Take your real car for a lap around Nurburgring

• Thread starter errk
  • 69 comments
I just copy and pasted this from a previous thread started by Rapter13x, but he hasn't been on here since Sept, so I'll just update the times. I still need to run my Gti and my friend might run a couple of his cars soon. I want to keep this alive because I think it's a cool idea. I think I'm going to record what tires were used as well.

original thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81093&highlight=nurburgring

"
I thought this would be a fun idea... basically, take a car which you personally own that is also in GT4, and mod it to match your personal car as best as is possible. Obviously it won't be perfect, but just get it as close you can. If you own more than one car that's also in GT4, feel free to do multiple times. The idea here is to have fun and see what your actual street car is capable of. (or your race car if you own one) You can choose a car which you currently have, or one you have previously owned, whatever you want, as long as you have both owned and driven it.

Here's the rules:
Car Rules:
1. Choose the most applicable version and year of your car which you can find.
2. If you have a good idea of how much power your car produces (dyno, or otherwise), try to make it match as close as possible
3. If you have all-season tires, go with the N1 tires. If you have performance tires, go with the N2 tires. If you have ultra high performance/max performance tires, go with the N3 tires. If you have race tires, like Hoosiers or Victoracers, you can choose S2's.
4. Nitrous can be used only if you actually have nitrous on your car
5. Go through and choose which mods your personal car actually has, and choose the most applicable mods.

Race Rules:
1. Quickest Nurburgring time for one single lap (which lap you record is your choice, doesn't have to be the first, slow-start lap).
2. Must be done in practice mode, without any other cars.
3. No riding walls, cutting corners, etc.
4. A-Spec mode only.

General Rules:
1. Post your laptime and car. Post pictures of your real car if possible. Show all the mods you have done and all the corresponding mods you chose in GT4.
2. Multiple submissions are welcome if you find a new best, or just want to report what you got with a different car, etc
3. Obviously pictures and videos aren't required, this is meant to be fun, but try to be honest.
4. Have fun!

7:24.219 / 05' GSX-R600 Race Bike(Imitating 00' GSX-R750) / DJ Baker
7:33.360 / Yamaha YZF-R6 / Raptor13x
7:45.375 / Toyota Supra TT / Troux
7:54.046 / 05' Aprilia RSV1000R(imitating 02' Aprilia Mille) / DJ Baker
7:54.361 / VW GTi Mk5(imitating VW GTi Mk3 VR6T) / errk / s2front s1rear
7:57.053 / Ford Mustang / Five0
7:59.845 / Pontiac Firebird / LeadSlead#2
8:04.802 / Toyota Supra / Holdenhsvgtsr
8:04.670 / Toyota MR2 Turbo / Raptor13x
8:06.902 / 00' Camaro SS(imitating 97' Camaro SS 30th Ann. / DJ Baker / s2*
8:08.254 / Nissan 350z / DuGong
8:08.877 / 05' Buell XB12R(imitating 03' Buell XB9R Firebolt) / DJ Baker
8.14.778 / Infiniti G35 / KidA / n3
8:15.282 / Subaru WRX / cookting
8:22.210 / Subaru Impreza / Holdenhsvgtsr
8:25.052 / 86' MR2(imitating 87' MR2) / Azuremen / s1
8:26.862 / Honda CBR600 / ultrabeat
8:28.852 / BMW 330i / Seal88 / n3
8:29.933 / 05 Ford Mustang GT(imitating 02 GT) / GTrackd02 / n3
8:42.284 / Toyota MR2 NA / MistaY
8:44.926 / VW Golf GTI(imitating Seat Leon) / Holdenhsvgtsr
8:48.359 / Toyota MR2 NA / RSme
8:48.625 / Ford Focus / RSme
8:57.208 / Lexus GS 300 / Pupik
8:57.973 / Nissan 240sx / rsmithdrift
9:00.769 / Nissan 240z / Raptor13x
9:02.510 / Nissan 300zx / rsmithdrift
9:02.602 / Acura RSX / InsaneRacer
9:09.350 / Peugeot 406 / daan
9:09.846 / Honda Prelude / FastEddie12
9:11.215 / mki Toyota MR2 SC / backspace
9:14.917 / Toyota Supra Turbo / Luca
9:17.632 / mki Toyota MR2 / RouteUK
9:18.870 / Pontiac Sunfire(imitating Grand Am) / LeadSlead#2
9:24.841 / Honda Civic Type R EK(Imitating Supercharged Civic EX Coupe / errk
9:27.030 / Mazda Protoge / Niky
9:29.987 / Alfa Romeo 1600 / FastEddie12
9:37.395 / Toyota Carina(imitating a Mitsubishi Galant) / K Racer_51
9:40.009 / '82 Mk1 Golf GTI Convertible / SammiTougeGirl / (n1?)
9:43.358 / Mazda 323F / ultrabeat
9:48.270 / Honda Civic / Raptor13x
9:50.082 / Nissan Silvia(imitating a BMW 318) / Wolfe2x7
9:55.553 / 1991 Silvia Q's(imitating a 1992 240sx fastback) / S!Lpheed
10:05.302 / Range Rover / RSme
10:09.075 / Volkswagen New Beetle(imitating Volkswagen Jetta GL) / MustangSVT / n1
10:10.009 / Volkswagen New Beetle / HondaRacer
10:14.817 / VW Polo GTi(imitating a Seat Cordoba) / Casio
10:54.861 / Citroen Xsara(Imitating Saturn SL) / Luca
11:02.401 / VW Lupo(imitating Seat Arosa) / Holdenhsvgtsr

Just added a couple times of my own.

