gauntlet challenge - And the winner is...

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 35 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Congrats Boundary Layer.

The winner of the first "Gauntlet Challenge".

The videos posted were excellent, and well deserving. The voting for second place was really close and it just shows how good they really were.

Thanks again for proving that there is a great amount of talent here at GTP.

Drift_toy26 takes second place and wins a month of GTPremium.

Congrats guys,

AO

Yep, great job bud! Enjoy the add-less GTP. You won't believe the difference!

I hope the next one has more participation. It would be great to see so many that DA wouldn't be able to narrow them down on his own.

I toast to you T.S., and to your win! Congrats! 👍
Let us know how it feels to have no ads, just don't rub it in.

no ads is great :D if you have the $$ for premium, and you love the site that much, get yourself a premium membership.

and congrats TankSpanker and everyone else involved. Im one of the many that could talk the talk but not walk the walk on this one :dunce:

hrm, no more b.bluetime error...ads gone, this is nice 👍
...the timing is a shame though. I moved out of my dorm last weekend, back to the parents' house. So i'm online about 1/10th as often as before. BUT, I'll still keep the prize :)

so, thanks everyone

and let me be the first to admit that I feel my drifting was not quite up-to-snuff in this competition... Tsukuba and TankSpanker do not mix. (racing tires aren't a good way to go either ;) - but thats no excuse). Luckily my editting pulled this one out for me.
~TankSpanker wipes forehead~

i'm hoping to have another video released early next week with some GOOD drifting on it :sly:

the other entrants put in some great work. And I feel they also deserve some recognition for making things interesting. So 👍 to them.

thanks for the votes!
And AO, thanks for the competition and the prizes, and all that jazz :D

MdnIte
Do the runner ups get some kind of concilation prize of some sort?
Yes, indeed they do. Apexd1fd3s gets an attaboy and a very well deserved pat on the back. He was the driver in video #3. He turned his in quite early in the competition and I misplaced it. Hence the second thread and the addition of a 3rd video. He only missed second place by a three votes.

Second place and the recipient of a month of Premium membership is Drift_toy26. I haven't seen him around, so I'll hold off on upgrading him until I get a PM from him. I was going to wait on TS, but he's on here everyday ;)

Let me say again, thanks to all that participated and I'm glad you enjoyed the comp. Just a little idea of how much bandwidth you guys sucked down. The little numbers in my first post, are bandwidth for this month. Deralta.net doesn't see much traffic, which is shown by the 100+ meg for the month of April. The next two numbers are how much was burned by all the downloads.

Yow...

AO

Thanks, DA. For the pat, and making this competition. Enjoyed the challenge, and all the videos presented. Voters gave good reasons for their votes, which I can learn from. Hope you guys enjoyed the viewing. :)

Yay to tank.... heheheh I GAVE YOU A RUN FOR YOUR MONEY.....and you ran well. congrats to you. Although I was unable to download due to moving to away from home (hence the reason I disappeared of the drifting forums for a bit.) im in whyalla (where i used to live) for the weekend so i get to play again and ill be around for a few days. Ok enuff of topic stuff

Thanks to DA for the comp and the prizes and thanks to Tank for the actual COMPETITION :dopey: , and Apex. The people that voted and all that took part in the comp......it would be good to see a competion that was more on actual entries...there were a butt load of ppl saying how kool it was that there was a comp finally and like hardly anyone entered. So more participation would be better in a future comp.

Cya guys....

P.S. next time a comp is held and is judged on the actual drifting side well see wat goes down... :dopey: 👍

Drift_Toy26
P.S. next time a comp is held and is judged on the actual drifting side well see wat goes down... :dopey: 👍

I believe they call that GTPDC :sly: , like DTC said
I'll pull out a few better drifts when that rolls around since I know fancy color inversions and lens flares wont win that for me :D

TankSpanker
I believe they call that GTPDC :sly: , like DTC said
I'll pull out a few better drifts when that rolls around since I know fancy color inversions and lens flares wont win that for me :D

Hehehehe yeh i think its just lucky that you had betterer editing skills than the rest of us.....but yes fancy transtions wont win it for you this time cup cake.... maybe :indiff: :yuck: 👍 :dopey:

Swift
Yep, great job bud! Enjoy the add-less GTP. You won't believe the difference!

I hope the next one has more participation. It would be great to see so many that DA wouldn't be able to narrow them down on his own.

I considered turning in a drift video but the fact that it was also judged in video editting...just lost my interest.

I miss the old GTPDC

Congtrats to TankSpanker and Drift_Toy26 (Another South Australian :)) :cheers:

Also nice work Apexd1fd3s 👍

Back