Post GT1 Images and Videos here!

I have just had an idea. Lets all post our own GT1 photos and videos on this thread. Basicly, what I'm suggesting is that we make one big gallery with loads of photos and videos. I think this should be alot more intresting than just boring old text for a change. :D

Edit: You can take things of the internet, but please try to use your own ones aswell!

Well that's something I can do eventually. Just figured out how to use my cell phone for a camera. Now to dig up some memory cards will take a little while since I haven't played GT1 in well over a year...

Last edited:
Here is one that I found of Google:

gt-psx.jpg

Ah! Looks terrible!! :lol: just kidding.Its just after so many years of playing GT,i kinda got used to the better graphics.But to be honest,i played GT2 more than GT4 anytime,heck if i still had my PSX i would still play GT2 even today.But don't bother with the graphic,just enjoy the game play ;)

Let's try this again. 1988_Nissan_240SX.jpg

YES!!!! :drool: Hey it's my very first ever GT car! the 1988 Nissan 240SX (Silvia Q's) about to win at Autumn Ring Mini in the Sunday Cup!

Here's some videos I found of youtube!

This is the intro to the full PAL version of GT1...
And the the intro to the NSTC-J version...

A quick race around the High Speed ring in a Corvette...

And finally, someone drifting a Corvette around Trail Mountain!

Video 2 and 3 have better graphics since PD used a video editer to make the intro's graphics look better than those in the game. If they made the whole game like that, there would be lots of lag, because the PS1 would'nt be alble to handle it. Anway, I have got 2 more video's...

This is a newer Corvette racing around the Autum Ring....

And this is 11 minutes of Gran Turismo 1!
As you can tell by the theme tune, it's the Japanesse version!

I love the GT1 intro! Compared to that one the others suck!

Cool I never heard the Japanese version of the intro...I prefer the NTSC/Chemical Brothers intro tho...it gets me pumped up. The Japanese version sounds too inspirational--like you're about to watch the news or something. Like you, I also think GT1 to this day has the best intro. 👍

I also watched the Corvette guy drifting..although I can drift better than he can! He's going way too fast; sliding into turns; not really drifting. But it's a good vid to watch anyways.

Last edited:
Cool i never heard the Japanese version of the intro...i prefer the NTSC/Chemical Brothers intro tho...it gets me pumped up. The Japanese version sounds too inspirational--like you're about to watch the news or something. Like you, i also think GT1 to this day has the best intro. 👍

I also watched the Corvette guy drifting..altho i can drift better than he can! He's going way too fast; sliding into turns; not really drifting. But it's a good vid to watch anyways.

I really like the intro because they always get the best angles for the shots, and the music is always in time with it, especially when you see the cars going over the curbs at night on the SSR5!

P.S: You can drift, I cant. I can on games like Driver 2, but it is just so flippin easy on there. All you have to do is turn into the coner at full speed and then control it. But on GT, NO WAY OZAY! Then again, the fact that i'm really good at the actual race driving makes up for it I guess!

P.S.S: I have PAL!

I really like the intro because they always get the best angles for the shots, and the music is always in time with it, especially when you see the cars going over the curbs at night on the SSR5!

P.S: You can drift, I cant. I can on games like Driver 2, but it is just so flippin easy on there. All you have to do is turn into the coner at full speed and then control it. But on GT, NO WAY OZAY! Then again, the fact that i'm really good at the actual race driving makes up for it I guess!

P.S.S: I have PAL!

Sure you can, it just takes a bit more work & knowledge in GT. My first drift in GT1 happened by accident matter of fact. Viper...the first hairpin at Grand Valley. I started to slide sideways so I countersteered. Next thing you know I was drifting (although I didn't know I was at first).

Yea I always liked the first game intro. GT2/NTSC we had the Cardigans "My Favorite Game" which has some nice footage in the intro but it's kind of a downer song...GT3...we had Lenny Kravitz doing an alternate version of "Fly Away"...which I've heard way too many times on the radio. GT4 is the worst. It's got this opera singer at first but then the music cuts into Van Halen's "Panama"..ugh....

...Kazunori may make a great game but whoever was in charge of the music intro in those last 2 games has kinda poor taste in music. :(

Last edited:
Sure you can, it just takes a bit more work & knowledge in GT. My first drift in GT1 happened by accident matter of fact. Viper...the first hairpin at Grand Valley. I started to slide sideways so i countersteered. Next thing you know i was drifting (altho i didn't know i was at first).

Yea i always liked the first game intro. GT2/NTSC we had the Cardigans "My Favorite Game" which has some nice footage in the intro but it's kind of a downer song...GT3...we had Lenny Kravitz doing an alternate version of "Fly Away"...which i've heard way too many times on the radio. GT4 is the worst. It's got this opera singer at first but then the music cuts into Van Halen's "Panama"..ugh....

...Kazunori may make a great game but whoever was in charge of the music intro in those last 2 games has kinda poor taste in music. :(
We had the same intro song for GT2 on the PAL version aswell. I think the GT2 intro is slighty better than GT1, just because there is more footage, and because it has better shots aswell!

We had the same intro song for GT2 on the PAL version aswell. I think the GT2 intro is slighty better than GT1, just because there is more footage, and because it has better shots aswell!

I know. I really dig the old footage in that intro. I forget who the dude is (the one that trashes his car). I wanna say Sterling Moss but I know that aint right.

Last edited:
That's weird. Has there always been a bridge at that part of Trial Mountain? Why am I not remembering that bridge?

Have you seen the bridge? I ain't seen the bridge. Where is that confounded bridge? :)

Last edited:
And this is the intro to the full PAL version of GT1...
('Everything must go' - The Chemical Brothers)
Everytime I see the original intro to the world of Gran Turismo it almost makes me want to cry. Almost.

But in all seriousness, the music in Gran Turismo was much better than it's successors thus far; the mixes that played whilst at the entry screen of a car manufacturer were brilliant, unique and original imo. But that leads to me another point: It seems that the earlier GT's were so much... Gran Turismo-ish (If they were to remix some of the original music in the next few titles, it would bring back oh-so many memories...)

Btw, I also do not remember EVER having passed under that bridge in the PAL version. A mod I suspect?

Everytime I see the original intro to the world of Gran Turismo it almost makes me want to cry. Almost.

But in all seriousness, the music in Gran Turismo was much better than it's successors thus far; the mixes that played whilst at the entry screen of a car manufacturer were brilliant, unique and original imo. But that leads to me another point: It seems that the earlier GT's were so much... Gran Turismo-ish (If they were to remix some of the original music in the next few titles, it would bring back oh-so many memories...)

Btw, I also do not remember EVER having passed under that bridge in the PAL version. A mod I suspect?

I shed a tear or 2! :( That is definitely my favorite intro.

Last edited:

I swear on my life that, that bridge was futher back. I do not rember it being there! I will try and find out...

Just out of intrest, not sure where exactly to post it but what does the Subaru Impreza Rally Car look like off GT1? I never actually owned GT1 so I don't know, please reply a.s.a.p as I have some shots to take for a certain tournament...

Man those Emulator pics above look so much better than on the PS1!

Attachments

• GT1 various.jpg
    GT1 various.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 67
  • GT1 race.jpg
    GT1 race.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 61

Latest Posts

Back