Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----9/9
Camber:------------2.0/1.9
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------6/2
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Reset to default settings. Autoset to 2, then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.406/2.510/2.000/1.620/1.337/1.111]
Final of 2.500.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: N/A

Brake Balance: 6/18

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 30/30

Aids: N/A
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast. That's all this beast cares about. Driver survival is somewhat low on the priority list here so be careful; a wrong line here or bad braking point there and you will go into the wall. Treat it right and it will do the same, however, and blitz whatever track you wish very quickly. Loss of traction is not tolerated well unless you're either god or lucky enough to have the car slide to exactly where you want it to and then regain grip.

Good luck.

Looks good and I will be driving this soon and give an opinion. :) Of course I have to remember the small difference between NTSC and PAL.

But why there's no FC LSD installed? Is it better that way?

I find that it's somewhat of a tossup. Removing the FC LSD allows for better turn-in at the expense of more snap-oversteer when wheelspin is induced and slightly more exit "push" at the limit.

Okay, I took it out for a spin...

So I installed all the parts to set B, put all settings to default and removed LSD. Then put the RVV setup, and drove out to the track. I took it to GVS, because I'm familliar with that track and had already driven a best lap with the KMW version. So I couldn't help myself comparing it to the KMW RX-7.

Positives:

First thing I noticed was the gear ratios. They seemed absolutely perfect. Usually I drive the tightest U-turn with 2nd gear. Now I dropped all the way to 1st. And that's good to have all the gears used. Not just the 5 highest ones. 👍

Car oversteers. It's a fact. Although, it's not bad thing. Usually oversteer brings wheelspin too, but now it somehow doesn't. You can drive the corners very fast and just let the tail follow. Just feels like a gigantic magnet is pulling you to the apex. Especially the fast corners are better to drive like that. Very nice.

Now some negatives. There's not lot of them but still:

Tyre wear is not balanced because of all the little drifts going on. Yes, rear balanced tyre wear is always the optimal but now it's just too much.

Other thing, unstable braking, is caused by the not-existing LSD. This shows usually in the braking before the last tunnel (GVS), where you have to turn and decelerate at the same time. Sometimes I ended to the concrete wall, bottom first. :ouch:

Last feelings:

Amazing. This tune is definatly created for maximum speed and lowest possible lap times. It's quite fun to drive and actually not so murderer as you first said. Yes, it has some temper, but it controllable. Scared to admit but I could beat the best lap, made with the KMW RX-7. And that's really something, considered that I've driven it for months. This one needed only 20 minutes and ~100km to beat that lap. :dunce: If I had to give it a rating... 9.5 :)

Great car, good job! 👍

I've got a bit of a question... Was the lap my car was being compared to the nitrous lap out of the KMW tune or a non-nitrous lap? If the former... I am pleasantly surprised.

'95 Honda Integra "Inferno" Review

First I took it to Trial Mountain.

The Inferno didn't really suit this track. It was quite fast, but the suspension settings were a bit too stiff and resulted it "skipping" around the bumpier bits making it wheel-spin.

The handling was pretty good but under-steered at wider corners.

My best lap was a 1.39.xxx.

After that, I raced it in a +3 Family Cup race against:

Aston Martin DB7
Shelby Series 1
Lotus Esprit 350
Lotus Esprit V8
(Forgot the 5th car)

The Inferno placed first.

Next, I took it to the 'Ring.

The Inferno was very good around here.

The Transmission suited it quite well, but a bit longer 6th gear for the back straight would of been better.

I had a very clean lap with no spills but it got quite tricky on the really bumpy bits.

I got a 7.51.450 or around there.

I rate it a 7.5.

Great work!

Sadly that tune is more than a bit old and out of date at this point; most of my newer FWD tuning attempts match it on pace with S3 tires and downforce.

Actually, thinking about it, most of my properly good stuff (such as my upcoming Mazda6 and my later revisions of the RSX-S) will do 1:35s very easily at Trial and 1:34s or better with a bit of seat time. More power, more weight, less grip should not equate to the car being faster and easier to drive so I really should revisit that thing.

Back