Σ Interregional GT500 Championship | Drivers' Champion - Norax! Team - Sard RC F!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 199 comments
got home too late for d2 race , im in the d1 room streaming if anyone wants to watch

twitch.tv/skengd

Last edited:
To bad i missed the signup for this, maybe next season then..

Sign ups are always open my friend, we'd love to have you 👍 Each round is like its own big event, so don't worry so much about the championship.

Ok so wrapping up round 1 -

Thanks so much to all the officials and participants that were involved with Round 1. D2 was smooth but we kept having issues in D1 with people not being able to see each other. Once we switched to Friends Only Fixed Host, things were a lot better. So going forward, we're going to stick with that. I had a lot of time to think during my race, being in third place with oceans between me, 2nd and 4th, so expect a good number of tweaks to be made to the series. Great learning experience. Everyone did great, thanks so much for your understanding.

Tweaks that I have in mind right now -

Higher fuel settings:
The one stopper was too easy to pull off and everyone was hating life on worn tires. The GT-R is especially difficult on worn tires. I want to increase the fuel consumption in order to bring cars in for multiple stops. A one stopper should be almost off the table, I've decided. I believe that this way, the three cars will be balanced out a bit more as well over the course of a race.

Qualifying deadline:
24 hours seems a bit much. So I'm bringing it a bit down - to 12 hours.

Division size:
I'm going to bring this up from 12 to 14. With Fixed Hosting, this shouldn't be an issue. I learned just how terrible the unfixed hosting can be.

Joining races at the back: If I've raced with you before, or you've done at least one round of IGTC, I will allow drivers to start at the back of the grid without submitting qualifying times.

Strict rule about talking during races:
Absolutely no talking on mic during a race whatsoever, unless you are the race director.

Blue flag rules:
No big deal here, just want to add a rule to remind people that they need to be good about being predictable and moving over for cars on the lead lap that are lapping them. This is well understood by most racers, but it needs to be emphasized here because we were running with ghosting off.

I'd love to hear your opinions on all of these matters. Let's work together to make our races as exciting and smooth as possible :cheers:

Higher fuel settings:
The one stopper was too easy to pull off and everyone was hating life on worn tires. The GT-R is especially difficult on worn tires. I want to increase the fuel consumption in order to bring cars in for multiple stops. A one stopper should be almost off the table, I've decided. I believe that this way, the three cars will be balanced out a bit more as well over the course of a race.
I don't know about you guys but I would love to see strategies like this be possible.

If you raced today, are you locked to whatever car you used? Or can we change it? I didn’t have time to test all three since I joined so late, so I figured I’d give the two others a go, if it’s an option to change?

Yeah sorry, gotta stick with the car you qualified with. If it's a car you don't like as much, it'll be a great learning experience. @250 GTO Maybe I could make a rule about being able to switch cars as long as you give up your results so far.

No problem. It’s not that I don’t like it, I was just wondering :)
Besides it’s a short series, so it’s not the end of the world if you picked the wrong car.

Higher fuel settings:
I guess it'll be more exciting with more pits. 👍

Qualifying deadline:
Even 6 hours should be OK I think. But it's up to you.

Joining races at the back: If I've raced with you before, or you've done at least one round of IGTC, I will allow drivers to start at the back of the grid without submitting qualifying times.
👍

Absolutely no talking on mic during a race whatsoever, unless you are the race director.
All went like a charm during the race for me, I heard absolutely nobody :) .
I'm not sure but I think that I heard more than 2 people (you and John) speaking prior to the race. And I have to say that it's pretty difficult to understand when people speak at the same time since English isn't my native language. I started to learn English on gtplanet when I met you just as a reminder ahah.

I think preventing 1 stop strategies is a good idea too - two stop minimum so there are options in terms of undercuts and varying fuel strategies :)

Was a good race in D2, for my part a fun but ultimately futile attempt at outrunning Phish as he consumed the entire grid!

Sign ups are always open my friend, we'd love to have you 👍 Each round is like its own big event, so don't worry so much about the championship.

Ok so wrapping up round 1 -

Thanks so much to all the officials and participants that were involved with Round 1. D2 was smooth but we kept having issues in D1 with people not being able to see each other. Once we switched to Friends Only Fixed Host, things were a lot better. So going forward, we're going to stick with that. I had a lot of time to think during my race, being in third place with oceans between me, 2nd and 4th, so expect a good number of tweaks to be made to the series. Great learning experience. Everyone did great, thanks so much for your understanding.

Tweaks that I have in mind right now -

Higher fuel settings:

Qualifying deadline:

Division size:
I'm going to bring this up from 12 to 14. With Fixed Hosting, this shouldn't be an issue. I learned just how terrible the unfixed hosting can be.

Blue flag rules:
No big deal here, just want to add a rule to remind people that they need to be good about being predictable and moving over for cars on the lead lap that are lapping them. This is well understood by most racers, but it needs to be emphasized here because we were running with ghosting off.

I'd love to hear your opinions on all of these matters. Let's work together to make our races as exciting and smooth as possible

Once agian, thanks for organising this, its running quite smoothly and that doesn't come by itself:cheers:.

I agree with all the tweaks you're planning on, Wardez.

An opservation from the race; Not many seemed to respect the pit entry line - perhaps it doesn't matter?

I apologies for talking during the pre-race chat, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to say anything and use the discord text chat instead, whops :)

I'll write a little race report later.

7060FC8A-A7C8-4189-902A-8B4892543238.jpeg
CDFAA6B8-FA45-4E3D-A286-3BB49D68EC1A.jpeg
47F8C07D-BBFB-4015-803A-8DD2D520C81E.jpeg
5EF9FB43-9C88-45FF-BEC5-E906C5511E14.jpeg
This will be my car in this Championship, hope it will treat me good..

