• 68 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I'm very proud to finally release the new GTPlanet User Gallery, the biggest new feature introduction we've had in a long time! Our new gallery software replaces the less robust image manager of our CMS system, which was very basic and limited. The new software allows for easier uploads, better organization, better bandwidth management, better formatting, an e-postcard feature, detailed file information, and a slideshow option. That is all great, but the biggest change this brings GTP is user uploads and image galleries tied directly to your forum account. All users with 100 or more posts now have the ability to create different photo albums and upload 10MB's worth of images, with that limit increasing to 500MB for GTPremium Users. This will make it easier than ever to share your best photoshops, car pictures, and GT4 Photomode images! GTPlanet can also be more responsive than any other website by allowing instant uploads of new and exclusive GT5 media as it is released.

Here's a quick run-down of how to set up your new gallery.
  1. Your basic controls are at the top of the gallery pages. You'll need to click Log-In and sign in to your forum account and then return to the gallery if you are not already signed in.
  2. Click the "Create / Order My Albums" button. Click on the "New" button and name your galleries accordingly. Apply the changes when you are done. You can modify the details of these albums by clicking on "Modify My Albums" and selecting the album you wish to edit in the top right corner. On this page you will also notice that you have the option of password-protecting your album to make it accessible only to the people you want to see it. You also have the ability to allow image ratings or not (you will also see a comments option, but it is useless as that option has been globally disabled).
  3. To upload files to your albums, click "Upload Files" on the top line of text, right below the banner ad (if you're not Premium). You can upload 10 pictures at a time here, and once they are uploaded you will have the option to go through each one and select which album you would like to place it in. You can also enter in the other details such as a title, description, keywords, etc. I am working on a quicker upload feature integrated with Windows XP's Publisher utility, but that's not available at this time.
  4. When browsing images, you can click on the intermediate image for a pop-up window of the full-size file.
  5. Just like the forums, all photos have a "Report to Moderators" feature, which can be seen in the top right corner of the image controls. It's indicated with the same yellow warning sign and exclamation mark. If you ever see any picture which you believe is inappropriate or in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy, please do not hesitate to report it.
I think that's pretty much everything. There are sure to be many bugs and minor issues that I have failed to catch during my preliminary testing. Like our forums, this Coppermine Photo Gallery has been highly customized which also lends itself to a few errors here and there. Please report individual issues that you find as a new thread in our Site Feedback forum. I hope you guys enjoy the new feature.

Good job, much more organized than your average bea............I mean gallery.

From,
Wall51

Wow Jordan, this looks really sweet. 👍

EDIT: I know this is a bit off-topic, but the Premium site needs updating for the features, like avatar size, PM box size, etc. :)

Awesome, Jordan! As soon as I (finally) get my photos sorted I will put some of my best ones up. 👍

This looks interesting but I still need to reach 100 posts and I am determined not to reach that goal by means of postwhoring or spamming.

Well I suppose your only thing to do is wait then bluedot. The minimum post limit is there to stop people just signing up to use it, and abuse it. I'm not attacking you by the way. :)

Excellent work Jordan, nice to have some extra space too. 👍

I noticed yesterday, and that the ads are slightly fixed but still a whole lot more annyoing.

I want Premium now....

Nice work, Jordan! Though I doubt Ill ever use it.

Great addition, but I can't seem to be able to create an album.

screenie.jpg

Fantastic idea Jordan!

Off-topic: Alpine, could you possibly change your avatar to something else, please? The kiwi is my national bird...

Thanks Jordan, but a wee bit problem, I have everything ready ..and Im trying to figure out how to upload them, is it goin from PC or URL ?because I can't find it((will edit once problem is fixed))

I can attest the Coppermine Photo Gallery works quite well; I've uses it on my site since this January.

Great addition, Jordan!

Thanks for the helps Jordan, but I still can't upload pictures!

Maybe it wasn't meant to be...

screenie2zd1.jpg

Thanks Jordan, but a wee bit problem, I have everything ready ..and Im trying to figure out how to upload them, is it goin from PC or URL ?because I can't find it((will edit once problem is fixed))
Upload it from your PC. The URL option can be a bit confusing and it's really not all that useful, so I'll remove it to prevent further questions. 👍

Those of you having trouble uploading, take another look. I'm still getting used to these permissions. :)

Jordan, like I previously said, I must be going blind, but I can't find the upload button/link? :scared: I'm finding it quite frustrating. Thanks!

βen;2396429
Jordan, like I previously said, I must be going blind, but I can't find the upload button/link? :scared: I'm finding it quite frustrating. Thanks!
I just updated my post above yours as this issue has been corrected.

Back