◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,754 comments
Before that official rules clarification is made, I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest a few improvements we can make to improve SNAIL in every regard. They are as follows:

1) Make a spec color for every individual car to be painted. All competitors must run this defined spec color, which will be different for every individual car. This will make things easier in case someone forgets the name of a car at some point. They can just say "the neon green one" or whatever color it is and we'll then easily identify the car they are talking about. Also this will make it harder to identify individual drivers while racing and thus make disagreements about driving etiquette harder to have.

2) Decisions for weekly prize selections must be made between exactly 2:27 and 2:31 AM GMT every Tuesday. If anyone submits a decision later, it will be rejected. We will then go to a default selection of cars and tracks based on an alphabetical order. Any submissions made before 2:27 will be rejected and the prize winner may not be able select the same thing again. This is to standardize the process and make things run more smoothly.

3) Instead of reverse grid races, we should run "reverse races." Drivers are only allowed to use reverse gear during these races. Anyone found to be using a forward gear at any point during these races will be disqualified. This is to enhance the adaptability of all SNAIL drivers. The race starts might be a little hectic, but eventually true driving ability will show through.

4) In order to create a greater sense of community, comaraderie, and equality among all SNAILs, you must address all SNAIL members as "bro" when speaking to them. When speaking about fellow SNAILs in the 2nd person, you must use the prefix "bro" before saying their name. Examples include:
"The other night bro-msgt finished in ......."
"Bro-connorwolf took a different line at ......."

5) At least one race combo per month will be designated as a "lawnmower race." Track boundaries will not be enforced in these races. This is to further develop driver adaptability by exposing drivers to different surfaces during the same race, and to help drivers better understand racing lines by completely opening up the entire track map for exploration. An added benefit is that SNAILs will be better equipped to race in open lobbies where the host allows corner cutting.

I think you'll find that implementing these changes will greatly contribute to a more rewarding SNAIL experience. I would be very surprised if at least 4 of these changes are not made immediately.
Sounds good to me...bro!!!

Logitech support or the logo? I thought someone posted a list of supported wheels a long time ago on this thread. Pretty sure I remembered seeing Logitech for PC.
The logo, the night they had the release date I twitted them and asked if wheel support on the console side was final they said no. And im not saying it will happen but I have good feeling it will if not I will not buy, and if it does and they release Logitech support at the last minute everyone that blew four hundred plus dollars when they didn't have to I be pissed.

Last edited:
Just wanted to pass along some awesome pics that @GranStand Bill shared with me from last weekend's Long Beach Grand Prix. Here's a group photo of @chatva, @dgaf95integra, @GumballCGT, and @GranStand Bill:

ouKQGR6.jpg

And here's a shot of @GumballCGT getting some time on his favorite sim racing stand! Just look at that smile! :D

kXX00sZ.jpg

I'm posting from my phone right now to give everyone a heads up that is waiting for a division placement. I am still at the basketball tournament. We are on a twenty minute break before we play the 'IF" game to end the tournament. We lost our second game and have come all the way back through the loser's bracket and beaten the team that beat us to force the "IF" game for the championship. After 7 games, I don't know how much my boys have left in the tank and I know I won't have anything left in the tank by the time I make the hour and a half drive home.

Long story to get to this, division placement will be done first thing in the morning pacific time and the driver's list will be updated at that time. I apologize for the delay but these boys just wouldn't lose today.

I'm thinking of getting a wheel to use with Gran Turismo 6. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good setup that's not crazy in price? Thanks.

I'm thinking of getting a wheel to use with Gran Turismo 6. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good setup that's not crazy in price? Thanks.
Logitech Driving Force Pro or GT can be had from ebay for under $100. Wheel and ffb is great for price, but pedals are rather light without modifying the internal tension springs. I have a DFpro that Ive had for 12 years with the springs I bent for more tension on the pedals, and it has worked great for me. Just another cheaper option, but if you have a higher budget, I would go for the G27 or thrustmaster t300. I'm looking to upgrade soon myself. Hope this helped.

Logitech Driving Force Pro or GT can be had from ebay for under $100. Wheel and ffb is great for price, but pedals are rather light without modifying the internal tension springs. I have a DFpro that Ive had for 12 years with the springs I bent for more tension on the pedals, and it has worked great for me. Just another cheaper option, but if you have a higher budget, I would go for the G27 or thrustmaster t300. I'm looking to upgrade soon myself. Hope this helped.
Thanks. Yea I'm just looking for something to use then soon upgrade bigger. Thank you. I'll see if I can find one.

I'm considering G27 since I heard a lot of good things about it and I also like the H pattern shifter. Sequential shifter just seems boring for me.

I'm considering G27 since I heard a lot of good things about it and I also like the H pattern shifter. Sequential shifter just seems boring for me.
I have a g27 and you never use the H pattern! you always use the sequential shifters. And with the idea that logitech isn't going to be on the PS4 buying one at this point just seems flawed.

Edit: Oh and there are alot of cars that you can't use the H pattern for.

Thanks. Yea I'm just looking for something to use then soon upgrade bigger. Thank you. I'll see if I can find one.
you should check fantech web site the 911 wheel is only 179 but with out pedals. might be able to find a set of g27 or g25 pedals for cheap. I was think about going that way I have two sets of pedals and they are not for sale well starting bid is 100 dollars I got gold in the sim world lol

I have a g27 and you never use the H pattern! you always use the sequential shifters. And with the idea that logitech isn't going to be on the PS4 buying one at this point just seems flawed.

Edit: Oh and there are alot of cars that you can't use the H pattern for.
Oh that sucks. I was looking forward to some realistic feel with the H pattern. I'm also looking at some fanatec wheels.

Back