PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
I developed a spreadsheet to help with tuning your gearbox with less trial-and-error

First step is to calculate the tire diameter. The final result is not 100% accurate, but it is close enough to match what is really happening.

With the Bentley I went onto Daytona Speedway and run every gear to the rev limiter (7000 RPM) and noted the speed I was traveling at. Also ran 1st and 2nd on the pit lane limiter and noted the rpm at 59km/h. I then go the spread sheet and fill in the Final Drive and the Gear Ratios for the respective gears.

All of this calculates the average wheel diameter (and use some savvy).

upload_2018-4-21_17-1-14.png

For the next part you decide the lowest RPM you can dip between shifts, your ideal shift point and your red line. The Torque and HP values are optional and for info only. Not used in calculations.

upload_2018-4-21_17-6-41.png

For the next part you put the gear ratios in (and this is where you are going to play with the numbers a lot.

upload_2018-4-21_17-8-56.png

Based on the adjustments above your numbers below will change accordingly. The RPM number in each column is where it starts after the shift to that gear (check the digital rpm for accuracy, not the analog). The km/h is what your speed will be at the shift point to the next gear and the last column is the speed at the red line. The Bentley has many adjustments for each gear, so it is nice to see how things change as you try to balance the min rpm and max speed for each gear setting. Other cars have limited or no adjustments, so no point in playing with this too much in those cases.

upload_2018-4-21_17-17-22.png

Not to worry, there is a murican sheet for those who want to play in miles per hour....

If you want a copy of the spread sheet PM me and I'll send it to you. If you have questions, ask - what is logical for one might be complicated for another and visa versa.

What happen with PITS attendence? It's not summer yet. Or is it something else?

Ya its steadily going down. What's the plan to get more cars on the grid? Its not turning out to be much fun when there's a 10 second gap between everyone. I want to race against cars, not just my lap time clock.

I did a quick few laps on Watkins Glen and hit the low 1:34's with a potential in the 1:33's The tires (soft slicks) however are cooking after just a few laps - hitting 118 C (mainly on the inside of the left front tire. Others are hot too, but not this much). What can you do to manage tire temperature? (except for going slower.....)

I would deff like to see another full season. I know Summer is coming up and I'm gonna be missing a few races myself. But I hope we can all get back to racing soon

I did a quick few laps on Watkins Glen and hit the low 1:34's with a potential in the 1:33's The tires (soft slicks) however are cooking after just a few laps - hitting 118 C (mainly on the inside of the left front tire. Others are hot too, but not this much). What can you do to manage tire temperature? (except for going slower.....)
I should be online tomorrow and Tuesday. Let’s figure it out!

We were talking about attendance a bit on Sunday. For suggestions, if you come across some good clean drivers during some online lobbies, recruit them! Same goes if you race in any other series too. I haven't been too active outside of PITS, I think I've only joined 2 online lobbies outside of PITS, haha.

For tire temps, you can reduce the heat by increasing pressures, but you obviously want to keep them in that ideal grip window. Reducing the rolling resistance as much as you can will help keep tire temps down, so adjusting your toe will help too. What kind of track temps we looking at for Watkins Glen?

Hey guys,

I won’t be around this weekend, unfortunately my Dad is in the hospital with a very aggressive form of brain cancer. I am heading out to Arizona to be with him and my Mom and won’t be back for a week or so. Hazard will be handling everything for the league while I’m gone.

See you guys online as soon as I can.

Back