A little race report from my perspectice; Very consistent, no incidents and pleased with my result, my goal was reached. It was very intense eventough I didn't have any real close battles.

1st stint: Started P5 with @CrazyJohn in front of me, who made an early mistake which gained me P4. I found my rhythm while @Wardez was getting away on 3rd, while I made a gap on those behind me. With Wardez, @GTP_Versatile (Setted) and @Norax being in a league above me, I couldn't do much more than hold my pace and hope for mistakes. Then @Lord Protector started gaining on me from P5, and I expected to get some close battles in the laps before the first pit. It didn't happen, as he suddenly lost time on me. @andp132 (Andro) Pitted early, which was quite interesting.

2nd stint: I pitted perhaps one lap too late (race lap 20), as my tires was pretty worn then, but it meant I had fresh tires in comparison and only 19 laps for the new tires. Was surprized to leave the pits with Andro (P4) in 3-4 seconds front of me and Wardez (P3) a bit further ahead. The hunt was on and with 3-4 laps fresher tires than Andro, I had an edge and slowly gained. Again Wardez just kept getting further away from us.

I came within 1 second of Andro on race lap 25-26 and an close battle was iminent (see image). An overtake was possible coming out of the fast esses and we're side by side coming down to the right hander before sector 3, with me on the inside. Sadly lag seemed to have ruined an eventuel battle, as Andro jerked away on the apex with no contact and plenty of space (while his streering input didn't reflect that jerk in the replay). In the replay it was clear that Andro sadly had to fuel save.

After getting P4 again, I lost a bit concentration for a few laps but found the consistency again. From there it was just driving it home. The last lap was the only time I lifted at the busstop, just had to make sure I'd make it, hehe.

Congrats to @Norax for the win - very consistent driving!
--

Andro and me in the fast esses before the overtake
full

Before the start of the race, very nice line up and look at the crowd!
full

By the way - can the lobby be set up so that we're not assinged door numbers? It ruins the livery :)

Yeah I remember how I was gaining on you but then I started to experiment with saving fuel and somehow managed to hit the bus stop barrier :D on top of that I ran out of fuel in the start of the last lap :D

I was hoping for a battle with you though :D maybe next time.

Yeah I remember how I was gaining on you but then I started to experiment with saving fuel and somehow managed to hit the bus stop barrier :D on top of that I ran out of fuel in the start of the last lap :D

I was hoping for a battle with you though :D maybe next time.

Hopefully next time ;)

I asked for this in the chat lobby but someone answered negatively, dunno why though..

Uh, I agree, a bit strange to answer negative of something so trivial. Perhaps there is a good reason then :/

Once agian, thanks for organising this, its running quite smoothly and that doesn't come by itself:cheers:.

I agree with all the tweaks you're planning on, Wardez.

An opservation from the race; Not many seemed to respect the pit entry line - perhaps it doesn't matter?

I apologies for talking during the pre-race chat, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to say anything and use the discord text chat instead, whops :)

I'll write a little race report later.

Yeah, I don't put much emphasis on the pit entry line, at least for this season. Let me just ask for your opinion on why it should be a thing though, is it because it feels more realistic or do you think it serves more of a purpose than that?

And no! haha, that was not directed toward talking before the race, I mean during the race. @CrazyJohn talked on mic while we were racing, which I was trying to make clear is not allowed. Only the race director can talk during a race unless a driver needs to say something absolutely vital to the race. I'm trying to keep the racing environment as free of unnecessary distractions as possible.

By the way - can the lobby be set up so that we're not assinged door numbers? It ruins the livery :)

Good report Monoha, glad you had fun 👍

And yeah, that was unintentional. I'll definitely keep that from happening next time 👍

Here's some laps I uploaded for you guys to reference. First is a 1:24.917 during a race on lower fuel in the NSX

And then a qualifying simulation in the GT-R which was a 1:25.108

Yeah, I don't put much emphasis on the pit entry line, at least for this season. Let me just ask for your opinion on why it should be a thing though, is it because it feels more realistic or do you think it serves more of a purpose than that?

And no! haha, that was not directed toward talking before the race, I mean during the race. @CrazyJohn talked on mic while we were racing, which I was trying to make clear is not allowed. Only the race director can talk during a race unless a driver needs to say something absolutely vital to the race. I'm trying to keep the racing environment as free of unnecessary distractions as possible.

Good report Monoha, glad you had fun 👍

And yeah, that was unintentional. I'll definitely keep that from happening next time 👍

Here's some laps I uploaded for you guys to reference. First is a 1:24.917 during a race on lower fuel in the NSX

And then a qualifying simulation in the GT-R which was a 1:25.108

This was indeed a truly thrilling race. Great driving from all, but to be honest I didn’t expect nothing less than a fair and tactical battle. I‘m looking forward to this type of racing in the main event. It‘ll be awesome.

Updates for next round:

Round 2 - May 6 - Interlagos (Sprint 1 - 13:45 Fine Weather | Sprint 2 -16:45 Cloudy ) -
100km + 100km Sprints - 23 laps each
Sprint 1 - Tires 1x Fuel 2x
Sprint 2 - Tires 5x Fuel 6x
Initial Fuel: Default.

Important Notes:
Qualifying will be run using Sprint 1 settings.

Sprint 2 grid will be based on results from Sprint 1.

I've added all the stewards. Try to get my quali in today or tomorrow. In good spirits with the Lexus, won my first FIA race 2 days ago and got promoted to DR A. :D

Back