Votes: 52 35.1%
  • Average

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • not good

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Horrible

Votes: 16 10.8%

• Total voters
not sure how to post polls yet but i wanna know what do you guys think of the u.s version of the games music me i absolultley hate it ... you cant race to james brown... so what do u guys think good music? or bad?

Its not bad, i've seen better, and i've seen worse. Not the greatest music from the series, but atleast it makes some kind of attempt at touching every music genre.

What's dumb is that many of the songs seem to have been chosen just because they have something to do with cars, or feature one lyric or line that mentions a car. :rolleyes:

yea i know what you mean like one lyric will be about going fast or something lol seriously though id rather an enthusia type soundtrack with like dramatic beats and stuff like that etc even though its nice they touched every genre but james brown ... ... .. and funk and oldies in a racer? i just dont think it has a place there

I think the soundtrack is great!

Infact, I burnt the whole thing to CD's so I can listen to it when I'm not playing GT4!

the music tracks are really boring and stupid
i like the european version really fine
i like it:)

The music individually is ok, and Moon Over The Castle (Orchestral) is ****ing brilliant, but that track aside...it just does not belong in Gran Turismo. Therefore it's not good, they need to put in proper driving music...preferably a bit more rock (real rock from back in the day)..and something from now, just nothing too poppy or ballardy that doesn't fit.

I think it's a question of taste as to what people like to drive to. A feature where you could store your own music would be ideal.

appie17
the music tracks are really boring and stupid
i like the european version really fine
i like it:)

European version? what kinda songs did it have cause if it had eurobeat im jealous :ouch: or did it have rock

edit: lets just hope gt5 lets us store our own music so we can race to w\e we want

They could've included some Avenged Sevenfold (like EA did to NFSMW). And there's a song, The Distance, from Cake, that says alot about cars and drivers and is really cool!
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 had some nice musics also (both PC and PS2 versions).
For racing games, they should put some rock music like Spike said.
The producers should pay more attention to what kind of musics they include in a game. Sometimes they do crap...

The music is awesome!

Last night I was driving to the sounds of the Good Ol' Grateful Dead for a few hours. The night before that, it was The String Cheese Incident.

Now, the included music? You mean the stuff that I turned off instantly upon starting up the game? No comment.

There are a couple of decent tracks on there (The Hives, Kaiser Chiefs) but a lot of dross. I have the music turned down when racing, and turned up on replays (classical tracks only - reminds of the Stig from Top Gear!).

I don't think "driving" music has to have driving mentioned in the lyrics either. It just has to be good to drive to.

I voted OK, but I only listen to them during replays. I also set the tracklist so that only a dozen or so songs will play randomly.

road kill
European version? what kinda songs did it have cause if it had eurobeat im jealous :ouch: or did it have rock

Ouch. Misguided assumption, there. Eurobeat isn't a European thing. It's Japanese. It just happens to be produced by Italians, hence the name.

Though Europeans tend to be partial to pop-trance/techno and other electronic music, it seems.

speedfreek67
There are a couple of decent tracks on there (The Hives, Kaiser Chiefs) but a lot of dross. I have the music turned down when racing, and turned up on replays (classical tracks only - reminds of the Stig from Top Gear!).

I don't think "driving" music has to have driving mentioned in the lyrics either. It just has to be good to drive to.
Joe Satriani doesn't have ANY ltrics, well from the songs i have heard from him, witch is alot. Jes prob the best out of all the people on the list, but they could have used a better song from him.

Wolfe2x7
Though Europeans tend to be partial to pop-trance/techno and other electronic music, it seems.

Eh wouldn't be so sure, whilst only a small percentage a lot of people I know would put a rock or metal album on any day over pop etc

Wolfe2x7
Ouch. Misguided assumption, there. Eurobeat isn't a European thing. It's Japanese. It just happens to be produced by Italians, hence the name.

kinda odd eurobeat isnt a european thing? so the japanese like eurobeat and its produced by italians hmm i didnt know that! hoorah this thread has useful info lol i really like eurobeat though and love to see some tracks in a racing game..probably will be in kaido battle 👍

h0ss
The music is awesome!

Last night I was driving to the sounds of the Good Ol' Grateful Dead for a few hours. The night before that, it was The String Cheese Incident.

Now, the included music? You mean the stuff that I turned off instantly upon starting up the game? No comment.

string cheese incident is one of my favorites

nice avatar btw. "steel your apple" :lol:

Latest Posts

Back