◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
If you raced in D2 this week you get one vote from the below options. Votes must be cast in the main thread and the deadline to submit a vote is 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Once that voting is done and MajorBlixem makes his choice, our combos will be set for this week.

@TEX36 @Raw10_2u @SlvrOnyx @Engmatic1 @racingchamp30 @pubason @JamCar0ne @DVD @GTLehman @MajorBlixem
Prize B Suggestion: Circuito di Roma / Forward

Prize B Track Option - Fuji - GT

Prize A Selection
I'm going with @racingchamp30 's suggestion
Light_Car_Company_Rocket_'07.jpg

Light Car Company Rocket '07

Dealership PP: 556
Dealership HP: 166

Post Oil PP: 563
Post Oil HP: 174

Tires: Racing Hard

Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Lap time: 1:27.000

So here are my initial impressions of the PSVR.

Pros: it works with all games (VR and non) and makes a nice theatre atmosphere (no back lights effecting the screen)
the colors in the centre are crisp and vibrant
Driveclub looks great and the ability to look around the car is perfect plus you can adjust the seat height and seat position within the car to suit your style (hope GTS has this feature)

Cons: it's heavy after an hour on second son my neck got sore (something I could get use to however)
the edges are blurry same with fine print (could be an adjustment issue or the fact that it was on a non VR title)
If you are prone to motion sickness you will feel ill
Know your wheel/ controller you ain't gonna be able to see them while gaming [(unless you game with the controller in your line of sight) that just cool the controller show up on screen with the buttons mapped with available options]

Conclusion: Whether or not it is better than a 4k I couldn't really tell you but for why I'm buying it it should work amazing (Come on GTs live up to expectation)

Since there was no info on a few of the Prize A suggestions:

Ferrari GTO 84 - 520 PP 394 HP before oil change 528 PP 413 HP after oil change SS tires
Plymouth Superbird 70 - 480 PP 423 HP Before oil change 487 PP 446 HP after oil change SM tires
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car - 614 PP ---HP before oil change 622 PP 620 HP after oil change RM tires
Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model "12 - 403 PP 197 HP before oil change 410 PP 208 HP after oil change SH tires
Racing Kart 125 Shifter - 582 PP ----HP before oil change No oil change required

Can someone please get me a lap time in the Mazda on Fuji GT as soon as possible? I'm out of town this week and won't be able to test.

Based on previous combo's with similar PP I guess we will be 7 laps

I'll post it with 7 laps for now and we can change tomorrow if needed.

Combo Button.png For August 20

Last edited:
SNAILs with PC's

I have encountered an opportunity to purchase a motion rig at a pretty substantial savings so I figured I'd throw it out there here too. A member over at CanAmVRL has scored a deal with Promisu on multiple units. List price of the T1000 3DOF is 2700 euros (after removing tax as an export customer. This is a French company), but can be had for only 2300 euro if he orders at least 4 units. It's basically about $2700 USD vs.$3200 list. Even at list price, this may be the best bang for the buck motion system on the market. It's half the price of the SimX level 3 I was planning to purchase.

http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/

So this weekend is another race weekend over here for me so I might not make it but probably will. My brother is doing an all Japanese hour long enduro in a spec Miata so that will be fun to watch:D.

IMG_1783.JPG

Comfortable seat?

The picture shows a BMW Sauber F1.08 that was cut in halflengthwise, perfectly displaying the position of the driver in the car. Marked with a yellow line is the bottom edge of the driver seat and monocoque. The leftmost vertical edge is where the driver touches the pedals whereas the lowest point is where the driver's buttocks are located in the car.

On another note. @Nicktune has not responded to the conversation for potential prize winners this week. He has forfeited his prize over to a voting process. He locks into prize B which means that D1 will get to suggest a replacement element for the remainder of the drivers to vote upon once the prize C winner has chosen to freeze the car or the track.

On that note, @TEX36 is confirmed as the prize C winner and is clear to make his selection to freeze the car or the track.
Sorry! I've been really busy with work.

Edit:
Interesting product in the news section.
https://www.gtplanet.net/drivehub-allows-use-almost-driving-wheel-console/

Back