 analogs. ill think about that bible. ive alread begun work on E-braking. ive done about a miunte or so so its coming along nicely

Great I can't wait for the next one. I have a heck of a time with that silly e-brake so I never use it. Keep up the good work!

Side Note: I hope some of you are aware of "The" Drift Bible. Just ordered mine the other day once I saw that Drifting.com had them back in stock.

1989therat

Drifting in gt4 really depends on your menas to do so. eg whether u se DS1/2 or DFP. because the ds1/2s require a more refined input i find that its near inpossible to do a linking drift 'while' counterseering thru the corner with sports or race type tyres. a lot of these drifts ive seen have nice drifts but they are mainly 'zero' countersteer'....IMO they dont look as nice but thats how i started. i notice that a lot of wheel drifters always carry more speed into the corners so it leads me to believe that they use a sports or hard race tyre compound. because i use a DS1 all my cars run on road, luxury, or economy. The way i determine the tyres to use for cars is if it runs from 200-300 then economy tyres are used, 300-400 luxurys are used, and 400-500 then road tyres (and ofcourse there are exceptions and these cars i base on the performance and ablitiy to drift on the tyres they are on). The reason I use so a cheap compound is to stop the reduce the 'snapping' effect thet you sometimes get when counter steering thru a drift.

but yeh if ur using a DS1/2 1 is better IMO, then try tyres of a grip reduced compund.

Back