First I tried to imitate my 98' VW GTI VR6 turbo, using a newer Mk5 GTI 2.0T.

My car = 98' VW Gti VR6 / 400whp / 1200kg
-Turbo
-intercooler
-3" Exhaust
-Bigger Injectors
-shocks/springs
-forged engine internals
-forged tranny gears with taller ratios
-LSD
-drag radials on the front and z rated tires on the back.
-weight reduction

GT Car = 05' VW GTI 2.0T / 352hp / 1135kg
-Every power upgrade except n2o
-s2 tires on the front/s1 on the back
-weight reduction(lighter than my car because the hp couldn't be reached)
-sport suspension
-full custom tranny(to imitate my gearing and the car goes to 160+ like my real car ;)
-2 way LSD
-sport clutch

8:08.775

Then I tried out my GF's Jackson Racing supercharged 97' civic EX.

GF's car = 97' Honda Civic EX w/Jackson Racing Supercharger and headers
-z rated tires
-lowered
-jackson charger 7psi
-megan racing headers

GT Car = 98' Honda Civic Type R EK
-n2 tires
-everything else stock

seems to accelerate the same and has similar top speed

9:24.841

What tires were you using and what tires do you have in real life? And how much power? You worked an r6, thats why I ask.

Sorry, Did this late at night and typed wrong time, wishful thinking. Car standard except using S2 tyres. Current best time with the same configuration is 8'21.840.

Sorry, Did this late at night and typed wrong time, wishful thinking. Car standard except using S2 tyres. Current best time with the same configuration is 8'21.840.

S2 tyres? You mean you've got racing tyres on your BMW 330i? :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's my result.

In-game Car:

Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0
115hp, i4 2.0l engine
Using N1 tyres (economy)

Real car:
Volkswagen Jetta GL
115hp, i4 2.0l engine
All-season tyres

Time: 10:09.075s

I had a souped up G35 in my garage but I couldn't take out the port polish or balance so I had a tad too much horsepower. I bought a stock one from the dealer and left it unchanged.

GAME
2003 Infiniti G35
3.5 liter V6, 281hp, 6 speed manual, FR
Red
No spoiler

REAL
2004 Infiniti G35
3.5 liter V6, 280hp, 6 speed manual, FR
Red
Spoiler

Time: 8.09.651

With a bit more practice I'm hoping for something in the sixes.

What tires do you have on your real car? Unless they are road racing type tires, you should be using n3 for high performance, and n2 for all seasons.

n3 tires?

Turns out you can't put N3s on the G35.

The game version comes stock with S2s. The real car has Michelin Pilots; 225/45R18 in the front, 245/45R18 in the back.

I went ahead and put on the harder compound S1s. My third and best lap was exactly 1 second slower: 8.10.651. Lots of room for improvement.

What tires do you have on your real car? Unless they are road racing type tires, you should be using n3 for high performance, and n2 for all seasons.

Thanks for the advice. Never looked hard at the tyre descriptions in the game. Car has Continental SportsContact2's 17 inch rim, not that the latter is relevant. Saw the word sports and put sport tyres on. Time with N3's is 8'37.114 after 3 laps. Let me know what rating you think the tyres are. Cheers:)

Time with N3's is 8'37.114 after 3 laps. Let me know what rating you think the tyres are. Cheers:)

n3s are ok if they are at least z rated tires I would say. If I was going to be technical about it, anything under 200 treadwear would be n3, which not a lot of tires are.

Turns out you can't put N3s on the G35.

The game version comes stock with S2s. The real car has Michelin Pilots; 225/45R18 in the front, 245/45R18 in the back.

I went ahead and put on the harder compound S1s. My third and best lap was exactly 1 second slower: 8.10.651. Lots of room for improvement.

Unless you have pilot sport cup tires, you need to be running n3 tires. I bought a g35 coupe in the game and put n3 tires on it. And they're free of charge. This is in GT Mode btw, just in case you are doing arcade.

I wonder what kind of tyres in-game say some of those special Pirelli's would be like. Like the ones on Ferrari 360 CS, the Pirelli Pzero whatever. Would that be considered S1s? What about Michelin Pilot sport.

autocross/road race tires or drag radials are s2. I have drag radials on the front and z rated summer tires on the back, so I ran s2 in the front and s1 in the back. I would have run n3 in the back, but it won't let you mix up the tires that much.

