◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
So, people still up for some drifting? I'll be on somewhere between 930 - 10

Might not make it unfortunately. :( I forgot the Cardinals were playing tonight and its kinda a family thing. And by family thing I mean Im just sitting on the sofa with some popcorn watching the game. :lol:

5bHtHiM.png

Video of the Week​

S.N.A.I.L. Spec Racing. Sunday Night League, Division 3 10/6/13
Recorder: RallyWagon (PSN: Rallywgn81)
(The opening banner on this one is wicked cool! Happy Birthday Rally!)

3zWc9K6.jpg

Picture of the Week​
Photo by: Handlebar

The Swan Song​

The doldrums is a colloquial expression derived from historical maritime usage, in which it refers to those parts of the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean affected by the Intertropical Convergence Zone, a low-pressure area around the equator where the prevailing winds are calm. The low pressure is caused by the heat at the equator, which makes the air rise and travel north and south high in the atmosphere, until it subsides again in the horse latitudes. Some of that air returns to the doldrums through the trade winds. This process can lead to light or variable winds and more severe weather, in the form of squalls, thunderstorms and hurricanes. The doldrums are also noted for calm periods when the winds disappear altogether, trapping sail-powered boats for periods of days or weeks. The term appears to have arisen in the 18th century – when cross-Equator sailing voyages became more common. Colloquially, the "doldrums" are a state of inactivity, mild depression, listlessness or stagnation...

We, sir, are in the doldrums. One could also say we are becalmed. I was listening to this (swan) song this morning and it really came to light what is really happening. We are witnessing the death of something that has been a part of our lives for a number of years now. The GT legacy, GTPlanet and S.N.A.I.L. will live forever but the foundation for our racing lives is almost finished. Yes, there is new land to build on and our new journey is sure to be epic. Some will transition seamlessly without emotion, but there are others that will reminisce and even mourn a little when GT5 gets placed on the shelf. It has been a close friend to many of us. The familiar format and music. We all have turned to GT5 when times are good and sometimes when they are at their worst. Our trusty partner in crime. Sit back, close your eyes, listen to this song and remember your greatest times with GT5. (Thanks Joe)

It may be a little early for our final goodbyes but we can all see the effects of the coming switch to a new Gran Turismo title. The grid numbers are shrinking and participation in events like practice night are starting to wane. It is no way a sign of an up coming Apocalypse. It is just the natural order of things. We will most likely continue to shrink (a bit) during this "transitional" phase but all will not be lost. The future of GT and this League is very bright and I see fantastic things for all of us in the very near future.

As the last few weeks of GT5 wind to a close, take a look around and remember all of your spectacular wins (and massive fails) during your time with this title. Most of us started 15 years ago with the original and have been playing non stop since but it was GT5 that offered the soil that helped grow our League. (And many of our friendships and rivalries) I think that one of our biggest hurdles will be the regular comparison of 5 and 6. It will be a long time before any of us completely lets go. There will be some that will always hold the candle for "5".

SNAIL will persevere on the new horizon. Our leadership and core members will make sure of that. Remember what it is all about. How we got here and revel in all that it GT5. The future is on our doorstep and as long as we remember our roots, we will never go wrong.

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
I would Love to Join.......problem. I WORK SUNDAY NIGHTS.......May I join a race on WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY?.....i can qualify any morning but wednesday and thursdays are my only days off. EASTERN USA TIME ZONE.

Last edited:
go6
I would Love to Join.......problem. I WORK SUNDAY NIGHTS.......May I join a race on WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY?.....i can qualify any morning but wednesday and thursdays are my only days off. EASTERN USA TIME ZONE.

Hey go6, thanks for checking us out. To bad you can't race on Sunday's but click here for a list of races we have during the week:)👍

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - 13 October 2013
Penalty Rate 57%
Banner by dabneyd
Quote for the Week: as referenced every week in the Results Post
  • Use a neutral tone. Maybe you're unsure how the stewards might rule on something, or how the rules apply in a certain situation. Say so. A complaint doesn't have to be an accusation. People sometimes ask us to just look at something that happened, without telling us who they think is at fault.
With the above in mind, I will add, filling out the Incident Description block is largely unnecessary. The Stewards, as a group, will determine if an incident and a driver warrants a penalty, based on what they see using the specific information reported in the other fields. While I won't speak for the other stewards, I would actually prefer it, that no comments were made, at all, in the initial Incident Report.

