◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,748 comments
Summary for D1:

2017-08-13 D1.png

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 13, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 98 (79.33 for Prize B)
  2. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (107.14 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (100.00 for Prize C)
  3. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DVD7227 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. GTLehman ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00 (Sports: Hard) at Autumn Ring / Forward (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @MajorBlixem wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @MajorBlixem has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 2 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D2 drivers from Sunday night start thinking about combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post it if/when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @MajorBlixem is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car (Racing: Hard) at Apricot Hill Raceway / Forward (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Nicktune gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @TEX36 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540Race Date: Aug. 13, 2017
Currently tracking 1 Incident Report
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

All potential prize winners will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes.

Almost immediate prize selection update.

@MajorBlixem is confirmed as the prize A winner this week. His prize will go over to suggestions from D2 from which he will choose. That process will be started later in this post.

@Nicktune is confirmed as the prize B winner this week. He has already executed prize C this month so if he chooses to use the freeze, which part is being frozen will be determined by a vote from D1.

@TEX36 @Raw10_2u @SlvrOnyx @Engmatic1 @racingchamp30 @pubason @JamCar0ne @DVD @GTLehman all get to make one and only one suggestion for prize A. That suggestion must be made in this thread, it must be clear, there should only be one suggestion per driver, and you must not change your suggestion. Remember that you are making a suggestion and not voting if you like someone else's suggestion. The suggestion window will close at 11PM ET on Tuesday night and @MajorBlixem will make his choice from what is available.

Prize A Suggestion.

Light Car Company Rocket '07 @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

556PP/166 HP before oil change which puts it on RH tires. 563PP/174HP after oil change.

I just spent a few minutes driving..er, wrecking.. a Ferrari F40 in Asseto Corsa, and it reminded me of how lucky we are. In the 90s I enjoyed quite a few pretty good and really fun combat flight sims on PCs, Red Baron 3D being my favorite. About 10 years ago I started looking around for a good console (or PC) combat sim and there was really nothing good, and I don't think that has changed. As automotive and racing enthusiasts, we are blessed with the current and future state of driving sims where we conveniently and safely step into our favorite machinery and have a go anytime we want. Not to mention the chance to race competitively with real people all over the world! Sure beats a model on the shelf...

So I decided to go to square one ( the big mall in ontario) today to try and find cool backpacks for the kids and there they were showcasing the VR head set with GTsport set up in the mall. more importantly they had the direct drive Thrustmaster there.

Got to say it was a great feeling I felt like I was in the car driving! like my hands were attached to the actual steering wheel in the car.

Plus I got a $150 dollar savings coupon for the VR bundle.

So I decided to go to square one ( the big mall in ontario) today to try and find cool backpacks for the kids and there they were showcasing the VR head set with GTsport set up in the mall. more importantly they had the direct drive Thrustmaster there.

Got to say it was a great feeling I felt like I was in the car driving! like my hands were attached to the actual steering wheel in the car.

Plus I got a $150 dollar savings coupon for the VR bundle.

Should I upgrade my TV to a 4K or should I go VR?

@MajorBlixem These are your choices for prize A. You have responded in the conversation so I have no doubt you will make a selection in plenty of time for those that want to practice for practice.

Prize A Suggestion.

Light Car Company Rocket '07 @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

556PP/166 HP before oil change which puts it on RH tires. 563PP/174HP after oil change.

Prize A suggestion:

Ferrari GTO '84 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Belissima.

Prize A Suggestion:

Plymouth Superbird '70 at Tsukuba Circuit

D-2 Prize "A" suggestion:
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter
At: Red Bull Ring

Prize A suggestion :

Ford GT LM Spec ll Test Car At Cape Ring - Periphery

Prize A Suggestion:

Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model
Tokyo R246 - forward

On another note. @Nicktune has not responded to the conversation for potential prize winners this week. He has forfeited his prize over to a voting process. He locks into prize B which means that D1 will get to suggest a replacement element for the remainder of the drivers to vote upon once the prize C winner has chosen to freeze the car or the track.

On that note, @TEX36 is confirmed as the prize C winner and is clear to make his selection to freeze the car or the track.

If you raced in D1 this week, you have the chance to make one suggestion for a track replace Apricot Hill. You must make one, and only one suggestion in this thread for it to be considered. Deadline to submit will be 5 PM ET on Wednesday (we need to allow time for further voting in this case). At that time, all who raced in D2 will be able to vote and that window will close at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Please be clear in your suggestions and do not make any edits that would change the track you are suggesting.

Back