•••• ZAsylum 500™ •••• - Tuner Settings Catalogue©

• Thread starter zefff
  • 39 comments
Welcome to ZAsylum 500 settings catalogue!

Here I will place my products (set ups) for others to test drive. You could even review one if you want! :)

All or most of my products are extreme and some even dangerous, hence the name Asylum! The goal is a drivers sense of challenge with agility and speed through corners.* I limit my products to 500bhp max as I feel this is a good level of power that can be harnessed by the tyres without any waste. The concept began as I wanted to prove what other base models could achieve and how they compared to the near perfect Amuse S2000 that seemed to effortlessly dominate the sub-500bhp class. I generally employ R3 tyres, no nitrous, full weight reduction and no driver aids.

*I wont include gear settings but as a rule my products redline at about ~150 to 170mph because of the sprint car concept.

For your information ZAsylum products are developed at Autum Ring, Infinion Raceway (stockcar) and Trial Mountain. If you want a short life take them to the Nurburgring! :D

Product Listings:

Mazda ZA01-RX8 Type S 419
RUF ZA02-3400S 500
Lotus ZA03-98GT 491
Mitsubishi ZA04-TME GSR 496
Stratos teaser
Mitsubishi ZA05 - TME RS 486/Ver.2 491
Lancia ZA06-Stratos 331
RX700RS teaser
Mazda ZA07-RX700RS 495
Rotary Rivalry teaser
Rotary Rivalry FD3 Battle Part 1
Rotary Rivalry FD3 Battle ROUND 1: RS vs Bathurst
Rotary Rivalry FD3 Battle ROUND 2: RE-Amemiya vs Spirit R
Rotary Rivalry FD3 Battle ROUND 3: '00 Type RS vs Spirit R
Mitsubishi Evolution VII GTA

Haha, it's about time. ;)

Also, I'd just get rid of the "product" word altogether. It sounds tacky and confusing. Ditto with the "catalogue" word. I'd rename it with "zefff's set-up/settings factory" or something like that.

Just my
twocents.gif

Mazda RX8

ZA01-Type S 419.

Maximum grip with easy oversteer from a stiff chasis. Enjoy this product.

Times (with DS2):

Infineon - 1'11.563
Autumn Ring - 1'15.743
Autumn Ring Mini - 0'35.108
Trial Mountain - 1'25.782

RUF 3400S

ZA02-3400S 500.

Potential unleashed to make the Boxster a ferocious drive. Enjoy this product and please give feedback.

Times (with DS2), R3 tyres:

Infineon - 1'10.752
Autumn Ring - 1'13.085
Autumn Ring Mini - 0'35.168
Trial Mountain - 1'23.681

Lotus Esprit GT '98

ZA03-98GT 491

Graceful aggression using the balance and weight as an advantage before power and force. Enjoy this product and please give feedback.

Times (with DS2), R3 tyres:

Infineon (stock)- 1'11.724
Autumn Ring - 1'14.840
Autumn Ring Mini - not tested (~ sub 37)
Trial Mountain - 1'26.264

Mitsubishi Evolution VI TME GSR

ZA04-TME GSR 496

Making use of the AYC technology as Ralliart intended to bring out the agility in this heavy, ultimate CP9A. 50:50 front/rear power ratio is retained so no VCD is used in this product although its addition should bring out more oversteer if you wish. Enjoy this product and please give feedback. 👍

Shakedown times (with DS2), R3 tyres:

Infineon (stock)- 1'10.822
Autumn Ring - 1'15.247
Autumn Ring Mini - 0'35.255
Trial Mountain - 1'27.551

The way you lay out these settings really is amazing, they all look beautiful! I'll have to try out your Boxter setup for some fun :)

Keep it up!

DE

Thankyou so much. I really enjoy making the spreads as I am aiming to put across the spirit behind my settings and not just a list of numbers.

I was worried that the information not being so easily accessible might put people off so if it helps I can add the full setup list to each post in the traditional manner. What do people think of this?

Also I must admit that I am learning a lot from other knowledgable members here like Duck. Adding aspects of their ideas to make my own better will mean my setups will evolve all the time, although I will always try to keep my own style. Ive found doing this thread has made my setups evolve another step and thats great for whooping ass in multiplayer over the holidays! :)

zefff
Thankyou so much. I really enjoy making the spreads as I am aiming to put across the spirit behind my settings and not just a list of numbers.

I was worried that the information not being so easily accessible might put people off so if it helps I can add the full setup list to each post in the traditional manner. What do people think of this?

