≈ The DriveTrain Challenge - Come Join us Fridays for some relaxed racingOpen 

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 2,185 comments
Have only scratched the surface in GTS so far. No tuning prohibited as we all know...so seeing as how this is a fun night anyways, and I think most of us are too lazy to make tunes anyways, we should be fine until they add that feature.

I know previously we did one drivetrain per week. 4 weeks in a season...FF, 4wd, MR/RR and FR. I think it was one race at a particular track then a reverse grid race. I know pit stops were mandatory and the races were 30+mins each.

Do we want to keep it that way or maybe do 3 races at the same track and shorten them up a bit? I know we will all be new to the game and trying to learn tracks etc so these first few weeks of racing should be as fun as possible. And driving off the track and getting left behind to race by yourself all night isn't much fun in longer races.

It feels great to see here people with whom I had such a blast in a particular moment in time.
The drive train challenge was probably one of the smartest ideas i saw coming out from granturismo and the greatest thing about it was that the driving was not the main base for success but instead a smart car choice and strategy.
I'm not buying GTS because I fell I love with the sim side of car racing games and the reviews from people I like is that polyphony can't offer a decent driving feel so despite all the great qualities that I know it has it misses the most important... the simulation factor.
Big CHEERS to all of you.

Oh my beautiful @Schmiggz with the same birthday as me...

PCars is so good in so many ways but the lure of painting my own cars, watching good replays and nostalgia has brought me back to GT. If PCars2 would fix tuning prohibited and all the myriad of stupid bugs in their product then I will buy it. Until then GTS is so pretty and polished that I will be entertained until they bring more cars and tracks and hopefully tuning prohibited racing.

I'm down for any kind of racing at this point Joe. I'll have the game by the end of the month but we can nix the pit stops and go to 10 or 15 minute races in the beginning to get our feet wet.

Yeah I agree. I’m still doing some of the license tests in the beginning. Tired of spending all my time trying to gold everything so I think I’m going to blast through them with minimum effort to unlock whatever there is to unlock.

Then do the track challenges which will help learn the tracks.

Not sure which of us should start a thread in the GTS area because I’m terrible at that stuff.

Oh my beautiful @Schmiggz with the same birthday as me...

PCars is so good in so many ways but the lure of painting my own cars, watching good replays and nostalgia has brought me back to GT. If PCars2 would fix tuning prohibited and all the myriad of stupid bugs in their product then I will buy it. Until then GTS is so pretty and polished that I will be entertained until they bring more cars and tracks and hopefully tuning prohibited racing.
I'm playing Assetto Corsa, Joe.

Did I just read that there is no chat in GT Sport online races? That would be terrible. Making fun of each other the whole night was like 66.66666667% of the fun.

Hello you sums of beaches. Looks like there are only race cars. I have finished all the tracks and the learning part. About 70 percent done with the challenges. So whatever ya'll want to do is good with me.
Joe is getting old and slow.

Well currently the car/track selection for GTS is so much worse than PCARS. We’d have more variety in PCARS.

I just ordered it a couple days ago so I’ll have both games. GTS is fun and beautiful and a successor to GT6 but all the old tracks and cars are gone. Updates are promised but no idea what is actually going to be coming.

Sadly, no PC Joby. It's too bad they killed chat during races in GT Sport because that was half of our night in DTC. Maybe it will be an option down the road but I'm not holding my breath.

DTC was a good moment in time but I think it's a closed chapter. Life keeps going, people drift in different directions and me, personally, i can't play granturismo anymore.
We'll keep the replays and the memories of really good competition.

DTC was a good moment in time but I think it's a closed chapter. Life keeps going, people drift in different directions and me, personally, i can't play granturismo anymore.
We'll keep the replays and the memories of really good competition.
DTC will live forever;)

Back