◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Can someone with D3 access fo me a favor. I will be able to do this but only 10 minutes before the Performance Cap races start.

Can a Friend request be sent to XR_RACER_11 from the D3 lounge? His GTP_XR_RACER_11 account currently has a FR for D3 and that can be deleted to make room.

Thanks.

You're both nuts. :lol: Nothing against whoever picked GVE :dopey: but I think it tends to be a parade with sector 2 being a battle to see who can spend the most time with 3 wheels off the track. I do like the car, though.

Edit: Had my best battle of the night in the first race with you nmcp1. My favorite part of the night, even though you came out ahead.

just sayin, nobody should be spending any time with more than 2 wheels off the track...

What is the rule on what is on track at GVE?
Is the while line still the boundary?

White line, Red/White curbing. Two tires on either.

I assume the issue most have is the left side at the down hill before the double right. Then the middle of double right, going left onto concrete.

I see people do this but honestly its very rarely and tends to happen when nose to tail. At which point the person prob couldn't see the track so well. They never gained from it. So IMO what I've seen isn't report worthy. It's mistakes and not abuse. :)

------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to share some recent work:
Guy comes in wanting me to make a Breather top for his car. Dual Carb set up. Needs to be low profile and match his current valve covers. Here is the Valve Covers, computer rendering of breather top, and finished product.
24902B9D-C966-406D-831C-C1FC352165E0-1622-0000018252205DCF_zpse533a3c8.jpg

78304FF7-E7D2-4C92-8CF6-338B4360F419-1622-0000018215DF3042_zpsadbe8d21.jpg

BF00FD18-AC34-4CB4-A51A-8458844365A8-3696-000002452888170E_zpsabe740cf.jpg

The machine marks will polish out and when done should be smooth and look the breather and valve covers were a set. :)

Not sure shared this throttle handle with you all but here it is.

9A1FD192-DA0B-4A61-B227-23BC2B11FD2F-10471-000005E273691CD5_zps953eb56f.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone with D3 access fo me a favor. I will be able to do this but only 10 minutes before the Performance Cap races start.

Can a Friend request be sent to XR_RACER_11 from the D3 lounge? His GTP_XR_RACER_11 account currently has a FR for D3 and that can be deleted to make room.

Thanks.

Done. :)

Oh, I wasn't commenting so much on the boundries, more on the 3 tires off statement. You can't have two tires on the racing surface, as per the OLR, if you have three off.

owens, looks good. Do you just do engraving or do you guys do full cnc type stuff? I'm going to guess the full monty, as I'm sure that handle was a a piece of stainless stock.

Last edited:
Full Monty. Both started from raw stock. Both aluminum. Handle is from 2"x .5" 2025 for extra rigidity. Breather 3/8" 6061 plate.

The handle has Dagger look going. ;)

D9EB93D7-4266-4395-B707-CD833E49AD5C-7007-0000040A466E8E99_zps38609ed7.jpg

2D7937BC-72E8-42CE-ADDA-9E60893B1347-7007-0000040A5D5DB6CF_zpse9d99aeb.jpg

Here are the official results from our league night on July 14, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 92 points (88.34 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. GTP_Benz-27 ------- did not submit a vote
  • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • hillracing -------- DNR
  • Adventuruss ------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • racefan78 --------- DNR
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • serge_1919 -------- DNR
  • RickyBobbyV8 ------ DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
Division 2
  1. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 77 points (79.31 for prize purposes only)
  2. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. jmoneykillaz09 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. VAG_star ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • zegrated ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
  • patriot-1128 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Wins ---------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ---- DNR
  • WestCoastNFL ------ DNR
Division 3
  1. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 87 points (76.56 for prize purposes only)
  2. The2ArmedMen ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. SoCalRacer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • dragonwhisky ------ DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • moperlover -------- DNR
  • schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • HusamOne ---------- DNR
  • GTSuchiiyaSan ----- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 2 87 points (87.00 for Prize B)
  2. fereck ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_Ph7shr -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • ChuthuluGoat ------ DNR
  • Bandit0627 -------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
  • edwin1017 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • otakukid965 ------- DNR
  • iroquois-- -------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • aznboi2000 -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 85 points (81.28 for Prize C)
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • RJ_Whitlock_9mm --- DNR
  • Fabricio98 -------- DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • nerf058 ----------- DNR
  • ffbbsou812 -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • PICHON617 --------- DNR
  • nateral00 --------- DNR
  • patmanattack ------ DNR
  • DADYGERAR --------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 2 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Grand Valley East

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since martin20az wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it. IMPORTANT NOTE: martin20az has already won Prize A this season. Therefore, he cannot select Prize A again until next season. This means that everyone who raced in D1 last night gets to suggest a new car and track combo. After each of the suggestions have been submitted (by posting it on the thread), martin20az will be allowed to select which suggestion he would like to use his Prize A on. Any driver who posts multiple suggestions will have all of his suggestions VOIDED. Please don't let that happen to you! Please only make one combo suggestion!

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 1 - Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car @Tokyo R246 / Reverse

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_XR_RACER_11 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to TEX-36 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
Retroactive compliance, punk.

Effing awesome choice.

Man I was way off pace last night everywhere except GVE. And I managed to crash out there in the 2nd race.

Sorry to D1 if I was in the way. Last week I was in the fray quite a bit but this week my kid kept coming out of his bedroom and talking to me while I was racing. Wife was upstairs oblivious while my son kept asking questions while I was trying to get him to go back to bed ;) Just a frustrating night.

Good racing though...not going to be happy to see either the Altezza or Tokyo Reverse again though. Sad to see the Leggera go. Great car hindered by a small narrow track...we had some great racing there though. Every car that goes to GVE always has good close racing.

Will post my official suggestion for Prize A in a few moments...definitely not going to be a race car.

Last edited:
I love that car but I'm tired of spending millions in cars. Not a duper and no extra time to run seasonals for cash. I'm below a million in the bank now thanks to the F10 and all the expensive race cars lately.

I love that car but I'm tired of spending millions in cars. Not a duper and no extra time to run seasonals for cash. I'm below a million in the bank now thanks to the F10 and all the expensive race cars lately.

I am willing to send you a few 1965 tickets to cycle.

W

Wanted to share some recent work:
Guy comes in wanting me to make a Breather top for his car. Dual Carb set up. Needs to be low profile and match his current valve covers. Here is the Valve Covers, computer rendering of breather top, and finished product.

The machine marks will polish out and when done should be smooth and look the breather and valve covers were a set. :)

Not sure shared this throttle handle with you all but here it is.

Very nice work! I'm guessing you are a very busy guy.

My official Prize A recommendation:

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 (444pp) at Suzuka.

Btw...unbeknownst to me...this is a never before used car in SNAIL Sunday night racing ;)

Great car...can't believe it's never been used.

And to recommend that the understeering Altezza go away...there are some REALLY awesome cars on the unused Premium car list...Amemiya RX7's, Ferrari 430/SP1, Trail and M Celica variants, the Supra race cars, the Fairlady Z33 version S is fantastically neutral, LFA, NSX Type R, G37 High End Performance...too many to list...

Is this list even accurate? There are some crazy good cars on that list that have NEVER been run while some cars have been chosen more than once. Sheesh...check out that list before choosing a recycled car.

Last edited:
Well, we did run a form of the ft-86 concept. the non concept version. If I recall, it stuck around for a few weeks too. I agree with the rest of that though, there are a great number of premiums that I have been aching to race, and would probably draw me in for a Sunday. I know I would have picked the Amemiya if I had ever one.

Back