DA's Gauntlet Challenge - 3 videos - Voting!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 28 comments

Which is the better video?

• RX-7

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Nissan 240sx

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • RX-7 FC3S

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Video 1: Mazda RX-7 10.8 meg

Video 2: Nissan 240 18.5 meg

Video 3: RX-7 FC3S 12.6 meg

(can the driver correct me if I'm wrong?)

Voting will be open for 4 days. I'll close up shop on Wednesday afternoon, and post up the winner. Which you'll all likely know by the Premium User title.

Please keep this thread clean, and do not post off topic. Anyone posting off-topic will be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Download and Vote! (please note, I will not be voting, only watching)

117.89 - 5/22
2530.9 - 5/23
8100.2 - 5/27

AO

nice, in terms of editing, id go with the FC, in terms of actually drifting, the Fd , hmmmm tough , FC gets my vote :)

In terms of drifting, the FD wins, but the FC's video looked almost professional, and the music fit perfectly, just not sure if it was meant for a drifting video like the Nissans vid. Tougher decision now than before with just the 2.

Tough choice between very very nice editing and effects on the FC and Lovely drifting in the FD. The nissan changed camera angle too much IMO and i never got to see much drifting, just lots of part drifts.

Its very close but im gonna go with the FD, the drifting skills are very nice, especially the drifting up the straights, that its not easy to do. But the Nissan and FC are very very good also, im sorry to who ever owns them, it was a tough choice, you should all be proud 👍

I thought the drifting was, for the most part, pretty equal for all 3 drivers. I think the S14 had a little bit of an edge in the way of drifting, but the FC's video was generally much much better. He incorporated things I've enver seen in a drift video before, and therefore gets my vote.

s2000lover
on the fc video, i didnt see him drift the final turn once, or did i miss it?

I don't think he ever did it, or at least never did it well enough to warrant it being in the video. It's pretty freakin' cool when you can pull off a high angle drift on that last corner, but I can't even do it, so I'm not gonna hold standards to other people that I can't hold to myself :crazy:

This is very tough. I dont think FC vid was of the same standard as the other two, driftwise at least. I liked S14 right from the start, FD grew on me as it played.

FD it is.

No wait, S14!

again, in the FC prob has the best program editing out there and I didn't like some of the effects o f the FC video...Ill go with the FD on this one now since it has the best drifting

after watching the FC video, i liked it, i liked how he used the rain effect on tsukuba wet, so props to you FC drive. but i am still going to go with the FD for its overall performance.

All 3 vids were great, much better than the typical videos on the board (like my i got lazy and threw stuff together vids :D ) The music and editing on the S14 vid won me over.

The FD vid was a bit dragged on, but the skill shown makes up for the video. Very consistent on the track, although sometimes I could see an early exit or two. Going on the straights scores a bonus point, something that is not easy to do. Overall, 8 / 10.

The Zenki S14 video, now this is what editing is all about. Cleverly hiding all the small mistakes by layering special effects over the video is top notch. Some clever lines and turnarounds seen in the vid, kept me interested. Once again cool special effects and nice angles. This scores a 8.8 / 10.

And finally, the FC. Tough to be last on the list ain't it? Let's see now. Cool introduction, that really caught my eye. Kudos for thinking of that idea. Hm.. decent drifting, although nothing too special about. Some nice editing going on in the background. The rain effect was really the clincher. It really adds to the viewing, but then the gradual fading was way too overdrawn. Could have made it a bit shorter to leave the viewer for more. 8.5 / 10

In terms of fun, the 240SX was the best.

In terms of editing, the 240SX was the best.

In terms of speed, the 240SX was the best.

In terms of skill, the FD3S was the best.

In terms of imtimidation, the FC3S was the best.

Great videos. The best thing about these videos is that you give it some life!
Overall it's the 240 followed closely by the FD3S :)

I was gonna post what I thought of each video, but MdnIte summed it up nicely. I'll just add, in the 3rd video, I really like that transition to the ghost car. It was clever and well synched with the music. And also the changing screen to the wet weather part. Very cool

76 votes! wow!

Everything has been tallied, and I'm just checking the members who voted. Comparing IP's and such.

I'll announce the winners tonight.

Thanks to all that voted, and to all that submitted a video.

AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back