Also I must admit that I am learning a lot from other knowledgable members here like Duck. Adding aspects of their ideas to make my own better will mean my setups will evolve all the time, although I will always try to keep my own style. Ive found doing this thread has made my setups evolve another step and thats great for whooping ass in multiplayer over the holidays! :)
If you're going to do the list, then do it now. It's a lot easier to do 5 than 30 (which happened to me). :crazy:

And I agree with set-ups evolving. I created my SLR set-up as my first one, with a lot of misguidance (like stiffening the rear to make it oversteer). Now, I retuned it a month ago, and I shaved off several seconds. Tuners always get better over time, not worse.

Mitsubishi Evo VI TME RS

ZA05 - TME RS 486

Not changing the oil allowed ZA to employ the HKS original turbo that gives better torque. This higher torque allows the driver to pick up speed from any position for better acceleration out of any corner using the lightweight to improve times over the GSR variant.

(VCD was implemented strongly but this has not given the dramatic oversteer we anticipated leaving the car quite neutral in most situations. This will be addressed in the future.)

Infineon (stock)- 1'10.086
Autumn Ring - 1'14.373
Autumn Ring Mini - 0'35.518
Trial Mountain - 1'24.139

NEW Ver.2 Gives huge improvements! Increased power, better poise through corners and reduced understeer!

Bring on the 'Red Wedge', I've been waiting for a good setup for the Stratos for a while :) I wanna look where I'm going out of the side window!

DE

Stratos '73

ZA06-Stratos 331

A delicate touch is required to control this car whose rear end swings like a pendulum. Although the effects of oversteer have been reduced they are still utilised to propell the car through corners using momentum. Warning!...Only the expert driver :)

Infineon (stock)- 1'13.421
Autumn Ring - 1'15.648
Trial Mountain - 1'27.492

P.S. please check the revised ZA05 - TME RS with huge improvements in every dept.

Thanks very much. If you see any magazines ripping me off please let me know! :D :lol:

Anyway Ive nearly finished digesting Scaff's suspension guide and can see the benefits this knowledge gives to my setups already. The trick will be keeping mine a bit wild and not too easy to drive. :) I am working on an RX7, an M coupe and also NSX Type R at the moment but dont know which to finish first??? 💡

zefff
Thanks very much. If you see any magazines ripping me off please let me know! :D :lol:

Anyway Ive nearly finished digesting Scaff's suspension guide and can see the benefits this knowledge gives to my setups already. The trick will be keeping mine a bit wild and not too easy to drive. :) I am working on an RX7, an M coupe and also NSX Type R at the moment but dont know which to finish first??? 💡

zeff, good to hear that the guide has been of use and that its finding its way into some of you're set-ups.

Still love the way in which you have put all of this together, I for one have saved and printed off what you have done so far and it looks very impressive. 👍

Regards

Scaff

what about my settings though? If you have tried any please tell me what they are like. If you feel they are not up to par that is cool. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

RX7 '00 Type RS

ZA07-RX700RS 495

This FD has excellent agility and huge potential for speed through all types of corner even with the uncompromising stiffness. As far as 500's go, this is a candidate for king even though the concept has aimed to deliver a fun challenge that keeps the driver on his toes, rather than an outright fast setting.

Infineon (stock)- 1'08.999
Autumn Ring Mini- 0'34.817
Autumn Ring- 1'12.922
Trial Mountain - 1'23.954

Enjoy this monster!...but (once I find my memory stick) look out for the ZAsylum 'FD battle' special edition settings comparison. Includes this editions '00 RS (on revised Mazdaspeed race suspension), '01 R Bathurst R and '02 Spirit R in three way battle and analysis. The feature will also investigate how they stack up against the ZAsylum 500 spec triple rotor RE-Amemiya RX7 and the LM FD3 RX7 - both in 500 trim!!!

Rotary Rivals FD3 Battle

6 cars in direct comparison across 3 tracks, La Sarthe, Citta di Aria and Nurburgring. Its a big undertaking so Ive had to break it down a bit, heres our introduction to the cars taking part and the settings that will be tested.

zefff, you're magical in creating your photo tuning pics. It's really well done.

And you may want to remove the black bar, too.

ROUND 1

00RS vs 01Bathurst at La Sarthe

:ouch: Sorry about the bars at the bottom but for some reason they keep appearing evn though I click to remove them :grumpy:

I dont mind as long as its not in this thread! ;)

Been busy training and working hard so havent had time to generate the latest settings spreads yet but I have all the results and data ready :)

Round 2

RE-Amemiya vs Spirit-R Type A

Sorry 4 the delays, I broke my hand and cant play PS2 but I can just about work photoshop now :indiff:

Back