Just ran a faster time in the Gti. 7:54.361

This is a toughy. I am trying to replicate my parents' Toyota 4 runner and the closest thing is the Lancia Delta :banghead: It seems fine but isn't really that close. The HP is similar but the weight is ~250 kg to low with full ballast. Racing exhaust was added to match HP, but iin reality we don't have an actual high performance part. Also, the truck has a Supercharger, but you cant add one in the game, and it would be too powerful anyway. If you have suggestions please tell me, I need an SUV with 4000lbs (~1800kg) and ~185 Hp stock, with the ability to add supercharger and some exhaust to get around 230. Otherwise I'm trying this, as other SUVs (mostly concepts) are either too powerful or something else that throws it way off. So far the Lancia is as close as I can get.

Will post time soon.

Edit: Do I have to use the same driving aids and tranny? The truck is Auto and has driving aids and I want to change both.

Edit: Do I have to use the same driving aids and tranny? The truck is Auto and has driving aids and I want to change both.

You can use whatever driving aids you want, and MT or AT. In online races, the guys that don't use aids are almost always the fastest though. But, I use at least TCS on most fwd cars because they just spin unrealistic to me.

In arcade mode you can add weight and hp up to 20% more or less I think, so might want to try playing with that.

Unless you have pilot sport cup tires, you need to be running n3 tires. I bought a g35 coupe in the game and put n3 tires on it. And they're free of charge. This is in GT Mode btw, just in case you are doing arcade.

I didn't realize you could buy stuff that had no credit value. My bad. I got the N3s and ran a best lap of 8.16.166. I'm going to shoot for something in the 8.14s.

Errk...I want to try your car. Will you post the gear settings? Also, did you do just the first weight reduction or all of them?

I didn't realize you could buy stuff that had no credit value. My bad. I got the N3s and ran a best lap of 8.16.166. I'm going to shoot for something in the 8.14s.

Errk...I want to try your car. Will you post the gear settings? Also, did you do just the first weight reduction or all of them?

full weight reduction

EDIT - I redid the gears by doing some math and trying to mimick my exact gear ratios. Its pretty close. 4th gear should be exactly the same, and 3rd is a little shorter, but its very close. Don't use 6th. 5th goes over 160 just fine and I don't have a 6th in RL. So far I did a 7.59.xxx with the new gearing, but I should be able to better it. whoops, forgot to give you the ratios.

Auto 25
1st 3.910
2nd 2.508
3rd 1.786
4th 1.369
5th 1.128
6th 0.926(but don't use, doesn't really accelerate anyway)
final 2.500

full weight reduction

EDIT - I redid the gears by doing some math and trying to mimick my exact gear ratios. Its pretty close. 4th gear should be exactly the same, and 3rd is a little shorter, but its very close. Don't use 6th. 5th goes over 160 just fine and I don't have a 6th in RL. So far I did a 7.59.xxx with the new gearing, but I should be able to better it.

Cool, thanks.

I ran an 8.14.778 this morning but let the revs drop too little low in a few places. Might have to push for 8.13.x

This is a pretty cool idea. I'd like to try out a few of the other cars in the top ten. Where can I find those setups???

You can replace my S1 time with my N3 time if you want.

Careful waiting too long to shift or being in too low of a gear. The turbo runs out of steam past 6k rpms and is evident on uphill sections.

I use all the aids at 1-1-1 just to make it a little easier to handle.

Careful waiting too long to shift or being in too low of a gear. The turbo runs out of steam past 6k rpms and is evident on uphill sections.

I use all the aids at 1-1-1 just to make it a little easier to handle.

sorry bro...the new time was still in the G. I'll rig up your car as soon as I eek another second out of mine.

EDIT: I didn't see a link to the original thread. I'll look around. Thanks.

This is a toughy. I am trying to replicate my parents' Toyota 4 runner and the closest thing is the Lancia Delta :banghead: It seems fine but isn't really that close. The HP is similar but the weight is ~250 kg to low with full ballast. Racing exhaust was added to match HP, but iin reality we don't have an actual high performance part. Also, the truck has a Supercharger, but you cant add one in the game, and it would be too powerful anyway. If you have suggestions please tell me, I need an SUV with 4000lbs (~1800kg) and ~185 Hp stock, with the ability to add supercharger and some exhaust to get around 230. Otherwise I'm trying this, as other SUVs (mostly concepts) are either too powerful or something else that throws it way off. So far the Lancia is as close as I can get.

Will post time soon.

I did the Land Rover Storm Concept SUV in Arcade mode with 286hp and 2250kg to get the same power to weight ratio. I think I did the math right. Runs a 9:30.xxx with n1 tires. You could also try it in GT mode if you have the car and put the weight ballast up.

Back