Division 2 - 3 incidents on file
GTP_Jared93
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 Week Probation
rmb_senna
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation.
  • 4 Weeks Probation Remain

Division 3 - 4 incidents on file
ExoSphere64
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 Week Probation
TEX-36
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points. 1 Week Probation

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler and tezgm99 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I've got a question about monthly results so far this month, it says that I've only got 89 points which would suggest I didn't race the first night in October, which I did. Anyone think they can change that?

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - 13 October 2013
Penalty Rate 57%
Banner by dabneyd
Quote for the Week: as referenced every week in the Results Post

With the above in mind, I will add, filling out the Incident Description block is largely unnecessary. The Stewards, as a group, will determine if an incident and a driver warrants a penalty, based on what they see using the specific information reported in the other fields. While I won't speak for the other stewards, I would actually prefer it, that no comments were made, at all, in the initial Incident Report.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler and tezgm99 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Thanks Stewards for taking care of this weeks incidents 👍

The GranStand Points are now up to date. Only two weeks left before we get to award a GranStand, do you know where you GranStand?

S.N.A.I.L. September - October Challenge, presented by GranStand

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

I've got a question about monthly results so far this month, it says that I've only got 89 points which would suggest I didn't race the first night in October, which I did. Anyone think they can change that?

I think the reason is that you are listed on 10/6 as GTPdangerzone641 and on 10/13, you are listed as dangerzone641. You definitely raced 10/6.
I'm sure kcheeb can fix that.

Done and thanks for letting us know!

The D1 Results sheet for October 6th had GTP in front of your id. Our archive of data has you as dangerzone641 so it didn't match up.

Fixed up the GranStand results sheet too :)

EDIT: What tcrash said :lol:

go6

Too bad you work Sundays :(

Here's a list of the weekday events we run, just post in the any of the race threads you can race in and the Director will take care of the rest.

For Wednesdays, Owensracing runs the Stamina Series and Thursday is our Official Practice for Sundays racing. We run that in an open lobby and you'd be more than welcome to join in. Just watch the thread Thursday night for a post by Wolfsatz with the room number.

Please be aware, we take clean racing seriously. The first post has lot's of information on what you can expect from S.N.A.I.L. but also what we expect from our Drivers.

EDIT: crap, double post, :(

Nicely done zer0. You haven't claimed 1 "earned" shell, yet you have 22. Things that make ya go hmmm. ;)

May have to start calling you "Donald". :sly:

Dragonwhisky
Nicely done zer0. You haven't claimed 1 "earned" shell, yet you have 22. Things that make ya go hmmm. ;)

May have to start calling you "Donald". :sly:

👍 the S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace in action :)

Dragonwhisky and I are going to be hopping into D2 a little after 4 Eastern to get some gearing sorted for this Tuesdays 100 Kart races. Join us if you'd like.

Last edited:
EVENT IDEA PITCH!!!

Hey guys, I know a lot of people have expressed the sentiment that it's a bit sad GT5 will soon be coming to a close. I have to agree, we've all made some great memories with this game, and I know we'll continue to do the same with GT6 and beyond. That said, I have an idea for a one-time event to reminisce on the best of GT-5, but also the GT series in general.

This event would consist of 5 races. The first one would take place on a track first introduced in GT1. The second on a track first introduced on GT2, and so on. Cars for each round would be restricted to cars first introduced in each rounds respective iteration of the series, as well as whatever other restrictions we decide on to make for good racing.

We could vote on the exact tracks and cars to use if you guys want to, or I can set it up myself if there's not a lot of interest. So what does everyone think?

racefan78
EVENT IDEA PITCH!!!

Hey guys, I know a lot of people have expressed the sentiment that it's a bit sad GT5 will soon be coming to a close. I have to agree, we've all made some great memories with this game, and I know we'll continue to do the same with GT6 and beyond. That said, I have an idea for a one-time event to reminisce on the best of GT-5, but also the GT series in general.

This event would consist of 5 races. The first one would take place on a track first introduced in GT1. The second on a track first introduced on GT2, and so on. Cars for each round would be restricted to cars first introduced in each rounds respective iteration of the series, as well as whatever other restrictions we decide on to make for good racing.

We could vote on the exact tracks and cars to use if you guys want to, or I can set it up myself if there's not a lot of interest. So what does everyone think?

You should start by buying the coffin for GT5 :lol:

Anybody have the ford on share? I need it and will be busy today and most of tomorrow so want have any time to earn enough bills to buy it

Back