“Heavy” Handling

• Thread starter ZondaLM
  • 6 comments
I hate starting new threads but I cannot find what I need, however, if you know of any threads covering this topic, please let me know.

I have returned to GT3 after a long 6-month absence due to GT4 but the Formula 1 car in GT4 just cant measure up to the six beasts from the 20th century. After adjusting to the different physics, I entered the Formula 1 championship and did reasonably well with one of my F090/s until the mileage got to the relatively weak ten-cylinder engine. With no power to compensate for my errors, one negative characteristic became a nuisance.

In the Grand Valley race, just after the final tunnel, at the tight left to right hand switchback, the car becomes a brute to handle. Because I come out of the tunnel traveling very nearly at top speed (180) the distance is hard to judge and I usually turn in a little to early, however this should not have been a major problem. Instead of swinging wide to the right, my F1 somehow made the regular apex and kept turning left putting me straight into the wall. I literally had to stop to get the beast to come right and fought the car all the way to the next turn just to keep it from plowing into the grass on the right where the alternate route merges in

This is just one example of its sluggish response. Because of its incredible cornering speed, it can be extremely unpredictable. I want the car to straighten out at the exit of corners instead of swinging blindly in it original arc. Any advice?

Unfortunately the same thing always happens to me and I cannot figure out a way to fix it either. I have cursed many times at that exact section of Grand Valley. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with that same problem. Anyone that does know of any different settings or techniques that can help would be appreciated.

ZondaLM
I hate starting new threads but I cannot find what I need, however, if you know of any threads covering this topic, please let me know.

I have returned to GT3 after a long 6-month absence due to GT4 but the Formula 1 car in GT4 just cant measure up to the six beasts from the 20th century. After adjusting to the different physics, I entered the Formula 1 championship and did reasonably well with one of my F090/s until the mileage got to the relatively weak ten-cylinder engine. With no power to compensate for my errors, one negative characteristic became a nuisance.

In the Grand Valley race, just after the final tunnel, at the tight left to right hand switchback, the car becomes a brute to handle. Because I come out of the tunnel traveling very nearly at top speed (180) the distance is hard to judge and I usually turn in a little to early, however this should not have been a major problem. Instead of swinging wide to the right, my F1 somehow made the regular apex and kept turning left putting me straight into the wall. I literally had to stop to get the beast to come right and fought the car all the way to the next turn just to keep it from plowing into the grass on the right where the alternate route merges in

This is just one example of its sluggish response. Because of its incredible cornering speed, it can be extremely unpredictable. I want the car to straighten out at the exit of corners instead of swinging blindly in it original arc. Any advice?

I think starting a new thread won't hurt. Hell, this forum is so slow, a brand new thread every 2 weeks won't hurt anything...this ain't the hot place to be anymore :)

I am making my way slowly thru Gran Tree 3 and so I haven't barely started the pros yet. So in other words, I can't help you. All I know is in that section you speak of, the Ai gets overeager and tries to plow into me whenever possible, because usually you have to brake heavily before that first left turn lest you wind up understeering too much and mess up the 2nd turn into the 2nd tunnel. Like I said, I haven't got to the F1 races yet so I'll keep your complaint about this section in mind.

Last edited:
Suspension settings and driving assistance settings are crucial in the F1 Cars, You will also want more front braking than the rear!

try playing around with your downforce, more in the front and less in the rear make it less stable, but more throwable, but never spinout-able. :)

All the cars in GT3 feel "heavy" compared to those in GT4 of course, thanks to the change in physics. It seems in GT3 like you can't put weight on one tire of the car, like in GT4. It's like all four wheels of the car are one, and if one's on the ground then all of them are. And the weight of the car doesn't feel as shifty as in GT4. Well, that's just the change in physics. Anyway, I've had a similar feeling with the F1 at the part of Grand Valley Speedway. I think balancing a small bit of acceleration with the braking would keep it from spinning or going it's own way.

Those are the reasons Hybrided the heck out of my GT3 Garage, Once you change the chasis on 90% of the cars, All that pushing from the cars is gone, When you swap chasis you give the car a lot less weight, In return will get the car around corners faster and you can punch it out of the end of the turn!

Back