PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
Good Afternoon All,

I apologize for not attending the race today. I had a family emergency that cropped up that I had to go take care of. I hope it was a good event and kick off to the first season in 2018. See you all next week!

Best Regards,

-Haz

Onespace and Stanc would have been close as well, given their pace in race 2. I tried to push hard in race 2 to make up for lost time, but pushed a bit too hard towards the end :P

To be fair, I absolutely love that track, one of my favorites, I practice it hard. It feels so damn good when you get the mountain section just right.

Onespace and Stanc would have been close as well, given their pace in race 2. I tried to push hard in race 2 to make up for lost time, but pushed a bit too hard towards the end :P

To be fair, I absolutely love that track, one of my favorites, I practice it hard. It feels so damn good when you get the mountain section just right.

So just to know where my pace stood for Bathurst, what was your fastest race trim lap with a fuller fuel tank?

I was running 2:13:xxx's with 50 - 75 L of fuel in the car during my practices. Don't know what a qualification time would have been.

My fastest in race 2 was a low 2:14, I forget what it was in race 1, but I think it was around the same. In practice, I had 2:13s, but it was too hard to stay consistent when pushing that hard. I think qually was a low 2:13, but I only had one lap, because I kept disconnecting and had to reset my router. I had a 2:12.5 on a practice qually lap, and still not sure how I managed to hang on to it over the mountain, it's scary!

Edit: That fastest lap in race 2 was early too, maybe lap 4-5, because I had to pit after damage, so I had to catch up! Managed to get within .1 of it near the end as well with a lighter car.

Last edited:

To be fair, I absolutely love that track, one of my favorites, I practice it hard. It feels so damn good when you get the mountain section just right.[

No one had pace with me in the second race. To bad I didn't load my race setup in race 1. Would of been nice to come away Sunday with both wins.

No one had pace with me in the second race. To bad I didn't load my race setup in race 1. Would of been nice to come away Sunday with both wins.
Yea I was only doing high 2.15s I only finsh decent because I was consistent. But deff gonna try to tune the car more unless someome wants to share that 2.13 awesomeness

Yea I was only doing high 2.15s I only finsh decent because I was consistent. But deff gonna try to tune the car more unless someome wants to share that 2.13 awesomeness

I originally started from a PCARS1 setup for Bathurst.........and it was terrible. Car was way too soft and unpredictable. My first assumption is because of the change to the tire model, and ultimately the physics model. I ended up going back to the base loose setup, adjusting it a little bit, and I went from 2:15s to 2:13s, within 3 laps. Could start from there too.

I originally started from a PCARS1 setup for Bathurst.........and it was terrible. Car was way too soft and unpredictable. My first assumption is because of the change to the tire model, and ultimately the physics model. I ended up going back to the base loose setup, adjusting it a little bit, and I went from 2:15s to 2:13s, within 3 laps. Could start from there too.

Essentially same here. The only things I adjusted from the base loose setup were:

Brake Balance / Pressure
Tire Pressures
Front Sway Bar
Rear Camber
Front / Rear Toe
Front / Rear Bump Stop
Final Drive
Preload
Deceleration Diff.

The list is longer then what I did to each item. Mostly just a click or two.

Essentially same here. The only things I adjusted from the base loose setup were:

Brake Balance / Pressure
Tire Pressures
Front Sway Bar
Rear Camber
Front / Rear Toe
Front / Rear Bump Stop
Final Drive
Preload
Deceleration Diff.

The list is longer then what I did to each item. Mostly just a click or two.

That's pretty close to the same as what I did, minus the bump stop and camber. I ran at 6 downforce too. I found 4 was nice at the start of the race, but as the tires went, the rear lost grip faster and I'd get too much oversteer over the mountain.

Technical breakdowns of the next age of supercars/hypercars are so awesome to watch. I've watched the P1 tech video Chris Harris and Chris Goodwin did at Yas Marina several times. Goodwin knows his stuff, and it's so fun watching him gawk over the car like it's his first time seeing it, even though he's explained this stuff to people several times, and driven the car for years.

Has anybody done any SNOW testing at RA yet? What tires worked best for you in the snow portion of our race setup: Wets or All Terrains ?

Wets work much better for me but so far I only tried AT when it was actually snowing. They suck.

Season 3 Round 1 Points:

PITS 2 S3R1.jpg

Back