GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Something tells me that even if GT5 had iRacing physics, GTR sounds, Burnout damage, Forza customization, NFS Shift max PC graphics and more content that ever seen in a video game people would STILL complain. Sheesh. What does it take to be satisfied around here.
It takes much less than you expect - only NOT to be Gran Turismo.

OMG! I won!!
winfi.jpg

Awesome. Well done.

I'm pretty sure damage encroaching on the engine bay isn't allowed by car makers.
Correct, but it's not as simple as that. While that is important to car manufacturers things like generally having their car mangled to a degree that could imply the driver or any passengers would be killed is also generally a no go. Most manufacturers will not allow the damage to extend to deformation or the chassis and sub-frame let alone encroach into the cabin.

Regarding people right to complain and pick at faults, they have a right because it's our money that Sony are asking for. On the flip side, you have a right to love the game and you both have a right to disagree with each other. Telling the other person regardless of which side it's coming from, that they don't have a right to like/dislike the game is whats wrong. You can have a good debate when you discuss pro's and cons in a civilised not so bitchy manner.

I went to BB again, (after waiting 3 days), and still no Gran Turismo 5. My heart is now scarred. I feel betrayed. *sighs*

I also tried Target but they have NO kiosks for ANY console. How rude!

When will I ever get to play this game before November 2nd?

A little common sense and consideration would help though...something quite a few seem to be lacking.

Take damage: Common sense would tell you it's PD's first stab at damage, that the Best Buy demos are being used as damage simulators right now and that the damage OS will need to be tweaked for years to come. Consideration would be that the PS3 simply couldn't manage the additional amount of processing power needed to get anywhere near realistic procedural damage...it would need more polygons, more variables and more complex algorithms.

This is PD's first ever damage implementation...not the third. This is PS3, not PS4.

I really don't mind reading reasonable disappointment but it bugs the hell out of me to read people that want the world on a plate.

Yeah, I'm right there with you when it comes to people who argue as if the game is going to be absolute crap, because this or that feature isn't proper (just looking for a fight), but then there are those that just want a feature to receive a more attention (perfectly fine).

I really couldn't give you any idea of common sense regarding PD's ability to simulate damage, as I am neither a computer scientist nor a 3D modeler, let alone a physicist. The trouble is, even if I was, I could not tell you what tricks PD has up its sleeve with respect to the various game engines, because I do not work there in such a capacity.

All we can really do is view what is thrown our way and personally judge the results as acceptable or not and variations thereof, etc. We can add as much supposition as we'd like, but it doesn't really do anyone any favors to upgrade conjecture to certainty or truth.

The trouble is that our perception of what is common sense is formed by a great many things (bigotry and delusions of grandeur included) and it is anyone's guess when it is more social than logical. I do understand what you are trying to get across with your example, I just don't see it as very logical, as we really don't know why the damage is as we've seen to date.

Pixel powa :lol:
Anyway is that bumper melting or what?

haha:eek::D

hahahahaha Maybe PD should just take out damage altogether and leave it as it was like in GT4 so there's no melting or any of the other complaints you guys can pull out of your butt...

I went to BB again, (after waiting 3 days), and still no Gran Turismo 5. My heart is now scarred. I feel betrayed. *sighs*

I also tried Target but they have NO kiosks for ANY console. How rude!

When will I ever get to play this game before November 2nd?

You gotta try different stores. I've tried a few stores and still only one has the demo.

haha:eek::D

hahahahaha Maybe PD should just take out damage altogether and leave it as it was like in GT4 so there's no melting or any of the other complaints you guys can pull out of your butt...
Overreact much? Take it easy.

Last edited:
Visual, mechanical (well operational) or both?

Ah, stupid me, forgot about the mechanical.
Actually the mechanical would be good for endurance races and that kind of racing.

In GT4 I ran an WRS week (Ford GT @ HSR) so much I had to buy a new car because it had lost horsepower, that is great, I like that kind of ? damage.

I can run enough laps to stay of the walls (opponents, maybe) so impact damage I would rather not have at all.

Thanks for bringing that up.

I will love the Standards just as much as the Premiums. I can't wait to use the Jensen Interceptor.

I was very excited about driving that car too ( one of my favourites in GT4 ) although not so much anymore, wonder why....

Ah, stupid me, forgot about the mechanical.
Actually the mechanical would be good for endurance races and that kind of racing.

In GT4 I ran an WRS week (Ford GT @ HSR) so much I had to buy a new car because it had lost horsepower, that is great, I like that kind of ? damage.

I can run enough laps to stay of the walls (opponents, maybe) so impact damage I would rather not have at all.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Hahaha, good point. In my thoughts, I respected the idea of mechanical damage, but neglected the idea of wear in an endurance race.

The visual damage is interesting and I'm sure would be fun to play around with, but I also think that it might be useful as a good register of the damage done to your vehicle by some online punter.

Back